Skip to content

[MOD] Portraits Portraits Everywhere (for BG1EE, SOD, BG2EE, IWDEE, EET)

Comments

• Daft_HunkDaft_Hunk Member Posts: 17
    skusha wrote: »

Well played, it work indeed. I'm doing a french translation of it.
    Is it okay to release it as a fork on git ?
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited July 2021
    @Daft_Hunk I don't know if this mod is supported by the author today. You can try to write to the author and draw his attention to this version.
    edited July 2021
    Hello @skusha !
    I have done the PR, even if the author doesn't answer, it would be easier to find for users and to maintain.
    https://github.com/smeagolheart/Portraits-Portraits-Everywhere/pull/2
    @Greener I also included your changes, tell me if it's okay for you, otherwise I will remove them in no time.
    @Daft_Hunk Only these corrections and rus translation are not mine, but the work of @tipun and arcanecoast.ru.
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    Hi @Daft_Hunk I lookedat your branch, andIwonder : why are all bmp files changed?
    If it's just a localization issue, the content of the files shouldn't really change, should it?
    skusha wrote: »
    @Daft_Hunk Only these corrections and rus translation are not mine, but the work of @tipun and arcanecoast.ru.

Oh my bad, I will update that.

@mled
    I have also included the work of @Greener that update a lot of them for better consistency.
    After spending so much time gathering everything from different sources (Not speaking only for this mod), I feel a bit sick by that and I try to compile everything in the same place.
  • mledmled Member Posts: 46
    Yeah I feel the same, things can get overwheling very fast, I guess I'm in the same spot now :)
    edited July 2021
    Note that @tipun added portraits from IWD1-2 to google drive version for compatibility with his IWD1-IWD2-EET project :)
    mled wrote: »
    Yeah I feel the same, things can get overwheling very fast, I guess I'm in the same spot now :)
    The worst is for SCS, I have like 4 fixes added + FR translation.

@skusha Thanks I will add it to the update description ;)
    When I have a bit more time, I will make a compatibility patch for unfinished business component that gives names to commoners.
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    Anybody know what the missing portraits were? I know Xan's portrait is one of them, but someone mentioned another was missing?
    Durandalis wrote: »
    Anybody know what the missing portraits were? I know Xan's portrait is one of them, but someone mentioned another was missing?

Hum, I'm not sure on what issue are you talking about, can you be more precise?

On top of that, I use The Picture Standard for compagnons, if it can help.
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2021
    Daft_Hunk wrote: »

I don't know if you've actually gone into the files, but PPE actually replaces some companion portraits with the exact same portrait (Xzar is in there for example). Don't know why, but it does (I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about coding can explain why). When you install the mod, the portrait for Xan disappears and is replaced by the standard question mark image.

You probably never noticed an issue because you used Picture Standard for companions.

Xan's missing portrait is apparently fixed by placing a copy of his portrait in the mod's portrait folder and labeling it XAN.bmp.

I recall reading somewhere (here or somewhere else) that there was at least one other portrait that was missing, but I don't know who that portrait is for (or if Xan is actually the only missing one).
    Daft_Hunk wrote: »

I don't know if you've actually gone into the files, but PPE actually replaces some companion portraits with the exact same portrait (Xzar is in there for example). Don't know why, but it does (I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about coding can explain why). When you install the mod, the portrait for Xan disappears and is replaced by the standard question mark image.

You probably never noticed an issue because you used Picture Standard for companions.

Xan's missing portrait is apparently fixed by placing a copy of his portrait in the mod's portrait folder and labeling it XAN.bmp.

I recall reading somewhere (here or somewhere else) that there was at least one other portrait that was missing, but I don't know who that portrait is for (or if Xan is actually the only missing one).

Okay, thank for the precision, I will dive into this.
  • SBlackSBlack Member Posts: 32
    Dradeel (mage on werewolf island in TotSC) is supposed to be an elf:
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Dradeel

I like the portrait, but it's human. Which doesn't fit with him telling you that he lived on the island since the time of Balduran.

There are some other examples in the game that arguably don't quite fit and the styles vary a bit, but there are also a gigantic amount of characters. So that's perfectly fine. Overall it's a fantastic mod that adds a lot of flavor and immersion :)
    edited August 2021
    SBlack wrote: »
    Dradeel (mage on werewolf island in TotSC) is supposed to be an elf:
    https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Dradeel

I like the portrait, but it's human. Which doesn't fit with him telling you that he lived on the island since the time of Balduran.

There are some other examples in the game that arguably don't quite fit and the styles vary a bit, but there are also a gigantic amount of characters. So that's perfectly fine. Overall it's a fantastic mod that adds a lot of flavor and immersion :)

Please do, if there is inconsistencies, I can correct them if it's right argumented.
    @Durandalis, @SBlack & @skusha, the changes you asked have been done.
    Can you try the latest version https://github.com/DaftHunk/Portraits-Portraits-Everywhere and confirm it to me ?
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @Daft_Hunk Is your latest version compatible with Tipun's IWD-in-EET mods?
    tl1942 wrote: »
    @Daft_Hunk Is your latest version compatible with Tipun's IWD-in-EET mods?

Indeed, his changes are included.
  • FireballFodderFireballFodder Member Posts: 10
    This is a truly excellent mod, but I must say it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not have Bub Snikt look like Hugh Jackman or something.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    This is a truly excellent mod, but I must say it's a bit of a missed opportunity to not have Bub Snikt look like Hugh Jackman or something.

I haven't test it, but I think you can just swap portraits to whatever you want. You just need to name it correctly and be assure the right size. The code is already there, it'll pick the portrait that's in the mod folder.
  • Orphéo89Orphéo89 Member Posts: 10
    @Daft_Hunk Sorry at bother you but did you change anything for the portraits corresponding to the IWD characters, please?
  • BrockBrock Member Posts: 10
    After the last update I noticed that many NPCs in mods unfortunately no longer have portraits
  • Undead_Reaper86Undead_Reaper86 Member Posts: 13
    When i try to install PPE it says TP2 file is missing
  • Undead_Reaper86Undead_Reaper86 Member Posts: 13
    This doesnt give portraits to all NPCS. Berrun Ghaskill doesnt have a portrait
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Berrun Ghastkill (code BERRUN.cre) is one of the NPCs in the table the mod uses with a specific portrait, BERRUN.bmp. Which exists in my version.

Clearly, your copy of the mod has picked up a bug somewhere. One possible issue - maybe that file got lost somehow? Check the "Portraits" folder in the mod to see whether it exists for you.
  • GordianGordian Member Posts: 6
    I've also had several portraits missing with one version of PPE (Winthrop, Gorion and Ilyich for instance). As I've made so many changes to override and portrait folder bmps I can't really pinpoint what fixed it, but probably downloading a version on github linked in this thread.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Thanks for the job. What is the version of this new PPE mod ?
    edited March 2022
    Sorry for the late answers but I'm not really available these days.
    Orphéo89 wrote: »
    @Daft_Hunk Sorry at bother you but did you change anything for the portraits corresponding to the IWD characters, please?

Not directly but I included the changes made by Tipun.

@Brock
    You mean this one ? https://github.com/DaftHunk/Portraits-Portraits-Everywhere

I don't have problem on my side, are you sure they are vanilla NPC not affected by modded quests ?
    For exemple Noober will lost his portrait when the Unfinished Business quest will start.
    Same for generic npcs that gets a unique name.
    Additional patches will be requiered for this but I currently don't have the time to do it.

@Mordekaie
    V1.02 24/07/2021
    Added new content & russian translation: by tipun & arcanecoast.ru
    Replaced some portraits with new one: by Greener
    Added french translation: by Daft Hunk