Skip to content

Today was the first time I ...

123457»

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Today was the first time I saw the moment in the animation of an enemy dying when their armour falls off. It turns out you literally knock their legs from under them and their feet stick up in the air as they hit the ground and lose their armour.

gs5i4s6wfzbg.png
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarThacoBellZaghoul
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yesterday was the first time one of my parties defeated Tahazzar in a single go without having to (ab)use the portals. I was honestly a bit surprised, since Ka'rashur's party required a few exits to heal and rest. I think a big part of it was Jaheira managed to summon some werebears to distract attention, but Isra and Sirene managed to fillet Tahazzar pretty quickly. Sirene has Carsomyr and Isra has Purifier, so they were definitely properly equipped. Prebuffing pretty much just consisted of Remove Fear and a few potions.

Once there was a bit of a break, Imoen and my PC started summoning elementals to help with the cleanup. The only hitch was that those stupid quasits took forever to finally kill. They kept popping in and out so fast nothing could land a hit half the time.

The Wraith Demon, on the other hand... Jeez I hate that room. Thank the gods that Jaheira had Harper's Call and Heal memorized.
    Permidion_StarkAerakarStummvonBordwehr
    jmerry wrote: »
    It's remarkable how often "charm enemy, pickpocket plot token" is viable. Including that one spider in Landrin's home.

Does that mean you can get the spider's body by pickpocketing it? That's a pretty cool trick.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Exactly. If you want to reproduce this yourself, the spider with the body is the one that starts second from the left.

Landrin's dialogue when you turn it in talks about the other spiders leaving now that the big one is dead. If only she knew ...
    Permidion_StarkStummvonBordwehrAerakarsarevok57
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    It's remarkable how often "charm enemy, pickpocket plot token" is viable. Including that one spider in Landrin's home.

Does that mean you can get the spider's body by pickpocketing it? That's a pretty cool trick.

Makes me wonder if you can pickpocket Neb's head. Now that would be the epitome of pickpocket skills!
    StummvonBordwehrPermidion_StarkAerakarZaxares
    edited October 2021
    Balrog99 wrote: »

Makes me wonder if you can pickpocket Neb's head. Now that would be the epitome of pickpocket skills!

I've got an idea that in original BG1 you could pickpocket bandits' scalps (but that might be another thing I am misremembering).
    Balrog99
    Pickpocketing bandit scalps ... not in current BGEE. They have the "can't steal" flag set, systematically. I wouldn't be surprised if that flag didn't exist in the original.

Neb's head is in the body armor slot, which can't be stolen from.
    Aerakar
    Today, for the first time ... I sided with Bodhi in SoA chapter 3. After all, four of my party members (Anomen, Dorn, Hexxat, Korgan) approved and the other two were silent (Edwin, Viconia).

(Part of my current run "Dorn It", in which Dorn is the protagonist. I'll be posting it starting tomorrow (March 15). Well, posting the BG1 part. I'm still playing the BG2 part, of course.

This is a minimally modded run; I'm only using my personal tweaks.
    Today was the first time that I noticed that Jopi (the guy who approaches you the first time you enter the Friendly Arm Inn) says that his grumpy uncle Ragefast used to cast Barkskin on him when he was a kid. Ragefast is a mage and Barkskin is a priest spell so how did he manage to do it?
    p6f656bvc2dq.png
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Good catch @Permidion_Stark