Skip to content

[MOD] "BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB"

Comments

• Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    marcnivar wrote: »
    Just to report, I noticed that when Xzar, Montaron, Coran and Safana joins at 250000 exp, they do not have any weapon proficiency. Possibly not only them.
    Unfortunately, I am not very good at character settings and so far they are largely left as it was done by the original author of the mod. I don’t quite understand if the amount of experience matters, but I can say that all these NPCs have default weapon skills - for example, Coran has Bow proficiency skill 3 anyway, and Small Sword proficiency 2. You you can verify this by opening the files of these characters (7Xcre63.cre, for example) in Near Infinity. But in the game itself on the character's screen, for some reason I do not see these abilities. I will try to install the proficiency data via opcodes and check what changes from this.
    Revenge of the Water Demons
    I just installed this component and checked - there is no such error, everything is working correctly, the sahuagins are attacking. The problem is possibly some other mod causing a conflict.
    What other mods do you have installed?
    What version of the mod are you using?
    When exactly does this error occur (did the main sahuagin start a dialogue after they appeared)?

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited January 2022
    How do you handle the intermod dialog with TDD if TDDz is installed where TDDz removes the new NPCs from TDD?
    Endarire wrote: »
    How do you handle the intermod dialog with TDD if TDDz is installed where TDDz removes the new NPCs from TDD?

When installing TDDz (which is the EE-version of the TDD mod), these parallel NPCs (Shar-Teel etc) are simply not installed, the TDDz installer does not process them. They will not be in the game on the EE version, they are only in the TDD version for the "classic" (non-EE) game.

And when installed on the "classic" (non-EE) version of the TDD, and then this mod, these parallel versions of the NPCs will be simply removed so that two identical NPCs do not appear in the game.

Thus, when installing the "BG1 NPCs in SoA&ToB" mod on top of the TDD or TDDz, the NPC versions from Smiling Imp (which have more text and content) will always be installed, there will be no conflicts.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    I'm just curious about something mentioned by a minor NPC in the Water Garden-
    An astronomer in Government District...Is this actually a crossmod reference to Lava's MOD (I Shall Never Forget)?
    I'm just curious about something mentioned by a minor NPC in the Water Garden-
    An astronomer in Government District...Is this actually a crossmod reference to Lava's MOD (I Shall Never Forget)?

Hello! Yes it is! :) ISNF mod was released in 2012, and this mod (in particular, the Water Gardens area) was created later and therefore contains several small references to other mods (as "easter eggs").
    By the way, Lava Del'Vortel is mentioned in the readme file in the "Thanks" section - he helped Smiling Imp on some issues in the creation of Water Gardens.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    It is interesting to see some unexpected crossmod reference :)
    I suddenly realized that Shar-Teel was not involved in the battles in the arena in the Underdark at all. Although, knowing her character, she would certainly have participated. I'm thinking of adding some kind of battle to her (already after the player himself has completed standard battles).
    No one has any idea who she could fight there and what to say about it?
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    Austin87 wrote: »
    I suddenly realized that Shar-Teel was not involved in the battles in the arena in the Underdark at all. Although, knowing her character, she would certainly have participated. I'm thinking of adding some kind of battle to her (already after the player himself has completed standard battles).
    No one has any idea who she could fight there and what to say about it?

Drow society presents a unique problem for Shar Teel, in that picking fights with males is hard because they defer to females. Keeping it small, you could let her fight Lasaonar and get the party into some trouble with Chalinthra & her house by killing him instead of accepting his surrender
    edited January 2022
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »
    Drow society presents a unique problem for Shar Teel, in that picking fights with males is hard because they defer to females. Keeping it small, you could let her fight Lasaonar and get the party into some trouble with Chalinthra & her house by killing him instead of accepting his surrender
    Thanks! I'll think about it. Perhaps then it is worth doing a fight with a female warrior?
    P.S. In the meantime, I am preparing a new update of this mod, it will be ready soon :)

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so if the npcs get skipped due to having the stand alones do they still get the quests from this mod or is that also skipped over?
    edited January 2022
    megamike15 wrote: »
    so if the npcs get skipped due to having the stand alones do they still get the quests from this mod or is that also skipped over?

In this case, these NPCs will be completely skipped here, including quests, If these quests are related to these NPCs, and only stand alones versions will be in the game. The fact is that each mod uses a unique script name for the NPC
    UPDATED!
    New version - 13.3!
    https://dropbox.com/s/yv908ntqfji7kx6/BG1NPC%20SoAToB_v13.3.rar?dl=0 (temporary link before updating on the server)

ADDED NEW CONTENT (Texts by Austin, Ulpian, English proofreading and edits - sarevok57):
    • New banter Safana-Rasaad
    • New banter Safana-Keldorn
    • New banter Montaron-Mazzy
    • New banter Montaron-Rasaad
    • Many new interjections to SoA and ToB dialogues for Tiax, Montaron, Xzar, Deekin, Shar-Teel and new interjection for Quayle and Kagain

IMPROVED:
    • The " Gnomes in the City: Quayle & Tiax" component is now installed by default WITHOUT the extended circus quest! Since many players found the extended circus too difficult, it is now optionally installed. In addition, two variants of this subcomponent are available: with normal difficulty and extreme difficulty (which was previously)
    • Improved some texts
    • Fixed errors in the code and bugs
    • Added more voice acting for Tiax and Xzar
    • Fixed the size of Deekin's portrait on the EE version of the game
    edited February 2022
    UPDATED!
    New version - 13.4!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cucy4mci3nrza7z/BG1NPC%20SoAToB_v13.4.rar?dl=0 (temporary link before updating on the TeamBG server)

ADDED NEW CONTENT (Texts by Alisia, English proofreading and edits - sarevok57):
    • The "Ajantis (SoA&ToB)" component has been greatly expanded and is now included among the completed components of the mod! It still has much less text than in the " Ajantis BG2 NPC" mod, but for those who are interested in seeing a different Ajantis character in the game (more flexible and kind), this component will do.
    • Added five dialogues between the PC and Ajantis in SoA (one of them is only for the female PC) and one dialogue in ToB
    • Added ToB epilogue for Ajantis
    • Added Deekin - Ajantis banter (SoA)
    • Added Coran - Ajantis banter (SoA), this dialogue is available for both versions of the Coran (both from Smiling Imp and Kulyok)
    • Added Nalia - Ajantis banter (SoA)
    • Added Aerie - Ajantis banter (SoA)
    • Added Imoen - Ajantis banter (ToB)
    • Added dialogue with Volo about Ajantis (in ToB)
    • Added dialogue between the player and Ajantis when entering the Underdark
    • Added Ajantis reactions to defeating Bodhi (if Shadow Thieves assisted in combat)
    • Added Ajantis reactions to completing Keldorn's quest (different reactions for each option)
    • Added dialogue with Ajantis at the Tree of Life
    • Added new Ajantis interjections in dialogues and reactions to story events

IMPROVED:
    • Reduced the price of buying an apartment in the Athkatla Water Gardens, now you can buy an apartment without cheating, it is enough to accumulate 10000 platinum coins (which is equal to 100000 gold)
    • The epilogue for Deekin has been expanded and finalized so that it unites all previously written texts, but with the correction of the chronology of Deekin's biography. Now there is no contradiction between the events of his life in BG2 and NWN
    • Improved Ajantis's dialog file in ToB so that he speaks appropriate phrases when exiting and returning to a party

FIXED:
    • Several item property fixes included (Ulpian edits), clarified descriptions to match their effects
    • Fixed a bug due to which the quest "Calandra and Talon" in the Water Gardens could not be completed if there was no Branwen in the party. Now there are two options for dialogue with Talon - with and without Branwen
    • Fixed a bug that caused Branwen's epilogue to not work in game
    • Fixed encoding error in Russian translation of Yeslick's quest
    Post edited by Austin87 on
  • bonewhiteglorybonewhiteglory Member Posts: 19
    AWESOME, thank you all for your hard work <3
    edited March 2022
    UPDATED!!
    New version - 13.5!
    Download: https://dropbox.com/s/mub3ozbrj1tiews/BG1NPC%20SoAToB_v13.5.rar?dl=0 (temporary link before updating on the server)

ADDED NEW CONTENT. Texts by Alisia, English proofreading and edits - sarevok57, Water Gardens area map upgrade - Gorion
    • An animal dealer has been added to the Water Gardens, which has dialogues and mini-quests (including additional dialogues if you have Aerie or Tiax in the party), as well as the opportunity to buy some useful and cute pets, including the ability to buy a cat if the player has previously bought an apartment in the Water Gardens
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    edited April 2022
    Just discovering your mod. It can be coonfusing to find the last version v13.5 as some links direct to the v12.8 making me thnink it was the latest version of the mod. Without digging i would still be with the v12.8.

Does Coran & Safana Chronicles (SoA & ToB) is compatible with the mod "Coran for BG2" ? I mean can they both work together ?
    Hello! I updated the link to the latest version in the first post, thanks! Unfortunately, the TeamBG site administrator has not responded to messages for a long time, and I myself cannot fix it, so there are links to the old version in some places. The current version 13.5 is available on Dropbox, at the link in the first post of the this topic.

As for your question about the "Coran for BG2" mod, the answer is rather "No". If it is installed, then the "Coran and Safana" component will not be installed, since there is a special check for the presence of parallel mods on these NPCs. This was done to avoid bugs and incompatibilities. The fact is that these mods continue the history of the Coran in different ways, they are plot and technically incompatible. The "Coran for BG2" mod by default removes the vanilla Coran from the Tethyr forest, which is necessary for this component (at the same time, in order for Safana to survive, it is necessary that the vanilla Coran remains alive after the fight with the werewolves).

On the other hand, if you want to take a risk and possible bugs do not stop you, then you can install the "Coran and Safana" component first, and only then the "Coran for BG2" mod, and when installing it, select the option "Do not remove the original Coran from the Tethyr forest", which is in this other mod. Then three versions of the Coran should appear in the game at once (one original in the forest, the other from Kulyok, in Athkatla, and the third from this mod, where it will appear in the temple in the Slums after the episode with werewolves). But I wouldn't recommend it :)

Also, even if you do this, then the Kulyok's Coran will not communicate with Safana from this mod, they will ignore each other.
  • Chicken7023Chicken7023 Member Posts: 26
    edited May 2022
    Hello ! I can't find Oriona in the government district from the book quest. Where is she ? Thank you ! I'm good
    UPDATED!!
    New version - 13.6!
    Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1y0wkw6anrgimk1/BG1NPC%20SoAToB_v13.6.rar?dl=0 (temporary link before updating on the server)

- Fixed a bug with Alora's interjection in the Planar Sphere
    - Fixed bugs in Garrick's quest dialogues and other minor bugs
    - Added proficiencies to Coran, Safana, Faldorn and Deekin (previously these NPCs did not have any proficiencies)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2022
    Testing the new version for my heaily modded EET install; i got an installation with warnings for component 11 :

//Installing [ToB-part for Shar-Teel or/and Yeslick, Garrick, Branwen, Skie, Eldoth] [13.6]
    //EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for 7Xshar: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    //EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for 7XYES: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    //WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "7XCRE2.cre" doesn't exist in game
    //EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for 7XGAR: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    //WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "7XCRE3.cre" doesn't exist in game
    //EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for 7XELDOT: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    //WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "7XCRE6.cre" doesn't exist in game
    //EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for 7XBRAN: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    //WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "7XCRE5.cre" doesn't exist in game
    //EET_NPC_TRANSITION patching for 7XSKI: BG2 NPC without BG1 content
    //WARNING EET_NPC_TRANSITION: "7XCRE4.cre" doesn't exist in game
    //INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS ToB-part for Shar-Teel or/and Yeslick, Garrick, Branwen, Skie, Eldoth
    //
    //WARNING: BG1NPCSoA : 11 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 3
    //WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.

//INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS ToB-part for Shar-Teel or/and Yeslick, Garrick, Branwen, Skie, Eldoth
    //
    //WARNING: BG1NPCSoA : 11 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 3
    //WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.

Any idea ????
    edited May 2022
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    Testing the new version for my heaily modded EET install; i got an installation with warnings for component 11 :

Any idea ????
    It is okay! These warnings simply inform you that you do not have some NPC components installed and therefore will not have content for them in the ToB component.
    These are not errors, but warnings, and they only appear when installed on EET.

The reason for these warnings is that there is still a common ToB component for the five NPCs. And if one of these five is not installed, then such a message appears about them, but the content for the rest (installed) NPCs is added. Sometime in the future, I plan to split this last common component into parts, but so far the option is simpler and also works well.

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    This is a very ambitios mod, and is fun-I have a problem, though. I can not save the game in the most areas of the Water Gardens. It says the game can not be saved right now even when there is no fighting or active area spell effects. I guess this has to do something with most npcs in those areas constantly shouting and talking their dialogues with each other?
    lunar wrote: »
    This is a very ambitios mod, and is fun-I have a problem, though. I can not save the game in the most areas of the Water Gardens. It says the game can not be saved right now even when there is no fighting or active area spell effects. I guess this has to do something with most npcs in those areas constantly shouting and talking their dialogues with each other?

Hello! It's weird because I've just tested it and I can't seem to reproduce this bug - my save works fine. Perhaps some dialog is trying to work but doesn't work? Are there any signs of "stuttering" of any NPCs from your party (when they turn to another character and seem to be trying to say something)?
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 875
    A quick question about this mod (apologies if it's been answered elsewhere): can the Water Gardens component be installed without installing any of the companions?
    That is, if I just want the new area (and associated quests), but would prefer not to have any of the BG1 companions appear, is that possible?
    Thanks!
    A quick question about this mod (apologies if it's been answered elsewhere): can the Water Gardens component be installed without installing any of the companions?
    That is, if I just want the new area (and associated quests), but would prefer not to have any of the BG1 companions appear, is that possible?
    Thanks!
    Hello! Yes, the first component of the mod contains only the new district of Athkatla, quests and dialogues. The only NPC that is present in it and available for joining is Deekin the kobold. All other NPCs are installed separately!
    edited June 2022
    Austin87 wrote: »

Hello! It's weird because I've just tested it and I can't seem to reproduce this bug - my save works fine. Perhaps some dialog is trying to work but doesn't work? Are there any signs of "stuttering" of any NPCs from your party (when they turn to another character and seem to be trying to say something)?

No, I don't notice stuttering, and when I leave Water Gardens I can save the game normally. I have this bug both in old classic bg2 installation and bg2:ee 2.5v installation, in the same places. Most notably the general Water Gardens first area.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 875
    Thanks for the quick answer! :)
    edited June 2022
    No, I don't notice stuttering, and when I leave Water Gardens I can save the game normally. I have this bug both in old classic bg2 installation and bg2:ee 2.5v installation, in the same places. Most notably the general Water Gardens first area.

I reinstalled the mod again, visited the Water Gardens and I still have the game successfully saved on these areas - both during the pop-up dialogs and before they work. I cannot reproduce this bug :(
    edited June 2022
    I can save in the main area now (bgx2) but the villa does not allow me to save in classic bg2.
    vhrgi4bdf3sz.jpg

However, EE version does save in both places. (yes, this is EE, I modded the ui to look like classic bg2)
    d6bryf5hxivh.jpg

But there have been times I was not able to save in the main area too, in both games. I guess this is a rather incostintent bug special for my installation. (I have many, many mods)
    Oh well, it is nothing game-breaking, thank you for such a huge mod!

Post edited by lunar on
    edited June 2022
    Hi everyone! We need authors of texts for the expand of mod!

If you can write texts for this NPCs - let me know here, please, or in private messages!
    For example, we need texts and ideas for the following:
    - dialogues of any NPCs from BG1 with BG2:EE NPCs (Neera, Dorn, Hexxat, Rasaad and Wilson)
    - any banters or interjections in BG2 for Shar-Teel, Xzar, Montaron, Garrick, Kagain, Deekin, Faldorn, Branwen etc.