Skip to content

Wilson Chronicles - expansion of the furry paragon

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    WIlson is best bear.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Well, have fun! Both of you!
  • Grumnar1982Grumnar1982 Member Posts: 16
    Can someone please inform me where/how to get Wilson's dexterity to be upgraded?
    By having a nice treat. I think you could get him one at the Promenade. You'll need to keep your eyes open for the other ones. Truth to be told, I don't remember where the other two are.
    @LavaDelVortel You are the author of the mod correct? If so, I have a minor concern, which may be my own fault for having too many mods installed. My Wilson can currently use necklaces, but only if they are not restricted by class. So any necklace that is restricted from Wizard Slayer is also restricted from Wilson. Currently there is the special one her gets from the Corruped Ducklings and the Keepsake Locket (for Jaheira) that he can use. Is that meant to be the case?
    I don't remember having problems with him wearing necklaces. Sadly, that tweak was coded by a friendly modder that is no longer available. According to the readme, it's been fixed already (22 December 2016 - version 1.1: -Revised item usability tweak to also allow Wilson to wear class-restricted amulets and necklaces) and I doubt you're using a version that's older than 5.5 years. I will look for someone who may help, but I must first release some other things / updates.
    No worries, thanks. I am pretty sure it has to do with all the mods/mod install order I did. My game runs for the most part, there are several bugs that I am sure were caused by the order.
    I will also ask around and check this, but firs, the releases I planned for a while already :) Cheers!
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    By having a nice treat. I think you could get him one at the Promenade. You'll need to keep your eyes open for the other ones. Truth to be told, I don't remember where the other two are.

One's in Brynnlaw (the Temple of Umberlee shop), and the other's in ToB (Karthis al-Hezzar's shop).

Of course, Wilson doesn't actually get any combat bonuses out of boosting his dexterity by one to three points - you might be better off giving those tasty fishes to a rogue with Use Any Item (or is that Eat Anything?)
    Ohh, those. I have had those in my inventory/quick-slot since I picked them up..I guess I read them wrong. For some reason I thought they gave a short haste buff lol. Thank you. I was looking for a script command or something that gave the increase.
    Also I do not know if it is a bug or not, but my Wilson is able to use the stat books just as any other character can. I did not know he could read.
    @jmerry - thanks for reminding me!

@Grumnar1982 - he is full of surprises!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Wilson looks great. I was just thinking about few "suggestions" for Wilson because i am not really feeling to have Wilson in the Team of 6, but i would love to have him around :

- It could be like a 7 party member (like Grey the Dog, the Djinn...)
    - I would even prefer to have him around, like a savage friendly beast following the party (not too far from the party but not direcly involved in what is going on until he is called or he joined by himself). He could be scooting the area (leaving some signs of his passage like a dead orc..., or being behing the group for back proctection, or just doing his own stuff, ... In all of those situations he is not really participating or seen but there is his presence . He could also be triggered to have some chance to appear in the middle of a fight (when one party member is falling dead).
    - Or I would love to play a ranger and have Wilson as a companion (like a familiar for Wizard but more independant)
    Well, no. I am not interested in changing Wilson to work like that. He is a standard companion. Plus, it sounds a bit like "I think it looks great, but it would be even better if it were something entirely different".
    Well, no. I am not interested in changing Wilson to work like that. He is a standard companion. Plus, it sounds a bit like "I think it looks great, but it would be even better if it were something entirely different".

I apologize for those suggestions. I haven't tested Wilson yet but i will in my next EET playthrough. I love your mods ! :)
    The aim of the mod was to turn a mini/easter-egg companion into a fleshed-out one - not to reimplement Wilson as something else, but rather to turn the character into a companion truly worth taking one of the 6 slots.
    I Was just checking jmerry's Tweak Collection mod. It contains a component to correct a strengh stacking "bug" with Wilson.

Is it an attended feature or is it already corrected in the laterst version of Wilson Chronicles ?
    I do not remember fixing this, so it's probably you'll need that mod to handle it. You may need to ask jmerry about the install order, as I do not know what method is used in Tweak Collection.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @jmerry
    What say you to this?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The issue is one of the spells in Wilson's kit; he gains strength as he levels, but the timing mode on the spell is wrong so the effects stack up if you dismiss him from the party and bring him back in.

My fix edits that one spell. It does not interact with what this mod does at all, and should be safe in either order. Though as a tweak mod mine is intended to be installed later than a content mod such as this.

In fact, here's the complete code for the component:
    BEGIN @1000 DESIGNATED 10
    GROUP @1
    	REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~ @11
    	COPY_EXISTING "ohrbear6.SPL" ~override~
    		LPF ALTER_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode=44 timing=9 END
    	BUT_ONLY // Corrected timing mode on Wilson's strength boost.

This fix will also be incorporated into the EE Fixpack when that comes out.
  • IcarusIcarus Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2023
    So... in what way does this mod make Wilson more survivable? It's great that he can equip amulets now, and I put the Wooden Horse Necklace on him to bring his AC down to... 0. My tanks on the other hand have around -9 AC. Does one of the new items help in that way, or should I just assume that he shouldn't be on the frontlines?
    It was never this mod's aim to entirely rebuild his kit but to give him what others have: dialogues with PC, banters, reactions, quests, etc. Other changes are minimal and are minor additions to the mod's main goal.
    I understand. It's just that you mentioned other items, and I was wondering if those would be helpful in that regard.
    No, there is nothing here that would change him that much.
    Alright, thanks for the Info.
    Uh, if you don't mind, I have a few more questions:
    1. I encountered the first of the Ducklings, but I don't have a corresponding quest. Am I missing something? I got the "wounded" talk AFAIK, but as I said, no quest.
    2. 2. Where exactly do I get the fish? I searched Waukeen's Promenade a few times, but I didn't find anything.
    Ignore the lack of journal entry for now. I will investigate it, but even without the entry, everything should look fine.
    The merchant near the circus should have the fish. Just make sure Wilson is around.
    edited March 2023
    I tried all the merchants close by again, but I get neither a reaction nor is there fish in the inventory.
    I assume you talk about Mira, to the right of the circus, who tells you about the various other shops. But I also tried everyone around.

I do have other mods installed however. If either the fish or the quest hangs on some variable being set, I can try to do that myself, if that helps.

Edit: I did get the quest after actually beating the first set of ducklings. So that part is solved.
    Yes, I am talking about Mira. You may also check her wares? However, if you installed the mod and didn't start a new game, there's high chance you won't be able to get fish from her.
    That can very well be it. Thank you. I assume the same goes for the other locations of the fish?

If so, I assume what I am missing out on are 3 fish, who would each give a permanent +1 DEX? Is that correct?