Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• RazielLewachRazielLewach Member Posts: 20
    Hi! I'll try to post here a problem...
    7a259ec2b576446b6f826b7c2776d2f5.png

Anyone knows how to make my char heal X HP or XdY HP with that effect? That means, every thime I successfully hit an enemy with a weapon... What to put on resource? It says an eff file... How do u create that? I edited an eff file but can't read it and IDK where to put it
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @RazielLewach I think your best bet would be to look at a weapon or spell that does what you want, and copy that effect. Unfortunately editing or even viewing detailed item properties is not something EEKeeper does, but Near Infinity, IEEP or DLTCEP might be able to help you out with that.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Anyone can tell my why EEKeeper asks me if I want to save the changes to a savegame even if I didn't touch a single thing? This makes me think that the program modifies something simply opening the savegame.. but what?
    @Blash it doesn't change anything. It's possibly just a (leftover) convenience of programming: it's easier to always ask than to check if something has changed.
    Wise_GrimwaldSkatan
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited October 2019
    I am wondering if keeper can be used to modify the contents of chests.

If so how do you identify the chest in the first place, and secondly how do you go about editing the contents?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    masteraleph

If so how do you identify the chest in the first place, and secondly how do you go about editing the contents?

Having gone through all the tabs, I am thinking that it is not possible using Keeper and that I need to do this in Near Infinity. Am I correct?

Having gone through all the tabs, I am thinking that it is not possible using Keeper and that I need to do this in Near Infinity. Am I correct?

Chests, unlike stores/BoH, don't have an associated file of their own but are embedded in the area file.

While area files are encapsulated in the save file for consistency after first visit, so "gone" character or chest contents don't respawn, area files do indeed fall outside the scope of EEKeeper. But yeah seems easy enough with Near Infinity though.
    Sjerrie wrote: »

Chests, unlike stores/BoH, don't have an associated file of their own but are embedded in the area file.

While area files are encapsulated in the save file for consistency after first visit, so "gone" character or chest contents don't respawn, area files do indeed fall outside the scope of EEKeeper. But yeah seems easy enough with Near Infinity though.

Thanks for the insight and explanation. I'm not surprised, but glad to have my thoughts confirmed. I'm not too experienced with NI, but perhaps ought to be if I want to mod the game myself.
    Sjerrie
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    edited November 2019
    Apologies if this has been asked earlier:

Is it possible to use EEkeeper to change non-companion NPCs' equipment?

If so, how would one do that?

Edit: I see that people have had issues with the current version where doing so causes program crashes. Is that still a current issue?
    Post edited by BelacRLJ on
    BelacRLJ wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked earlier:

Is it possible to use EEkeeper to change non-companion NPCs' equipment?

If so, how would one do that?

Edit: I see that people have had issues with the current version where doing so causes program crashes. Is that still a current issue?

Yes it is. You have to edit the cre file.

Open the creature browser (6th icon from the left, or use the file drop down menu) then use the filter to find the creature that you want to edit.

(Don't try editing the attributes of the character or the game may crash, at least it did before EE)

You can then edit such things as the inventory. Don't try editing experience level! Don't add containers except that you can for Gorion. After using the filter, you may have to work out which cre file you acually want. In my set-up there are 3 Mendas cre files and several Gorion files.

I have altered the equipment for the assassins in Candlekeep. It puts them on a par with Charname so that they sometimes kill Charname. It also makes the battles worthwhile fighting as the equipment is worth having. However don't give them over-powerful equipment as it will spoil the game.
    Sjerrie
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    Thanks.

What I'm trying to do is equip Amarande with the White Oak shield, so I can loot it and give it to Jaheira. The shield's got to be somewhere in that treehouse for him to give it to Faldorn, right?
    SjerrieWise_Grimwald
  • pgibbspgibbs Member Posts: 12
    Hi all! I'm trying to change an NPC portrain and am getting some weird behavior:

Behavior is that I change the portrait in EE and save -> new portrait not shown in game.

The portrait is valid, I can start a new character with the new portrait, the new portrait shows up in the game in custom portrait selection. The character is Aerie, I have replaced all instances (portrait and override folders) of NAERIEL, NAERIEM, NAERIES with the new versions, all bmp, all relevant pixel sizes, in documents/… folder and in main install folder.

Despite these replacements, EE finds the still recognizes the default Aerie picture as NAERIEL, (M),(S).

So in what file location is EE reading the old default portrait for Aerie? How can I change it?

Other relevant info:
    -Using Big world mod with ~10 mods install
    -Using Windows Bootcamp
    -Beamdog version of install

Let me know if I can help out!
    Thanks!

• pgibbspgibbs Member Posts: 12
    pgibbs wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm trying to change an NPC portrain and am getting some weird behavior:

Behavior is that I change the portrait in EE and save -> new portrait not shown in game.

The portrait is valid, I can start a new character with the new portrait, the new portrait shows up in the game in custom portrait selection. The character is Aerie, I have replaced all instances (portrait and override folders) of NAERIEL, NAERIEM, NAERIES with the new versions, all bmp, all relevant pixel sizes, in documents/… folder and in main install folder.

Despite these replacements, EE finds the still recognizes the default Aerie picture as NAERIEL, (M),(S).

So in what file location is EE reading the old default portrait for Aerie? How can I change it?

Other relevant info:
    -Using Big world mod with ~10 mods install
    -Using Windows Bootcamp
    -Beamdog version of install

Let me know if I can help out!
    Thanks!

Haha solved it! I spammed the image into multiple "portrait" folder in my docments location, I must have missed one because now it appears in game!
    You need to have the game closed when you change portraits etc. They are loaded into the game when you start-up the game.
    Sjerrie
  • famouswolfefamouswolfe Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2020
    Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, or if the answer is buried in the mountain of comments here. Anyone have a guide on how to use EE Keeper via WINE on Linux?? I'm using CrossOver, I created a bottle for EE Keeper however after I launch EE Keeper and attempt to set the installation directory I'm not able to point it to my BGEE Steam folder as it's "hidden" in my home directory (/home/username/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate etc). Any help is appreciated!

Edit:
    I was able to get EE Keeper to detect my game directory by manually typing Z:\ and then the full path, taking care to change forward slashes ( / ) to back slashes ( \ ). My saved game file was also in another "hidden" directory (/home/username/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save), however I copied the saved game folder and put it on my desktop so it was easier to access. My only problem now is that even though I've set the installation directory & saved game folders correctly (even ticking the "use custom save location" box), EE Keeper doesn't display any saved games when I try to load my file :(

Edit 2:
    I was able to achieve the effect I was looking for (grant my new kensai a katana blade or enough gold to buy one from Winthrop) by pre-generating a character, copying the .chr file to my desktop, and editing that file via EE Keeper then moving it back to the appropriate directory (/home/username/.local/share/Baldur's Gate -Enhanced Edition/characters), overwriting the existing .chr file thus allowing me to start a new game with a kensai armed w/ a katana. While this isn't an ideal solution because I'm only able to edit pre-generated characters and not my actual save game files, I figured out how to accomplish what I was trying to. Hope this post helps someone going forward.
    Post edited by famouswolfe on
    SjerrieWise_Grimwald
  • WillowbarkWillowbark Member Posts: 50
    edited February 2020
    I hope this thread isn't dead.

I am trying t use EE Keeper to add the Spectral Brand to my character's inventory. I cannot seem to do it.

I open EE Keeper, select the character, select the inventory slot, and then find the Spectral Brand in the list of items. But then I have no idea what to do next.

Can someone please help me because I'm starting to get quite frustrated with this and I'm not going to spend another two hours gambling with the cambion.

Also, is there a guide to using EE Keeper anywhere? I have trouble using this forum because of the background. It's very hard on the eyes.
    Willowbark wrote: »
    I hope this thread isn't dead.

I am trying t use EE Keeper to add the Spectral Brand to my character's inventory. I cannot seem to do it.

I open EE Keeper, select the character, select the inventory slot, and then find the Spectral Brand in the list of items. But then I have no idea what to do next.

Can someone please help me because I'm starting to get quite frustrated with this and I'm not going to spend another two hours gambling with the cambion.

- Open EEKeeper
    - Open the appropriate savegame, not the .CHR
    - Go to the character you want to add to.
    - Go to the inventory tab.
    - Select the appropriate line. I would recommend an empty inventory position.
    - Click 'change item' (or just double click the line) and find your preferred item.
    - Click 'assign to ...' (or just doubleclick again) and the item should appear in the inventory tab.
    - Save the opened savegame. I would recommend a new save, so you can more easily see if the change "sticks" and go back as necessary.

This should really be all there is to it in your case, @Willowbark .
    Wise_Grimwald
  • XlatocXlatoc Member Posts: 59
    Hello fellow EEKeeper users !

I've been using EEKeeper 1.0.4 extensively on my BGEE steam game so far, to crreate the spell list I want for a Druid, or copying spellbooks between characters. Without any issue.

But yesterday, EEKeeper suddendly decided to crash any time I try to access spells or equipments. I saw that the 1.0.3 could be more stable, so tried this one...not better. I tried with old saves that EEkeeper worked perfectly with, deleted a lot of old saves just in case...but nope...still crashing when I try to add/modify spell or inventory...

Does anyone have a solution for this ? Please...sorry for asking...
    @Xlatoc do you get any error messages at all? Has anything changed in your other software?

If there was an unnoticed update to something basic (Java? VB?) but essential it might mess with functionality, but I am not familiar enough with the inner workings of EEKeeper to say what that might be...
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for answering :)
    I got no error message at all...program just shut down...

OK so after a few days past in game, some objects sold and bought and spells learned...it came back as functionnal...very weird...
    Post edited by Xlatoc on
    Sjerrie
  • neuroghastneuroghast Member Posts: 7
    Hey everyone!

So, I'm on a run with an evil party in BG2EE and my main char is already an assassin, so I thought Hexxat would be a nice monk.

I've managed to make her a Long Death Monk (custom kit). Details below, as maybe this matters:
    • I've made her a human and added the class > back into a vampire > "hard reseting" her level (clearing her xp, proficiencies etc) made the game crash, so I've manually added her kit abilities, removed other etc
    • AFAIK she's 100% accurate as a monk (number of attacks, etc), but I'm verifying and adjusting
    • Her avatar is a human monk female, no bugs or errors with that

(I know this isn't the best way to do it, but making Hexxat a lv 0 character to have her level up in game CTDs).

Everything is fine except her fists won't count as magical weapons. Right now she's at level 11 and would have +2 fists. Her character sheet shows unarmed strike +2, but in practice it won't work.
    This link have a print screen of her character screen and an example of her fists being useless as magic weapons.

What I've tested so far:
    • Vanilla monk isn't any better
    • I've made my main char a monk as a test and it ended up with the same result, so maybe is something with adding the class via EE: Keeper. In his case I did everything according to this post (second reply). Making any monk a lv0 character to level up in-game makes it CTD when opening their inventory or character screen. So I put him as a lv1 monk and assigned the abilities. Even then, it didn't work.
    • I've added the class abilities/effects in the appropriate tab and it didn't worked.

Any hint on what I can do?

P.S. When I started I thought the error was due to have a vampire with a class that's unfit for the race. That's why I changed her race to a human back then. After tests with my main character, who is a human, I'd say the problem is having a lv0 monk.
    Xlatoc wrote: »

OK so after a few days past in game, some objects sold and bought and spells learned...it came back as functionnal...very weird...

Maybe, at the time of the crash, you had an item in your inventory that EEKeeper for some reason couldn't process, and it started working again after you sold it. Glad you're back on track at least. :smile:
    @neuroghast have you tried making a new character, one of those monks, leveling it up to exactly Hexxat's level and use EEKeeper to compare the two?

Probably easier and "cleaner" than changing your assassin for comparison. ;)
  • neuroghastneuroghast Member Posts: 7
    @Sjerrie good suggestion. I've tried it with this custom kit and the basic monk class and the result was the same, as you can see in this screenshots.

It seems my game is broken :(
    edited March 2020
    Sjerrie wrote: »
    Xlatoc wrote: »

Maybe, at the time of the crash, you had an item in your inventory that EEKeeper for some reason couldn't process, and it started working again after you sold it. Glad you're back on track at least. :smile:

Well it started crashing again...I will try get rid of all my items...

Did not work... :'(
  • BGMattBGMatt Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2020
    Hi everyone, I'm trying to change the "hard coded" character colours using EEKeeper and have had some success, but have got stuck with how to format the "RGB Colour" entry. I tried to follow the directions in this post for the RGB value but honestly the calculation just doesn't make sense to me. Using the example RGB # from that post and these settings (+ a duplicated version with location #5):
    8cy9ewpg6ete.png
    I get:
    05dwpgt5p9ue.png

Which is a change from the default trim of gold, so a partial success...but I still can't choose an RGB that I want because the calculation is hard to decipher. Has anyone managed to do this, or understands the calculation able to explain it better?
  • BGMattBGMatt Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2020
    So I played with it a bit more and I have a bit of a better understanding of what is going on, but I'm still stuck. Firstly, it's not clear what change is going to result from RGB you enter. I guess it's a bit more complicated than setting the RGB value, it's more like a kind of paintbrush mode (burn, addition, etc)...though I'm not sure which.

What I can understand is that if the sum of the RGB value is less than 2147483647 (i.e. maximum value for a 32-bit signed binary integer) then it works fine, but this limits us to a colours that only use R and G values, and B values less than 128. As soon as the B value increases above 128 then the total RGB value exceeds 2147483647, and EEKeeper will automatically overwrite it with 2147483647.

This is where I get stuck (and Troodon80's instructions confuse me). Obviously some kind of conversion is required to change the positive integer that exceeds 2147483647 into a negative integer that is acceptable. My problem is that I'm not a programmer and my Google efforts have been unsuccessful to figure out what calculation is being performed to rectify integers larger than 2147483647. My first assumption was that the Troodon80 was subtracting (2147483647 + 1) from the integer repeatedly until it fell within the range of +/-2147483647, but I tried that with a few example and it definitely wasn't right.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The number there is a 24-bit signed integer, represented using the Two's Complement method and converted to decimal.

Adding together the values derived from the red, green, and blue numbers would generate a number between 0 and 2^24 - 1 (inclusive). If it's in the upper half of that range, we need to subtract 2^24 to get the right representation.
  • MakraStefanMakraStefan Member Posts: 3
    Hello bhaalspawns! Is there a way to make multiple shortcuts for different profiles?
    Hello bhaalspawns! Is there a way to make multiple shortcuts for different profiles?

What kind of shortcut and what kind of profile do you mean? If game profiles, I currently have 7 for different games and for modded installs, under 'Settings' -> 'Installation directory'.