Skip to content

MythForce RELEASED in Early Access

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited April 2022 in MythForce
The next game from Beamdog is MythForce, a First-Person Rogue-Lite Inspired By ‘80s Cartoons.

https://mythforce.com/

Join the Discord channel: https://discord.gg/mythforce
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    First!

Nah, congratz. Gotta give it a go in solo. I'm a bit worried about how self-sustaining a single palyer would be but I'm happy that it actually exposes the story for the single-player experience as well (for the record I raised the question about the single-player discussions during the G4TV gameplay demo).
  • pdaiglepdaigle Member Posts: 1
    The characters look amazing and I can't wait to play. Great work!
  • EddsterEddster Member Posts: 14
    Wow, just wow. I was absolutely blown away with the reveal. This looks awesome, congrats!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I play MythForce myself in solo, it's totally doable (after you get a knack on the game ofc). Playing in MP is fun as you interact with other people, but the game is totally fine in SP.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    pdaigle wrote: »
    The characters look amazing and I can't wait to play. Great work!

How have you been doing, Phil? Nightingale seems like a totally great game, we're looking forward to it!
    Eddster wrote: »
    Wow, just wow. I was absolutely blown away with the reveal. This looks awesome, congrats!

Thank you, Eddster! We would be happy to see you on our Discord!
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Mobile friendly?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Looking forward to it!
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    The song is one I'll be singing in the shower! :D
  • AndrasteAndraste Member Posts: 78
    I can't play this (I get first-person motion sick) but I just wanted to say that it looks terrific and it's lovely to see Beamdog working in a new genre on a brand new IP. Hope it goes well! I am going to be singing that theme song all day :D .
  • Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    Not my kind of games sorry. Remember me the old Dragon's Lair.
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    Mobile friendly?

No. It's PC-only at this stage (I doubt it can work on mobile as it requires a lot of even PC resources to run).
    The song is one I'll be singing in the shower! :D

Yeah, definitely. The song is fire.
    Andraste wrote: »
    I can't play this (I get first-person motion sick) but I just wanted to say that it looks terrific and it's lovely to see Beamdog working in a new genre on a brand new IP. Hope it goes well! I am going to be singing that theme song all day :D .

We've introduced a lot of improvements to the game during its development so that people who have motion sickness while playing 1st person games could also enjoy the game.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Interesting!

I only noticed a wishlisting for Epic... Is it an exclusive, and if so, for how long?
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 151
    The trailer is one of the best game pitches I have ever seen. Great job and an awesome Whisky-a-Go-Go-soundtrack.
    Is the band called Mÿthförce? >:)
    The graphics look cool, reminds me of my childhood watching "Masters of the Universe" and "Captain Future" on European TV.
    Sjerrie wrote: »
    Interesting!

I only noticed a wishlisting for Epic... Is it an exclusive, and if so, for how long?

For now, it comes to Early Access on the EGS. The community will be key to getting us to 1.0. We'll see what comes then.
    Acifer wrote: »
    The trailer is one of the best game pitches I have ever seen. Great job and an awesome Whisky-a-Go-Go-soundtrack.
    Is the band called Mÿthförce? >:)
    The graphics look cool, reminds me of my childhood watching "Masters of the Universe" and "Captain Future" on European TV.

Cheers!
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Congratulations Beamdog - Great news about the new game... looks exactly what was promised when Trent said the team are going to think about "Fun" and make something really enjoyable. 80s cartoon style is brilliant and will make the game ageless. What I want to see to keep bringing me back to Beamdog games in the future, is a hook... whether that's a great story, interesting companions or modding/create your own adventures. For me, a hook like that would bridge the old crpg fans with something new.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    It looks like something worth exploring, but... the fact it's released on Epic killed most of my enthusiasm. I wish it was released on Steam or on Beamdog Client as well, but "somehow" I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Look, I know Epic agreements allow devs to keep more cash rather than make you pay for distribution / platform, but I really wouldn't mind if it was just few $ more expensive on Steam. If that would be a price for me keeping my choice where I want to buy it, it would be fine with me and I'm really tired with how I am forced to use a specific client/platform for each game.

If I don't buy it, that would be the reason. I guess you can't say anything more about the distribution, right, @JuliusBorisov ?
    For now, it comes to Early Access on the EGS. The community will be key to getting us to 1.0. We'll see what comes then.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    EGS community, I guess?

"We'll see" doesn't sound like any piece of information. I suppose I'll just give it a pass. How annoying that it won't come to even your own launcher...
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    EGS community, I guess?

"We'll see" doesn't sound like any piece of information. I suppose I'll just give it a pass. How annoying that it won't come to even your own launcher...

They have all been saying the same thing on the Discord. They can't give information that they don't have. Early Access is on EGS, everything else is yet to be done and seen, that's the official information, they never said it won't ever be available on Steam or anywhere else, just that they don't know it yet.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    FWIW Borderlands 3 was exclusive on Epic for around a year. Whether or not that is around the same time-frame for this is anyone's guess.

TR
  • realshemprealshemp Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2022
    Disappointing to say the least. I've been waiting MONTHS for the new game announcement only to find out it's a first-person procedurally-generated rogue-lite offering??

I had high hopes we'd see a new third-person turn-based RPG experience in the vein of Baldur's Gate and playable on Mobile only to have all of those hopes smashed to bits by a game that's literally NONE of these.

Hard Pass for sure.

This along with the company sale news most likely drives the last nail in the coffin for the one company left producing (or remastering) good RPGs for mobile platforms. Too bad.
  • SertanDoomSertanDoom Member Posts: 63
    Andraste wrote: »

I get motion sick as well but setting the field of view slider to 95 lets me play without being sick- finding the right number on the field of view however...blerrggh.
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    I envy people who can play first-person games -- I, too, get extreme motion sickness whenever I try. (I was so disappointed to only make it 10 minutes into Portal, for example, because I was really enjoying it. I managed 15 minutes on The Outer Worlds before having to stop -- bleah.)

I was hoping for isometric, but ah well, can't have everything.
    edited April 2022
    We'll be looking at adding more graphical options, which hopefully will allow players to disable/enable some settings and this might allow those who have some motion sickness to play the game.
    https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-cartoon-inspired-dungeon-crawler-mythforce

Check out this article about the top 10 details you would want to know about MythForce as a player.
    We've published the Roadmap for MythForce!

ybidcv5uuis5.jpg

Check out the deets and today's patch here!
  • AesculapeAesculape Member Posts: 10
    Wonderful game but sorry to ponder on the fact that pick up key ( so here a very important key to be able to change items from one another) while solo playing never works...is it a bug...!?!...as all other keys work very well (except hotbar quick access ones from 1 to 8) !!! Here on the below picture you have two options while trying to pick up an item...one to swap it with existing object in hand (which works ) and the other to pick it up (which NEVER works - at least for me - and so greatly limits game experience by preventing further explorations) !?! Thanks to help fix this !!! Otherwise as previously said it is a nicely designed game !!! Have a nice day !!! Kind regards !!!
    2xrhdzcyupay.jpg

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but do you still have free item slots when you try that?
    Because if you still have space, you can hit the E key to pick up the item, or hold E to equip it.
    If you have all slots for an item type occupied, holding the key will let you swap it with the equipped item, but simply picking it up won't work, because you would have to drop something else first.