Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack

jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,034
edited April 30 in BG:EE Mods
Jastey's Tweaks for SoD and EET (and BGT)

This tweak pack is mainly meant for the SoD part of BG:EE (except for the last component which introduces Imoen's SoD portrait into BGII).
It deals with some tweaks that I found useful for my own game.

Please note: although labelled version 1, this is a beta version as I didn't test all tweaks in the full campaign yet.
Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

The description is a shortened version of what is written in the readme. Please refer to the readme to see the full notes concerning the tweaks' impact on the game.

1. Ending Independent on PC Replies
-----------------------------------
This component prevents the "assassin escape" ending to trigger if the deeds of the PC qualify for the "ducal release" ending, independent on whether the PC lists all of his/her deeds at the final hearing. This is also for players who don't want to click through more reply options than necessary.

2./3. Do Not Miss NPC-PC Dialogues
This component deals with the way the lovetalks are triggered in SoD, where they are not timered via time but triggered by area regions when the PC steps on them while the NPC is in the group.
If one is missed, the following dialogues will not trigger, either. (Exception for Glint where the first dialogue can trigger in three areas).

This means that the player is forced to visit the whole area with the PC as the lovetalks will not be activated by another NPC if he/she is used to scout the area. Plus, the respective NPC has to be in the party in this moment, or the lovetalks will not trigger. This can lead to the situation that swapping around the NPCs along the campaign in the expectation to see as *much* dialogues as possible, the player might end up seeing *none* (as it happened to me).
This component has two install options:

2. For NPCs in Party Only
------
This changes the trigger of the lovetalk activations from "Player1" to something more general, so that they are also activated by the presence of any party NPC and not the PC, only. This component does not change the fact that the dialogues are only activated if the according NPC is in the party at the time.

3. Activate All NPC-PC Dialogues Always
------
With this component, the romanceable NPCs do not have to be in the group in specific areas for the romance dialogues to be activated. If a romance dialogue was supposed to trigger in an area, it will be triggered later as soon as the NPC rejoins the group. Also, it is sufficient that any party NPC steps on the area trigger. Only exception: When going into the portal in Dragon Spear Castle, the romancing NPC has to be in the group to give the final pep lovetalk.

NPCs not in party with new dialogue will show a textline once if the PC is close to them, indicating that a new dialogue can be experienced if the NPC rejoins the party. Thus, if you want to check whether NPCs not in party have new romance dialogues, just let the PC pass them nearby to see the text line.

4. Skip Korlasz's Dungeon
This component adds a non-4th wall breaking possibility to skip the dungeon and head right on to the Ducal Palace. As soon as Imoen finished her introduction to Korlasz' Dungeon, Arkanis from Candlekeep (or, in case he's dead Biff the Understudy!) will approach the PC and offer to do it instead.
The PC can accept either with the request of Korlasz being killed or spared, or can tell Arkanis/Bill to wait. If told to wait, Arkanis/Bill will remain at the dungeon's entrance and the player can play on as normal and ask him again later. Once the help is accepted, the original game's transition to the Ducal Palace will trigger including Imoen's dialogue about "it's finally over". All useful items from the dungeon will be transferred to the bedside table in the PC's quarters in the Ducal Palace. There will be no gold transferred.

5. More Dialogue Choices & Prevent Dead Ends
This component either adds more reply options or dialogue lines of quest characters to either prevent the player to miss that *one* possibility to ask for something quest relevant or to prevent the PC to have to say something out-of character to be able to proceed with a quest.
The component tries to preserve the original game ideas: e.g. if an information could only be received by bullying someone in the original game, added reply options will still reflect this while giving the possibility to proceed without having to act like a total brute.

So far, the following instances are considered:

-in Ducal Palace Dungeon: the PC will have more reply options that will lead to quest relevant information about the other prisoner

-For the "Traitors in Camp" quest, Miszena doesn't need to be bullied with the brutal physical threats needed currently to provide the needed information.

6. Use Imoen's SoD Portrait for BGII in EET&BGT
This component will change Imoen's portrait to the SoD one at the beginning of BGII. The component is only compatible with BGT and EET. It will also change the portrait for a newly started BGII game in BGT or EET, though.

Download Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack

Post edited by jastey on
ThacoBellStefanOPermidion_StarkStummvonBordwehrGusindaAstroBryGuyMantis37EekanImpSssiksseilorJuliusBorisovmegamike15ZaghoulMirandelAerakarLavaDelVortelVasculioAaeightRaduzielIseweinelminster

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,081
    @jastey

Thank you for this. It sounds like a great set of Tweaks. I love the idea of Biff the Understudy offering to clear a dungeon for you (I might have to get Arkanis killed on my next playthrough just so I can experience this). And anything that speeds up the trial at the end has got to be good.

Now if only there was a way of getting Biff the Understudy framed for the murder of Skie so I could skip the end completely . . .

Grond0
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,081
    @jastey
    That's definitely a mod that needs to be made. It could be part of a series where Biff takes over the unpopular parts of the trilogy: Biff does Firewine Bridge, Biff does the Thieves' Maze, Biff does Throne of Bhaal.

I think there's a market for this!

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 1,034
    edited November 2018
    There was a joke mod once with a name like "Game be Gone" (I think it was by SConrad but that is just a wild guess) which - taDAH - made you skipp the whole game.
    The most hilarious part, though, was the one poor player who literally complained that he got the end screen right after starting the game. (If there is a fitting moment for a "RTFM" smiley it's this, I think.)

--
    Just one comment to the "Skip Korlasz' Dungeon" Tweak: I developped this by no means because it would annoy me so much, but because I needed to skip it quickly for testing purposes (like, several times in a row). From there, it was a small step to make it a useful tweak, along the "Skip Ireniuc Dungeon" tradition.
    The idea with Arkanis taking over the work was from @LavaDelVortel, the code for transferring all the items from the dungeon into a container at the Duchal Palace is from @argent77's "Skip Chateau Ireniucs" mod. Thank you both for the great help!

Permidion_StarkMirandelJuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,358
    edited November 2018
    Game-Be-Gone was from @igi. :) However, Sebastian was behind the Worship the Unseeing Eye mod that blinded, then killed, the PC if you agreed to join the cult.

JuliusBorisovIsewein
    Ah, right! Thank you for the info and correction @CamDawg!

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 428
    Will this work for the 2.6 patch when it comes out. I wanna try it :D

That question I'll be able to answer then, I'm afraid. Is there any announcement for the patch so far?

Vasculio
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 428
    Nothing at the momment.

The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is moving forward according to plan.
    2.6 will be released along with the Dice, Camera, Action! Voice and Portrait Pack. We’re just finishing up the DCA! portraits, and the community won portraits are on the to-do list. It takes quite a while to make a good quality portrait, and we want to respect the quality of the original games.

JuliusBorisov
    Thanks! I'm all for more patches and bug fixes, and we'll see what the 2.6 patch will bring.

VasculioJuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,283
    Good job!

A request/question, if I may:

Can you add a component to change the outcome of the Bridgefort battle?

I felt very frustrated when I saw the Flaming Fist charging in instead of letting me deal with the whole camp myself. And today I've discovered that I'm not the only one.

I was able to kill the mages and Barghest on my own, but more than that I had to share my glory with a bunch of NPCs.

Thanks in advance :)

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 1,466
    making khalid immortal during that part would also be helpful. so he does not randomly die during the battle and no one notices until it's to late.

I only add tweaks I want to have myself, so let's see once I'll come to that part of the game in my current playthrough. :)

Raduziel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,283
    jastey wrote: »
    I only add tweaks I want to have myself, so let's see once I'll come to that part of the game in my current playthrough. :)

I hope you get extremely frustrated with this part of the game.

Fingers crossed! <3

Haha

edited April 23
    Hey! What can I say, I hope I don't. I understand what you mean, though (I meant I got the joke). :D

Raduziel
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 53
    Thank you so much for implementing these dialogue tweaks for the notorious rotaters such as myself!

edited May 23
    Thank you for the kind words! Which version did you install and does it work as it should (because I never really played a full runthrough with the tweakpack)?

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 53
    I just saw it published and wanted to leave some acknowledgment considering how few active modders are still around! I'm too busy at work these days to embark on another playthrough, but will certainly do so come autumn and am planning to finally use EET then. Sorry for the confusion!

Ah, no problem! Thank you for your interest in the tweak pack!