Skip to content

Wilson Chronicles - expansion of the furry paragon

12346»

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    edited March 2023
    Yes, but I actually upgraded it today, so it shall give greater bonuses from now on (that was introduced in v2.0). Since now, each fish will give +2 DEX and +4 max HP. That is to make the game with Wilson a bit easier, as those stacked bonuses will actually be much enough to give him AC bonus.

It is much, but perhaps that will make keeping him a bit more tempting. And if that's too much, then I may lower it down a bit in future releases.

As for other fishes: no. They may actually appear as if you weren't at their locations just yet. Once you enter their location, those .cre files are stored in your savegame, so your version of Mira is that one from your savegame.
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • IcarusIcarus Member Posts: 10
    Ah, okay, thanks.

Can you tell me the other two locations for the fish? I would like to try one to see if they work.
    edited March 2023
    Another one is at the temple of Umberlee (Brynnlaw) and yet another is in ToB I think, but I don't remember where...
  • IcarusIcarus Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2023
    So not immediately available (I am in Act 3), but I will keep my eyes open.

Thank you. For the mod and the quick helpful replies.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Since the fishes appear in stores, it's actually the STO files that matter. The first time you open up that store, it becomes part of the save file. Install the mod after that, no fish from the store.

And of course, it's just generally not good practice to install any mods mid-run. This is a very mild problem as such things go.
    edited March 2023
    Sure! And yep, the biggest problem is the .sto file, so you're missing both item, and a tiny encounter that would happen there. Anyway, what jmerry said -- it's best to start a new game after installing new mods, especially if mods update creatures, stores or areas.
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
    The new version is up! It includes a Spanish translation by @Curian55
    Cheers!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    I really enjoyed this mod a few years ago and am thinking of using it again. :smile:

A general question, Lava, about Wilson and your other recent mods (e.g., Faldorn, Skie, Khalid, etc.). Do these mods include banters with Wilson (like those with the other Bioware and Beamdog companions)?

Yes. All my NPCs released after Wilson Chronicles include banters with him - it doesn't matter if you have this mod installed or not.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Great! Thanks for the quick response. :)
    You're welcome! :)
  • pingedpinged Member Posts: 11
    Just recruited Wilson and soon after he appears to be stuck in a recurring loop in which he attempts to talk to me but keeps making the same "Roar, rff. Snork, rff." dialogue. Was there an NPC he was supposed to talk to?
    No, not really. If that's exactly how the line goes, then I don't think I can see such a line in this mod.
  • pingedpinged Member Posts: 11
    Probably not caused by Wilson Chronicles then. Thanks for the quick response. I love your work on your other mods. Do you happen to know a way to debug companion dialogue? Like what Global Variable is affected when a companion attempts to speak to you?
    There may be some unusual incompatibility. Dunno. With Wilson it's damn hard because it's hard to determine "what is he talking about" with just one line. I would suggest getting Near Infinity, checking his dialogue, and looking for that exact line you see on the screen. Perhaps then the variable will help you somehow because quite often it contains the modder's prefix.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Also, if it repeats, you could identify whether it is triggered by a script with the Stutter Debug Tool. The script block could also give a hint to where the stutter comes from.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 178
    Good to know there is a stutter debug tool. I think I ran into issues with other mods - even in one case where
    a NPC interrupts the main actor walking in the docks area, but no NPC faces the main actor. Normally when the
    stutter bug appears, the NPC will face the main actor and try to talk but then does not talk so perhaps it is
    worse than just stuttering. But I even managed to have a bug where my main actor stops moving altogether,
    even during fights (!!!). Thus being rendered unable to do magic, for instance - yet there was no NPC that would
    trigger it. Next time that happens I will dismiss all the party and then run solo through the docks area (it only
    appeared in the docks area, as well as in areas where Dusk NPC's quest runs, so I think it may be related to
    either Dusk, or another mod that interferes here; hard to find out what is the issue).

As for Wilson: I loved the idea of Wilson. Wilson was also fairly strong and I finished the game with him once.

Unfortunately not being able to carry stuff made him less useful.

If anyone else plays the Dusk NPC mod, help me convince the author to add an add-on option for the dog
    called Demolisher. :D I want the dog to be a NPC too like Wilson! ALWAYS RESCUE THE BEAR DON'T LEAVE
    HIM AT THE MONASTERY!!!