Skip to content

[MOD] Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    jastey wrote: »
    @Raduziel My SoD playthrough is on hold. This update is something I had on my HD for several weeks.

So there is hope.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited August 2019
    Hi @jastey ,

I've got a couple small tweak suggestions.

At the beginning of SoD, when you confirm you are ready to leave Baldur's Gate and march toward Dragonspear Castle, a cutscene starts with a Flaming Fist officer shouting "Forward march!"

While the words are certainly fit for purpose, the sound clip itself is from the hobgoblin sound set and sound rather off from a human mercenary / law enforcer.

A more suitable clip would be from the paladin-like male player character sound set, where it says "Onward!" The voice is distinctly human, it has an authoritative and/or righteous ring to it, and it's also appropriate for starting the march.

You could swap the sound clip reference and change the dialog string so that it matches.

Another thing worth looking into is music tracks in Baldur's Gate. From the Let's Play I'm watching, it seems like Exploring The Plains plays within the Ducal Palace, which sounds rather off. It would be nice, at least within the Baldur's Gate areas at the beginning of the game, to ensure they play back the track that was assigned to them in the original game (in this regard, watch out for this bug in the Enhanced Edition; the original Baldur's Gate would offer a more accurate frame of reference for what tracks should be playing in what areas.)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Sorry for the late reply @AndreaColombo. I'd be open for tweaks to add them if they come coded, but I fear I will not make them myself. Still, thanks for the suggestions!
    AndreaColomboAcifer
    edited December 2019
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @jastey
    It's great to see more options for the ending of SoD. For me it is one of the weakest and most frustrating sections of the series so the work you are doing on it is much appreciated.
    jastey
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    this mod is slowly fixing sod issues. just need to figure out a way to change the way banters work as the triggers are wonky.
    @megamike15 do you mean NPC-NPC banters, and what do you mean by wonky triggers?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    jastey wrote: »
    @megamike15 do you mean NPC-NPC banters, and what do you mean by wonky triggers?

sometimes the banters don't fire despite walking all over the map. as they are effected by map triggers in sod not timers.
    edited April 2021
    @megamike15 every area trigger is for ~2 NPC/NPC banter, depending on the NPCs in group. Unless you know exactly which ones are suposed to trigger where, it might also just be that the NPCs didn't have anyone to talk to or weren't in teh group / the "wrong" NPCs were in the group for the trigger in that area.
    EDIT which of course, could also be called a kind of wonky since one would like to see as many banters as possible.
    Unfortunately, changing the triggers to a timer based concept (as one option) is not that easy, I think, but I haven't looked at it thoroughly yet.
    megamike15
    The mod updates to v5.1. The Russian version is now completed with the new lines from v5, thank you yota13 for the translation!

Changelog:
    -completed Russian version (with new lines from v5), by yota13
    StummvonBordwehrhook71
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited August 2021
    I just finished my first SoD game with this, and it was fantastic. Great work! The only thing that took me a moment was realizing that I needed to have my PC talk to Imoen to trigger the ending - as they wandered the whole mini-map for a moment.

All in all, great work. This really makes the transition between SoD and SoA so much better. It feels more like a chapter switch than a game switch.
    Permidion_StarkjasteyStummvonBordwehr
    @Maurvir thank you for the kind words! Do you refer to the Revised SoD Ending? And Imoen at the sewer exit? If yes I whould have a look at her script again, it's not meant that she doesn't initiate dialogue like in the original. Thank you for the feedback!
    Oh, Imoen found my PC just fine, even though she was invisible. I guess she really knows her sister's footsteps! For some reason, on my first playthrough, I found the party just standing there. I think it was because I chose an option that let me manually reconstitute the party by talking to Jaheira and Dynaheir.

On the second play, where I was testing, I simply told her I was ready to go, and it went off fine.

As for preferring it, yes. I vastly prefer the revised ending to the original - and I really like that you added back the unwinnable fight. They actually took out a few of the bad guys before succumbing, but it really added a lot to the experience.
    jasteyStummvonBordwehrPermidion_Stark
    edited August 2021
    @Maurvir thanks! For the restoration of the end fight, all the work was already done by @swit (aka k4thos) for EET, I just adapted his work to BG:SoD. EDIT: in case you were playing EET then that's the original EET content as the fight is restored in EET on default. My Tweakpack does the same for BG:SoD.

(I was asking whether your comment was referring to the revised ending, but hearing you preferred it makes me very happy indeed.) :)
    StummvonBordwehrPermidion_Stark
    Yes, this was an EET run. I didn't realize that EET had added that back, but I'm glad they did. It was a much more satisfying ending than the original. I can't imagine a party at this level just dozing off and taking a nap when they know there is danger.

The mod updates to v7.2 with proofreadings of German veryion by Shai Hulud!

Players of the German version please note: The German version is consistent to the fan-made "Deutsche Übersetzung für SoD". This means, that names and terms could differ from the official German version shipped with the game. Install "Deutsche Übersetzung für SoD" for a consistent game experience.

Changelog:

-German version: Proofread by Shai-Hulud.
    The mod updates to v8.2 with a French version by JohnBob, proofread by Machiavélique!

Changelog v8:
    -French version added, by JohnBob.

Changelog v8.1:
    -French version proofread by Machiavélique.
    The mod updates to v9.

Changelog:

-new reply options ("More Dialogue Choices & Prevent Dead Ends").
    -imoen should initiate correct dialogue when Korlasz' Dungeon was cleared by helpers ("Skip Korlasz's Dungeon").
    edited June 2022
    The new version still needs two lines translated to French and Russian. See here for more info.

EDIT: translations are complete.
    Post edited by jastey on
    The mod updates to v9.1 with completed Russian version.

Changelog:

-Russian version completed, by yota13.
    And to 9.2 with completed French version.

Thank you yota13 and JohnBob for the Russian and French translations!

Changelog 9.2:

-French version completed, by JohnBob.
    he Tweakpack updates to v10!

The new texts need translations.

Changelog:

-more reply options with officers in bd3000.
    -deactivate Story Mode for the endscene fight component.

The mod updates to v10.2 with a fix to support for Project Infinity: Some components were missing LABELs.

Changelog:

-All components should have LABELs.
    Jastey's SoD Tweaks update to v11, with a Polish version by GoForTheEyes! Thank you very much for the translation!

Changelog:

-Polish version added, by GoForTheEyes.
    New version is up, with updated Russian translation by Ulpian.

Changelog:

-Russian version revised, by Ulpian.
    Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack updates to v12 with a Spanish version by ElGamerViejuno! Thank you for the translation!

Changelog:

-Spanish version added, by ElGamerViejuno.
    Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack updates to v12.1 with a fix!

Changelog:

- Fixed bug due to doubled patch code for bdrom03.bcs ("Do Not Miss NPC-PC Dialogues").