Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

1616263646567»

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @fvig2001
    From what I've heard, Near Infinity replaces EE Keeper for stat/character editing.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    fvig2001 wrote: »
    I really wish Troodon80 made this editor open source. The one that he uploaded is outdated (in terms of features). I want to fix a bug that occurs in heavily modded games (crashes on editing out of party members)
    Endarire wrote: »
    From what I've heard, Near Infinity replaces EE Keeper for stat/character editing.

True, NearInfinity can do most things EEKeeper can't. And while EEKeeper does have some limits, adding more features would detract from its lovely simplicity, imo.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • LarethianLarethian Member Posts: 1
    Does any one know where can i download the latest version of eekeeper? i have tried the regular sites with :(no luck to download it :(
  • ShirakShirak Member Posts: 84
    The sourceforge link works fine. Check your browser blocks. Chances are that you blocked it.
  • lambert_lambertlambert_lambert Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am playing BGII EE using old save -- but not so old, four years at most. Making mistake in Viconia romance, corrected it with the help of EE Keeper and play on. Suddenly I notice that the main character (paladin) has lost all his proficiencies -- nothing on either the sword or the hammer. I go into EE Keeper to return his skills -- and there is nothing in proficiences at all, neither charname nor other characters (although their skills did not disappear). Downloaded older versions of the keeper -- the same stuff. What could it be and how to fix it?ua9lbfaz08d3.png
    Hi,
    I am playing BGII EE using old save -- but not so old, four years at most. Making mistake in Viconia romance, corrected it with the help of EE Keeper and play on. Suddenly I notice that the main character (paladin) has lost all his proficiencies -- nothing on either the sword or the hammer. I go into EE Keeper to return his skills -- and there is nothing in proficiences at all, neither charname nor other characters (although their skills did not disappear). Downloaded older versions of the keeper -- the same stuff. What could it be and how to fix it?
    ua9lbfaz08d3.png

Are you playing modded? Has an update happened in the meantime? Did you change the installation path?

Are the other characters in the party alright in EEKeeper? How do the other screens look? What happens if you load an even older save (in-game and in EEKeeper)?
  • lambert_lambertlambert_lambert Member Posts: 2
    Sjerrie wrote: »

Are you playing modded? Has an update happened in the meantime? Did you change the installation path?

Nope. The save is old, the game was reinstalled, but everything was OK. But yes, I didn't see proficiencies in keeper -- because I didn't look for them before they disappeared in the game.

What happens if you load an even older save (in-game and in EEKeeper)?

In game OK, in EE keeper -- the same, no proficiencies. I have two saves -- Chapter III day 15 morning and day 15 evening. In the first save charname has THACO 9 and 5 profieciency points, in the second -- THACO 12 and no points. In EE Keeper both saves are the same: THACO 12 and no points.

Are the other characters in the party alright in EEKeeper? How do the other screens look?

They have no proficiencies as well. ga50w9c9jnjt.png

edited April 2022

Nope. The save is old, the game was reinstalled, but everything was OK. But yes, I didn't see proficiencies in keeper -- because I didn't look for them before they disappeared in the game.

What happens if you load an even older save (in-game and in EEKeeper)?

In game OK, in EE keeper -- the same, no proficiencies. I have two saves -- Chapter III day 15 morning and day 15 evening. In the first save charname has THACO 9 and 5 profieciency points, in the second -- THACO 12 and no points. In EE Keeper both saves are the same: THACO 12 and no points.

This makes me think that something did change since your last play. Possibly through the re-install, maybe a game version change, which could shuffle around some of the game's resources throwing EEKeeper for a loop.

Have you tried recreating a new profile for the install? Or temporarily starting a new game to see how those saves are picked up by EEKeeper?
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    The Edit Out Of Party in 4.0 always crashes. Also i was wondering if the option to edit the PC/NPC sound sets through EE would be a possibility?
  • WulcyWulcy Member Posts: 32
    I take it that it's not compatible with Planescape: Torment EE? I tried directing it to my saved games but nothing showed up.
    Wulcy wrote: »
    I take it that it's not compatible with Planescape: Torment EE? I tried directing it to my saved games but nothing showed up.

It is not, unfortunately. The engine is different enough for it not to, and I don't think Troodon got around to rebuilding the whole thing, which is fair imo.

I suggest checking out NearInfinity.
    edited December 2022
    Vasculio wrote: »
    The Edit Out Of Party in 4.0 always crashes. Also i was wondering if the option to edit the PC/NPC sound sets through EE would be a possibility?

I think that particular crash was never fixed. Editing the soundset isn't something within the scope of EEKeeper, but I think is possible through NearInfinity.
    Post edited by Sjerrie on
  • skorchskorch Member Posts: 4
    Tags: eekeeper, dialog.tlk, proficiencies, weidu

Problem: For two months I had been using EE Keeper v1.0.4.0 with BG2EE without issue. Then one day I noticed my characters/creatures all had blank proficiency tabs and no strings were being found.

Symptoms:
    • The game was working fine.
    • Everything showed up as normal in Near Infinity.
    • EE Keeper v1.0.3.2 was the only version to work okay (but much slower and didn't see home:/override).
    • EE Keeper was detecting dialog.tlk but not reading it (confirmed with Process Monitor).
    • Uninstalling all WeiDU mods and using default chitin.key/dialog.tlk did not fix the problem.
    • A backed up installation saved to my desktop did work with EE Keeper v1.0.4.0, but swapping files between installations did not fix the problem.
    • Copying the installation to a FAT32 drive (in case of NTFS security/permission issues) did not fix the problem.
    • Using System Informer I discovered EE Keeper was reading all the WeiDU mod ZIP files saved in the installation directory.

TL;DR
    Solution: Moving all WeiDU mod ZIP files outside of the install directory fixed the problem.
    Alternative solution: Use a different archive format that EE Keeper ignores, e.g., 7z.
  • CorzatTheGrayCorzatTheGray Member Posts: 3
    Is there a way to manipulate items stashed in bag of holding or scroll case, etc.?
    I have not been able to locate a way with EE Keeper and was wondering if there was another "easy" way to do so... or if at all
    Thanks
    Is there a way to manipulate items stashed in bag of holding or scroll case, etc.?
    I have not been able to locate a way with EE Keeper and was wondering if there was another "easy" way to do so... or if at all
    Thanks

Mechanically, Bags of Holding function like stores do, which is not something within the scope of EEKeeper. NearInfinity should be able to do it, the save should have a .STO file inside it with the same name as the bag.
  • CorzatTheGrayCorzatTheGray Member Posts: 3

Mechanically, Bags of Holding function like stores do, which is not something within the scope of EEKeeper. NearInfinity should be able to do it, the save should have a .STO file inside it with the same name as the bag.

Thanks!
    I'll give it a go and see what I can find out.
    I was somehow unaware of NI until a short while ago and have not dipped my toes in those waters yet... no time like the present!
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

Thanks!
    I'll give it a go and see what I can find out.
    I was somehow unaware of NI until a short while ago and have not dipped my toes in those waters yet... no time like the present!

NI is better than EE Keeper but isn't as easy to use. Worth investigating.
  • TaumsalkTaumsalk Member Posts: 6
    Hi! I've done this in the past, but now I can't find the output location of "Convert to CHR". It's for iwdee and I've checked the character folder in Documents (Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\characters). I didn't have this issue in baldur's gate. Thanks
    Taumsalk wrote: »
    Hi! I've done this in the past, but now I can't find the output location of "Convert to CHR". It's for iwdee and I've checked the character folder in Documents (Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\characters). I didn't have this issue in baldur's gate. Thanks

It doesn't give you the prompt where you want to save the .CHR?
  • mnmansteinmnmanstein Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2023
    Ok. I am totally new to EE Keeper, and I am having some issues. I am hoping that some people still visit this forum, as I see it has been a while since anyone has posted anything. So, I have downloaded and set up EE Keeper for my Baldur's Gate Enhanced game. When I put in all of the information, it gives me an error message (see my first picture). I have literally copied and pasted where the game and the saves are located at, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have the game stored on my D Drive, while my saves are on my C drive. Could that be an issue? As a side note, the chitin key and the EE Keeper are both in the same file. I got it to work. Long convoluted explanation, but it is working.
    w22bwb6tmz17.png
    bwi72avl5lrw.png
    eiy26h02wntt.png
    Post edited by mnmanstein on
    mnmanstein wrote: »
    w22bwb6tmz17.png

Looks like you didn't have the full path in "installation directory".

Glad it works now though. :)