Skip to content

Game Portraits

DeuterogenesisDeuterogenesis Member Posts: 8
edited June 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
Update2: Greetings mercenaries. Here are some new portraits, I hope you like them. I would like to thank @Greener for his inspirational scripts behind the first two portraits on the top left, I would definetely recommend checking him and his mods out. I will keep producing more portraits, feel free to stay tuned, you may also find them on my website / ArtStation / Instagram (Heva Degenesis). Fare thee well, young ones!

xc1vjf2usbg3.png

i4971p5axnvc.png
Update: From what I understood (pardon me oh ever-vigilant Helm, for I am a noob), I can update the same thread I was using previously. Thank you for your help on that matter, this forum is full of friendly users.
So, here we are: new portraits added to the old ones. I will keep updating the thread, as long as I manage to do more. Safe travels!

Originally:
Hello, I am a Game Art student and I am starting a project painting personalised fan art portraits for Baldur's Gate II (possibly Baldur's Gate III, in case we players might be able to add our own, as we used to in BG1 and 2). I wanted to capture the essence of Baldur's Gate II portraits, to be precise. I noticed most players seem to prefer the style of the original BG1 portraits, but I am a huge fan of the slightly more cartoonish ones you can find in BG2 (Jaheira, Viconia, Aerie, Keldorn, Anomen, etc.). I had once found the name of the amazing artist creating BG2 original portraits, but I forgot his name, much to my shame. If anybody here remembers this information, it would be great!
Edit: it was the one and only Mike Sass!
Post edited by Deuterogenesis on
AciferAerakarArviaenergisedcamelLavaDelVortelJuliusBorisovGraionDilachtl1942DavideThacoBellSharGuidesMyHandIseweinBlackravenStummvonBordwehrbonewhiteglorySanctiferGusinda

Comments

• DeuterogenesisDeuterogenesis Member Posts: 8
    Acifer wrote: »
    These portraits look amazing! You capture the style and look of the original portraits perfectly. Can’t wait to see them in game.
    The artist who created the original portraits is Mike Sass:
    sassart.com/

Thank you so much, I have been looking for him for ages!
    Acifer
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    @Deuterogenesis - thought I would let you know they look amazing!
    DeuterogenesisJuliusBorisovArvia
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Moved to the intended section.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    These look great - is that supposed to be a Svirfneblin on the left? And I agree, Mike Sass' work has always been the standard for BG (Jaheira aside, who looked much better in BG1). I think Enkida's Portrait Pack comes close to matching the style for some mod NPCs too. It would be great if the community could come together to commission you for BG2-style portraits for some mod NPCs that lack them as of yet. It's always nice to have artistic consistency in the game.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    Great portraits!
    AerakarDeuterogenesis
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    PS: Check out her artstation, everyone! To this day I never knew ClassicalPunk was a style and I absolutely adore it. https://www.artstation.com/hevafagnano
    Aerakartl1942
  • DeuterogenesisDeuterogenesis Member Posts: 8
    Isewein wrote: »
    These look great - is that supposed to be a Svirfneblin on the left? And I agree, Mike Sass' work has always been the standard for BG (Jaheira aside, who looked much better in BG1). I think Enkida's Portrait Pack comes close to matching the style for some mod NPCs too. It would be great if the community could come together to commission you for BG2-style portraits for some mod NPCs that lack them as of yet. It's always nice to have artistic consistency in the game.

I wish I could, and thank you so much for your comments. Including the one on Classicalpunk. It actually isn't a well known style, it had no name before I decided to experiment with it. I called it "Classicalpunk" myself. A bit cheeky! Thanks again and I am about to post a collection of some more portraits in the BGIIMods section.
    tl1942