Skip to content

Wilson Chronicles - expansion of the furry paragon

Comments

• ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    Ok I went and stood next to Mira and Wilson is again initiating a dialogue but all I can do is end the conversation and he just keeps repeating. I know she has the fish so I guess it has something to do with that? I didn't buy it yet because it is very expensive.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Nah. But it's the same line, right? The same line you had before.
    Yes as far as I remember
    Any luck figuring this out @LavaDelVortel ?
    I figured it locally, but it's not only a matter of variables etc, but also of dialogue weights. I'm still checking it, but I'm afraid that this can't be fixed without reinstalling the mod and from what I have seen you would need to reinstall 50% of your currently installed mods... plust the solution I came up with isn't something I'm sure of, buecause I have no idea why agb1 changed some stuff and because he's not here, I can't really ask him. Also sorry, but I won't be able to check anything else today, because it's after midnight here and I'm just too tired.
    I appreciate the time you have put in to helping me. I guess I'll just avoid Mira for this game.
    It's ok, but the problem is that I'm not sure why 4 blocks were included and I'm not sure if the problem won't appear with other situational talks. Like when entering Wild Forest or the Underdark... I guess you would need to check that. It's really hard to figure this out without someone who recoded my original material and I already sent him few messages to no avail.
    Okay, I uploaded version 1.2, but consider this an experimental version. If some of you decide to use it and encounter any problems, please, let me know.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Is the problem identified by ronaldo unique to BWS?
    If I'm not using that (BWS), should I use v 1.1 or v 1.2?
    Thanks.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Thrasymachus

Lava and I worked out the likely cause of the issue internally and I can semi-confidently confirm it has nothing to do with BWS.
    Could you wait one day? I am still investigating the problem along with @Artemius_I
    @LavaDelVortel @Artemius_I if it helps I was eventually able to complete that part with Mira. I went and did the wild forest and got the quest for his brother. I finished his brothers quest and then on a lark I tried the Mira encounter again and it went off just fine. I hope that helps you track down the reason.
    That's because of an unfortunate variable number, but we would like to make sure no one else has that problem :) Thanks for letting us know, though :)
  • AdlantisAdlantis Member Posts: 9
    I am getting the repeating-line-bug too. It started appearing right after the Bodhi fight in the Spellhold dungeon. The last of his lines before the bug was Wilsons "comment" on the slayer transformation.
    I'm using BWS and the EET.
    I see. Well, I prepared another version but I would like Artemius to take a look at it before it's public, but note that we live on opposite halves of the globe so the time difference is quite huge. That means there may be some delays. But we're working on it. @Artemius_I is great and his support makes it much easier, but modding and fixing sometimes takes time so... just know that once the fix is ready, I will uplodad the new version and make sure it's available to everyone.
    Version 1.3.3 is out, but note that we are still testing it. If you want to join tests, install it as well and let us know if you encounter any bugs. However, if you want to make sure it's all fine, wait until the end of the weekend. It should be much more tested until then.
    You'll find 1.3.3 in the first post.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    I am curious as I ran with Wilson a few times , about the possibility of having the drow illusion by the silver dragon cause him to appear as a spider, to better fit in with the drow culture. Seems like it could fit.
    Ugh... I never thought of that and to be honest... I wouldn't even know where to start! But will think about this. I remember that happened in some mod, but I don't remember which one.
  • AdlantisAdlantis Member Posts: 9
    I tried 1.3.3 and it seems to work. Thanks!
    The entire mod is great btw. It really elevates Wilson from a joke character to a fully fledged party member!
    Thanks :) For now I deleted 1.1 from the first post :) I think it should be fine. I know it's marked as experimental, but... I think this experiment went quite well, heh.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but, this mod should be working semi-fine again? I plan to re-install the BG games on my new computer in the near future, and I remember this mod being on my short list of mods I want in my game.

If not, I certainly don't mind the wait. I'm a pretty slow player, so I imagine it'd be a month or two before I make my way to BG2 anyways. :D
    Wilson should work just fine :) I've been doing some testing, @Adlantis reported that it worked fine... I guess it's all ok, then :)
    I'm not sure if you're planning on installing my other mod - the Southern Edge. It's still waiting for the update. It should be up in a day, I guess. Everything depends on the proofreader and fixing on one bug I'm still investigating (it's a problem with an item, so nothing gamebreaking). New version will work on EET and will include some new content.
  • iamlenbiamlenb Member Posts: 2

Ugh... I never thought of that and to be honest... I wouldn't even know where to start! But will think about this. I remember that happened in some mod, but I don't remember which one.

In EEKeeper you can change a character's appearance. I changed my protagonist to Wraith Spider and loaded game. Works, can equip and unequip weapons too. Think it's just a cosmetic swap. I don't know what value EEKeeper is manipulating, but I'm sure someone knows how to apply an appearance change specifically to Wilson and toss it into Adalon's script/trigger/event ... thingie.

Thanks for your work on Wilson!
    You're welcome :P I'm glad so many people like the mod.
    @LavaDelVortel Regarding the drow transformation - what happens is that Adalon is scripted to cast a spell on your party which changes their animations to elves with an altered color scheme. I'm sure that if you edited the script correctly you could make her check for Wilson's presence then cast a different spell on him.

The mod which did this was Neh'Taniel by the way. No wonder you have a vague memory of it :p
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    I finished a run with this mod and really enjoyed. Much thanks to the creators. :) Me and Wilson had a great time wading into hordes of enemies with our 5 attacks apiece. I definitely felt he was like a warrior brother to my barbarian.

It would be nice if Wilson got to use Ioun Stones, but maybe there's a lore reason why that wouldn't work.

Curses, I missed the fish at Waukeen's...
    You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed the mod. As for the Ioun Stones - that may be super hard and I doubt it's ever going to be included. Sorry! But I hope that ever without that tweak Wilson Chronicles may be called a nice addition. Cheers!
    @LavaDelVortel

I actually don't think enabling ioun stones should be that hard at all, because one of the patches changed all ioun stones to the 'Hat' category. It should be possible to allow the 'Hat' item to be equipped while keeping helmets disabled.
    Believe me, it's quite horrible to play with Wilson's class and restrictions as devs did what they could to make it impossible for Wilson to play with all those stuff. There are already effects on him and in his clabbear.2da.
  • badungubadungu Member Posts: 53
    Zaghoul said:

I am curious as I ran with Wilson a few times , about the possibility of having the drow illusion by the silver dragon cause him to appear as a spider, to better fit in with the drow culture. Seems like it could fit.

Nice idea, I love little tweaks like this! :)

https://github.com/badungu/Wilson_spider_transformation/releases

This is a little mod which does exactly what you want. ;)

@LavaDelVortel, if you want you can include this in Wilson Chronicles. :)