Skip to content

[mod] Yoshimo Romance

2»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    It's best o wait for the talk that starts with this line: "Isn't the time right to follow the trace of the beast, who took Imoen? Much time has passed, and she may be in danger. As I told you, Irenicus is unpredictable – it would be tragic to find out we were too late."

Yoshimo Romance in general is a bit different to many other romances. It's much more bittersweet - I bolded bitter for a reason. I hope that next time you'll use the mod it will be a bit smoother.
    Fina92
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "Bittersweet," "Pure evil," pretty much the same thing. ;)
    Chicken7023
  • Skull_BearerSkull_Bearer Member Posts: 71
    What would be the best party composition to get the most out of this mod?
    Mmm, it doesn't matter. Just compose a team you want and it's best to join Imoen once his original SoA plot happens and he is no longer available. Remember that everything from the original game still happens, but there are new things that kick in later if you two had a more meaningful relationship. Plus there are few talks with Imoen about you and Yoshi.
    I just finished the mod and it really did break my heart. One question though,
    would it not be possible for a bhaalspawn who chose godhood to at least make sure Yoshimo's soul is free?
    I'm not sure that's possible. Their paths are no longer the same and I think that would make Yoshimo's choices and burdens less significant. I'll think about it, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I kinda hope that even though you find it hard and sad, you found the story interesting and also touching in a good way :)

Cheers!
    edited August 2021
    I guess my take on bittersweet is having still some hope to it. Even if it's a tragedy in the end, there's still a little bit of light there. I did really enjoy the story and it hurt in a good way, but I did feel very helpless. Being able to make some final gesture, even if it still ended with them separated, would have made the journey a bit more poignant, I think? I know it's yours and it's an amazing piece of work, but I wanted to put in my thoughts.
    But regardless, thank you so much for the mod. That it's gotten me so worked up is a testament to your writing skills :)
    LavaDelVortel
    @Skull_Bearer - this time it's about Yoshimo saying the final thing:
    he comes to you at the very end to say that it all mattered and that no matter what choice you make next, he is happy that you have a choice - his story was already finished, but your story remains and you are the one to write it. I think he is actually at peace now, seeing that you survived.
    Both in the game and in life there are some parts of our life we can't change. We have to accept things as they are as we may never have the resources to make things better. You do not have resources to help Yoshimo and you won't be able to do that, but he does not expect that from you. He expects you to take another step. And then another. And solely that makes him happy that he had a chance to be next to you, even if all of this started as a job.
    Also, you meet with him in the Pocket Plane just before the final battle, right? Well... The next thing that happens is its destruction so... he's not bound to that place forever. He received his end. It is a kind of freedom, way better than being caged for eternity.
    I am unsure which epilogue you got. There are 3 of them, 1 is like when you failed everything and 2 of them depend on what you told Kagetori in ToB.

Anyway, thank you for your kind words! :)
    edited August 2021
    I got the one where
    Yoshimo says he's still trapped in the abyss, but is going to rest now and maybe one day move on. It kinda broke my heart because I did at least want to know he was at peace with Illmater.
    Was there another option?
    Post edited by Skull_Bearer on
    You may need to tell me where and how that talk happened, it's been a while, and I'll let you know if there is something else or more. Did you finish ToB to the very end?
    Yes, that was the very last talk.
    Okay, so yeah:
    he stays there, but he accepted what happened
    My question was: did you get the epilogue for him, because there should be one :)
    did you meet Kagetori, his brother? If yes, what did you tell him about Yoshimo? That he betrayed you or that he died but he was a good man (something like he was more a victim, than the traitor)? that line decides which epilogue you get
    If you want to see an alternative mod, where he may pay for his doings and receive a different kind of forgiveness/peace, try Yoshimo's Remorse :) A different mods I wrote along with @jmaeq :) It's like an alternative story to Yoshimo's Romance :)
    I did get the
    forgiveness ending then
    I will try out your new mod, definitely. I don't suppose there's a romance in that mod too? I love it so much in this one.
    Nope, sorry! :) Remorse does not include romance. However, you get an option to tell him that you liked him that way, but never told him that before. So you can discuss such feelings, but it's not a romance.

Remorse is ToB-only, so feel free to install the mod and just start a new ToB game to enjoy an alternative story of Yoshimo, the bounty hunter.
    Sounds good! Do you have a discord server for your mods?
    Nope, only a forum:
    https://www.weaselmods.net/
    I already spend too much time on the forums, so I suppose having a separate Discord now would be a bit overwhelming too much for me right now :) I need to know when to take a break and not have it with me all the time :)
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I've just finished a SoA and ToB runthrough with this mod. Ahhh - such bittersweet wonderfulness. I really enjoyed this - especially as it was much more about dialogue, role playing and a really believable romance than just new things to hit. As per usual the dialogue was engaging and believable and the sadness of the storyline fits in very well with the general mood and tone of the overall game. Well done!
    Thank you! :) Yoshimo Romance has a special place in my heart, and yeah... it's quite bittersweet. Maybe that's why I am happy with how I wrote this :)