Skip to content

Which mod puts an astral phase spider in a cave near the temple of Beregost?

MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
Not sure which mod is responsible for that, but wowzers. I was totally not expecting to run into anything like that there. It was wiping out party members faster than I could heal them.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Northern Tales of the Sword Coast?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2021
    NTotSC adds a cave into the Beregost Temple area. If you are talking about a new cave as well, it's probably NTotSC.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I think it is NTotSC. I removed the mod from my set up after the first time I played it because the game balance seemed off to me. Plus the encounter seemed to have been situated far too close to civilisation to be credible.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Yup, that would be a powerful enemy in Amn, where you are much higher level. To run into one east of Beregost, within short walking distance of a temple of Lathander, seems a bit off. However, my complaint isn't so much that it was a difficult encounter as it was an encounter you can't escape by running. Had this been a no-reload run, it would have been curtains.

In fairness, my game is set to allow enemies to follow through doors, so setting that to false would have "fixed" the issue (at the cost of realism). My suggestion would be for the dude that is running when you get near the cave to give you a bit more of a warning. Otherwise, I actually like the idea of areas in the sword coast where your low-level party shouldn't go. It gives you a reason to go back.

• QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    I happened upon this cave east of the Song of the Morning Temple yesterday, without realizing it was mod-added content and needless to say, the mix of astral phase spiders, sword spiders, wraith spiders and vampiric wolves (on HC difficulty, with both SCS and MiH) ended my no-reload run. My lvl 3 party put up a brave fight, but in the end the repeated poisonings and level drains were just too much.

It is a bit brutal an encounter for what is essentially a low level area close to civilization. The problem is there is no build-up and no way to scout ahead, as the spiders will be upon you instantly when entering that cave.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Do you mean in Mutamin's Garden? I know that Mutamin's Garden has an extended cave dungeon from Shades of the Sword Coast
  • QuesterQuester Member Posts: 23
    No, I mean in the same area as the one the Song of the Morning Temple is in.
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    It's definitely from Northern Tales of the Sword Coast.