Skip to content

[MOD] Balduran's Seatower - Early Access Open Beta!

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2021
    I have just done a new EET install and included Balduran's Sea Tower but I have run into a problem with dialogue that I think is from the mod appearing in the wrong place. For example, here in the Candlekeep Inn when I am talking to Thurston and Lovey:
    xyx61gqmi1m6.png

And then again when I am talking to Borland of Beregost

8jon4txlg3wy.png

I should stress that there is a very good chance that it is not the mod that is at fault and I may well have messed up my EET installation in some way.

The other mods I am running are:

BG unfinished business (installed before EET into my BG/SoD folder)

Then I installed:

EET
    BG1 NPC Project
    Endless BG1
    Alternatives
    Jastey's SoD Tweaks
    Tweaks Anthology
    EET tweaks
    Chatty Imoen
    Portraits portraits everywhere
    Level 1NPCs
    Convenient EENPCs
    Imoen Forever
    IWD voice pack
    Balduran's Sea Tower
    EET End

Does anyone have an idea which mod might be causing the confusion? Are any of these incompatible with each other? If it makes a difference, the order I have listed them is the order in which I installed them.

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Permidion_Stark the mod doesn't alter these cre files etc., so this is most probably a mixup in the local dialog.tlk. Your install order is not ideal. I'd recommend
    -Imoen4Ever
    -EndlessBG1
    -BG1NPC Project
    -Alternatives
    -Tweak packs
    -Portrait Packs
    -not sure about Level1NPCs and Convenient EENPCs but I would treat tham as Tweak Packs
    -EET_End.
    StummvonBordwehrPermidion_Stark
    @Permidion_Stark which mods add these NPCs?
    BST also does not replace any strings in the dialogue.tlk so the question is why the cre files of these characters use journal entries of BST for their names. I assume you started a new game. Maybe it will be resolved if you change the install order to the recommended Questmods - NPCmods - Tweaks order.
    Permidion_Stark
    @jastey
    Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. The NPCs I mentioned aren't added by mods. Thurston and Lovey are the couple whose jewelry you can steal in the Candlekeep Inn at the start of the game and Borland of Beregost is the guy whose house you can stay in for free just around the corner from the Thunderhammer Smithy. So it does sound like it is down to my install order. I will uninstall everything and try again.

By the way, I really love your mods and am looking forward to exploring the Sea Tower.
    jasteyStummvonBordwehr
    It shows that I didn't play much lately. I wasn't aware these characters have (these) names.
    I hope the issue will be solved. I wouldn't know how BST would get its texts at these places but something definitely mixed things up there.
    Permidion_StarkStummvonBordwehr
    @jastey
    I have reinstalled everything with the order you suggested and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to exploring Balduran's Sea Tower (though it might take me a while to get there - I have only just arrived in Beregost).
    jasteyAciferStummvonBordwehrIsewein
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @jastey
    What other work remains on this mod before it's public release 1.0?
    Zoltanavr
  • JamesStAnthonyJamesStAnthony Member Posts: 8
    jastey wrote: »
    Endarire wrote: »
    @jastey
    What other work remains on this mod before it's public release 1.0?

More content. More areas, more quests, more loot.

Hoping I don't sound pushy but was wondering if there was any idea on timeframe you'd be willing to share? I'm wondering if it's worth holding off on a fresh run of BG1 for a full Seatower release
    @JamesStAnthony This will be more of a "at least half a year" time frame, and if I don't start any time soon it won't be before Christmas as I initially had anticipated. I am at another mod currently which will take some more time, and in general I can't really give any ETAs anyway. The v1 of BST is definitely *not* around the corner.
    bonewhitegloryIseweinStummvonBordwehrtl1942
  • JamesStAnthonyJamesStAnthony Member Posts: 8
    Understood - thanks for the answer! Will check out the current version in my next playthrough :)
    jastey
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2021
    Is it recommended to use the current github master over the EAOB 6 release from April? EAOB 6 is missing the "Beregost_House08" fix that was commited to the master in June
    @cdds if that is really the only change then it's of no consequence, meaning you can use the last release and not miss out on anything, but you can use - in this case - the master as well.
    The variable corrected is not used in BST, I just corrected it in all my mods' lib folders in one go in case me or someone else wants to use the templates for another mod.
    cddsStummvonBordwehr
    edited September 2021
    I have just started exploring Balduran's Seatower for the first time (it has taken me a long time to get a character to survive long enough to get here). I am loving it so far. It fits seamlessly into the game and it is an absolute joy having new areas to explore.

I have run into a couple of typos:
    The word deceased is misspelled.
    wyc1krrbrma4.png
    I think it should be 'made her reject me' rather than rejecting me. Also, I think it should be 'Now my daughter has died' or 'Now my daughter is dead' (I think the latter sounds more natural).
    xz3cu25anbt9.png
    It should be grab rather than grib. But 'The rabbit does not fight your grab' sounds a bit odd and maybe 'The rabbit is easy to catch' might be better. Or if you want to keep it closer to the original then 'The rabbit does not fight your grasp' probably reads better. And there is a 'b' missing from the struggling rabbit.
    p9dibjbs8kmp.png

So far I have only explored the upper areas of the tower but I am planning to visit the catacombs soon to find out what awaits me there . . .
    jasteyStummvonBordwehrbonewhiteglory
    @Permidion_Stark thank you for the kind words and the reports.
    Keep them coming! :)
    StummvonBordwehrPermidion_StarkAciferbonewhiteglory
    I'm doing the Fire Elemental quest and I have run into a confusing bit of dialogue when I talk to the Fletcher about fireproofing the barrel:
    i07xrtrch76w.png
    The Fletcher is saying that he will fireproof the barrel if I will get some feathers for him but there seems to be a beat missing. He hasn't actually asked for the feathers or told me what type of feathers he needs and I haven't said that I will get them. Also the feathers quest doesn't appear in my journal (I'm not sure if it should or not).
    StummvonBordwehr
    @Permidion_Stark thanks for the report. The feather quest is a sidequest the fletcher should have given you either before or now when asking about the barel. This doesn't seem to work, obviously.
    This is what she should have said:
    @1184 /* ~I'm almost out of feathers for my next batch of arrows. I happen to know that the tower cook has a fine pair of plump geese for tonight's meal. Would you go and ask her for the feathers? I'd do it myself but I'm stuck here waiting for a shipment of arrow shafts.~ */

If you have a savegame from before talking to the fletcher with the barrel: set
    C:SetGlobal("ys_GetFeathers","GLOBAL",1)
    and talk to her again. You will then get the feather quest.

If you don't have a savegame from before, set
    C:SetGlobal("ys_GetFeathers","GLOBAL",2)
    and imagine this entry in your PC's journal:
    ~The Fletcher's Feathers

I need to ask the cook for the goose feathers so the fletcher will have time to do me a favor with the barrel.~

You should be proud owner of the feaher quest now and the kitchen staffers should react to it.
    StummvonBordwehrPermidion_Stark
    If you have a savegame from before talking to the fletcher with the barrel: set
    C:SetGlobal("ys_GetFeathers","GLOBAL",1)
    and talk to her again. You will then get the feather quest.

If you don't have a savegame from before, set
    C:SetGlobal("ys_GetFeathers","GLOBAL",2)

I'm afraid I don't actually know how to do that (you are dealing with someone who is barely computer literate). I have found a save and it contains two text files: BALDUR.gam and BALDUR.SAV. I can open them using Text Edit (I am using a Mac) but they seem to contain nothing but gobbledygook. Do I just typeC:SetGlobal("ys_GetFeathers","GLOBAL",2) into one of them?
    edited September 2021
    What I posted is the cheatcode inside the game.
    Here is how to enable the cheat console but I think it's enabled for 2.6. (not for console).
    If you want to edit it on, you would use Near Infinity, You can add a variable using Edit -> Add -> variable. I never did it this way though.
    Thanks @jastey . I have never used the cheat console but I will give it a go. Near Infinity looks way too complicated for me!
    StummvonBordwehrjastey
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    If my party wasn't about to embark to Brynnlaw, I would totally be testing this. I'm excited to see how close this mod is to release.
    jastey
    "preparing eaob.7" :o
    @cdds yes, sorry that I didn't say anything when you aksed recently - I didn't know then that I'll prepare an update now. It's all @Permidion_Stark 's fault that I finally identified the reason for the "fletcher did not coat the barrel" bug and went into an update frenzy. :) Just some bugfixes though, should be coming this weekend.

@Maurvir the "Early Access Open Beta" is quite stable and has no open ends the player can identify. Unless you were referring to the official v1, that is not on the horizon just yet.
    GraionDilachPermidion_StarkStummvonBordwehr
    @jastey - I'm glad I am keeping you busy! I found another typo while I was talking to Captain Dungarth:
    x0vsaj915que.png
    It should be sergeants
    StummvonBordwehr
    @Permidion_Stark the term "Serjeante" instead of the common sergeant was use by Yovaneth who is a native speaker. I'm not sure where it comes from but since Balduran's Seatower is/was more or less his baby I left the term in. It's used for all sergeants inside the tower.
    Thank you, nontheless. I might change that in the future, if it leads to too much confusion. (You're not the first who identifies it as a typo.)
    @cdds yes, sorry that I didn't say anything when you aksed recently - I didn't know then that I'll prepare an update now. It's all @Permidion_Stark 's fault that I finally identified the reason for the "fletcher did not coat the barrel" bug and went into an update frenzy. :) Just some bugfixes though, should be coming this weekend.
    No worries, that smiley was supposed to express happy anticipation for the v7 beta update. I wanted to start my next run this weekend anyway, so the SCS update as well as the update of your Seatower mod have great timing ;)
    jasteyStummvonBordwehr
    @cdds I understood that smiley, no worries. :) Still, I felt like I should say something. Someimes mod updates are ready for weeks and only need a last push, sometimes they happen in a day where I didn't even know I'd do them when getting up in the morning.
    Just in case you were planning on taking my Brandock the Mage NPC along let me know, I'm woking on an update with bugfixes for that one. too.
    GraionDilachStummvonBordwehr
    edited September 2021
    Just in case you were planning on taking my Brandock the Mage NPC along let me know, I'm woking on an update with bugfixes for that one. too.
    Only Drake and Emily for mod NPCs this time, maybe next playthrough. I also read a lot of good things about Breagar, but he doesn't seem to have english VO so far (ich bin zwar deutsch, spiel aber immer auf englisch)
    @cdds Breagar has full translation, but the voicing is in German, that's right. (You could pretend it's dwarvish :D )

----

Balduran's Seatower updates to vEAOB.7. The "fletcher didn't coat the barrel" bug should be fixed now, amongst other bug fixes and improvements.

Changelog:

-Fletcher should give feathers quest when asked about the barrel.
    -There should be a (new) sea troll after receiving the quest for the sea troll gland.
    -Quest about Dark Power in the Catacombs will now have solved quest entry after reporting to the abbot.
    -Expired Mimic Powder renamed to "Empty". The empty bottle will be returned from the tanner and can be sold to the tower mage.
    -added description how to reach the prison to journal entry and prison pass.
    -Typo corrections.
    -Spawning of messenger for slaver quest is patched to bs1000.bcs, too (instead of the scfript block being inside the file).
    -Added globally unique LABEL to support Project Infinity.
    -Updated install order syntax for PI.
    -Corrected entries in cpmvars for "Beregost_House08".
    Permidion_StarkGraionDilachStummvonBordwehrtl1942