Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

1596061626365»

Comments

• RazielLewachRazielLewach Member Posts: 20
    Hi! I'll try to post here a problem...
    7a259ec2b576446b6f826b7c2776d2f5.png

Anyone knows how to make my char heal X HP or XdY HP with that effect? That means, every thime I successfully hit an enemy with a weapon... What to put on resource? It says an eff file... How do u create that? I edited an eff file but can't read it and IDK where to put it

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,078
    @RazielLewach I think your best bet would be to look at a weapon or spell that does what you want, and copy that effect. Unfortunately editing or even viewing detailed item properties is not something EEKeeper does, but Near Infinity, IEEP or DLTCEP might be able to help you out with that.

Wise_Grimwald
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 218
    Anyone can tell my why EEKeeper asks me if I want to save the changes to a savegame even if I didn't touch a single thing? This makes me think that the program modifies something simply opening the savegame.. but what?

@Blash it doesn't change anything. It's possibly just a (leftover) convenience of programming: it's easier to always ask than to check if something has changed.

Wise_GrimwaldSkatan
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,481
    edited October 6
    I am wondering if keeper can be used to modify the contents of chests.

If so how do you identify the chest in the first place, and secondly how do you go about editing the contents?

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    masteraleph

If so how do you identify the chest in the first place, and secondly how do you go about editing the contents?

Having gone through all the tabs, I am thinking that it is not possible using Keeper and that I need to do this in Near Infinity. Am I correct?

Having gone through all the tabs, I am thinking that it is not possible using Keeper and that I need to do this in Near Infinity. Am I correct?

Chests, unlike stores/BoH, don't have an associated file of their own but are embedded in the area file.

While area files are encapsulated in the save file for consistency after first visit, so "gone" character or chest contents don't respawn, area files do indeed fall outside the scope of EEKeeper. But yeah seems easy enough with Near Infinity though.

Sjerrie wrote: »

Chests, unlike stores/BoH, don't have an associated file of their own but are embedded in the area file.

While area files are encapsulated in the save file for consistency after first visit, so "gone" character or chest contents don't respawn, area files do indeed fall outside the scope of EEKeeper. But yeah seems easy enough with Near Infinity though.

Thanks for the insight and explanation. I'm not surprised, but glad to have my thoughts confirmed. I'm not too experienced with NI, but perhaps ought to be if I want to mod the game myself.

Sjerrie
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 33
    edited November 14
    Apologies if this has been asked earlier:

Is it possible to use EEkeeper to change non-companion NPCs' equipment?

If so, how would one do that?

Edit: I see that people have had issues with the current version where doing so causes program crashes. Is that still a current issue?

Post edited by BelacRLJ on
    BelacRLJ wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked earlier:

Is it possible to use EEkeeper to change non-companion NPCs' equipment?

If so, how would one do that?

Edit: I see that people have had issues with the current version where doing so causes program crashes. Is that still a current issue?

Yes it is. You have to edit the cre file.

Open the creature browser (6th icon from the left, or use the file drop down menu) then use the filter to find the creature that you want to edit.

(Don't try editing the attributes of the character or the game may crash, at least it did before EE)

You can then edit such things as the inventory. Don't try editing experience level! Don't add containers except that you can for Gorion. After using the filter, you may have to work out which cre file you acually want. In my set-up there are 3 Mendas cre files and several Gorion files.

I have altered the equipment for the assassins in Candlekeep. It puts them on a par with Charname so that they sometimes kill Charname. It also makes the battles worthwhile fighting as the equipment is worth having. However don't give them over-powerful equipment as it will spoil the game.

Sjerrie
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 33
    Thanks.

What I'm trying to do is equip Amarande with the White Oak shield, so I can loot it and give it to Jaheira. The shield's got to be somewhere in that treehouse for him to give it to Faldorn, right?

SjerrieWise_Grimwald