Skip to content

[MOD] High Power Baldur's Gate v2.5.0

Comments

• ramirami Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2021
    A german translation is planned for this mod?
    Background of my question is: my english is only rudimentary, i want to improve it, so i thought to combining learning english with something iam very interested in, wich means translate baldurs gate mods.
    Can noobs translate mods too or is this only a job for pros? :D
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @rami
    rami wrote: »
    A german translation is planned for this mod?
    Background of my question is: my english is only rudimentary, i want to improve it, so i thought to combining learning english with something iam very interested in, wich means translate baldurs gate mods.
    Can noobs translate mods too or is this only a job for pros? :D

High Power Baldur's Gate includes a lot of new strings, so it could take a while.
  • Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2021
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    @rami
    HI, thank you for the mod. Couldn't you tell please, if i am installing only certain options, Charisma modifiers for stores, Constitution for non-warriors for example - i won't have all mega-modifications, right? (I haven't installed EEeX). And question about XP cap raising - it is ok in BG1, but in SOD there is still limit for 161 500. If i import character from bg1 to SOD with exp higher than 161 500 - the exp remains, but it won't grow. :( And if i create new character in SOD - the limit is still 161 500. Is there any way to raise XP cap in SOD too?
  • Alexander12Alexander12 Member Posts: 38
    HI, thank you for the mod. Couldn't you tell please, if i am installing only certain options, Charisma modifiers for stores, Constitution for non-warriors for example - i won't have all mega-modifications, right? (I haven't installed EEeX). And question about XP cap raising - it is ok in BG1, but in SOD there is still limit for 161 500. If i import character from bg1 to SOD with exp higher than 161 500 - the exp remains, but it won't grow. :( And if i create new character in SOD - the limit is still 161 500. Is there any way to raise XP cap in SOD too?
    @Alexander12

Yeah, you should be able to install some of the subcomponents without installing the main component.

The component that raises the XP cap doesn't affect SOD. I recommend installing Tweaks Anthology, which has a component which removes the XP cap in all games.
  • edward2923edward2923 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2022
    Hello and thank you for an interesting mod.
    I have a problem installing it. On a manual install in the steam game folder, it cannot find in the override folder the file "mekeldda.bcs".
    I have the version 2.6.6.0 and checked that the EEex installed is the last version that works for 2.6.6.0.
    I have attached the weidu log.
    Could you take a look and tell me what I am doing wrong or missing?
    Edit: I checked and the file exists in the mod folder HighPower, but for some reason it says not found when it is copied in the override folder. I tried to copy it myself, but it did not solve the problem.
    Post edited by edward2923 on
    @edward2923

The current version of EEex that works for version 2.6.6.0 doesn't have all the features that the older versions of EEex does, and some of those features are necessary for this mod to function. So this mod currently doesn't work correctly on version 2.6.6.0.

That's not the reason you were having that problem, though. I have no idea what was causing that. I could prevent that crash in that case, but it's possible you'll crash somewhere else in the installation.
  • edward2923edward2923 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2022
    Thank you for your reply.
    I will try to roll back the game to 2.5 on Steam and see if that is a solution and see if I can download the previous version of Eeex.
    Will write here with my results.
    Edit: The problem was with the Eeex, as you correctly said. If I went back to version 0.86 of it it installed.
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    edited June 2023
    Your mod looks really good and would like to play it. I have been looking at it and was wondering if you had a recommended install order for the mods that you have listed as compatible?

NPC AURA
    NPC Drake
    BG1 NPC Project by the BG1 NPC Project Team.
    BG1 Unfinished Business.
    Northern Tales of the Sword Coast by Aurelinus.
    Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! Module Download.

Rough World by elminster
    -Component Scaled Spawning (BGEE Original Campaign Only)

I would also like to use the three following mods as the look compatible; do you have any idea if they would conflict or where they would go in the install order?

The Tweaks Anthology, (just a few items that should be compatible).
    www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/tweaks/

Radar Overlay Released!
    forums.beamdog.com/discussion/84149/2-6-bg2-radar-overlay-released/p1

Bubbs-Spell-Menu-Extended.
    github.com/Bubb13/Bubbs-Spell-Menu-Extended/releases/tag/v4.6

Thank you for the vast amount of time you put into making this mod! It looks like a blast to play.
    @who_is_daniel

High Power Baldur's Gate is currently not compatible with v2.6 of BG:EE. Right now I am working on making it compatible, but for now the mod does not work.
    edited June 2023
    @who_is_daniel

High Power Baldur's Gate is currently not compatible with v2.6 of BG:EE. Right now I am working on making it compatible, but for now the mod does not work.

Oh, dang! Thank you for replying and letting me know as you have saved me a significant amount of frustration. Will you be updating the first post on page 1 of this thread when it is ready for BGEE v2.6? Thank you for working on updating it; any really rough estimate on completion, as in week, month, months, year?
    @who_is_daniel

I promise that I will have it released within a week.
    @who_is_daniel

I promise that I will have it released within a week.

Oh hell yeah adventure awaits! That is really quick. Looking forward too it!
    edited June 2023
    a67kth0pt0k2.png

High Power Baldur's Gate is now compatible with the newest version of BG:EE!

The contents of the v2.5.0 update are primarily just fixes to make things work again, but there are a few new surprises added here and there to the game. There are even some new spells, including the 1st-level spell Chaos Teleport, which teleports the party to a random area, including potentially an area the party has not yet visited (though it will not teleport the party to an area they can't access at that point in the story).

Reminder: Make sure to download the MOST RECENT version of EEex and install it before installing this mod!

Download
    Post edited by OlvynChuru on
    a67kth0pt0k2.png

High Power Baldur's Gate is now compatible with the newest version of BG:EE!

The contents of the v2.5.0 update are primarily just fixes to make things work again, but there are a few new surprises added here and there to the game. There are even some new spells, including the 1st-level spell Chaos Teleport, which teleports the party to a random area, including potentially an area the party has not yet visited (though it will not teleport the party to an area they can't access at that point in the story).

Reminder: Make sure to download the MOST RECENT version of EEex and install it before installing this mod!

Download

Thank you for your amazing work mon your mod! AND you even had it done in a weeks time just as you promise you would; no offence intended but I did not expect that to actually happen (sorry and thank you).

Quick question, and it may sound stupid but I wanted to confirm that v2.5.0 of your mod IS in fact now compatible with version 2.6.6.0 of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, as I did not see "version 2.6.6.0 compatible" on the first or last posts.
    @who_is_daniel Yes, it is compatible with the most recent version of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.
    @who_is_daniel Yes, it is compatible with the most recent version of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

Thank you!
    a67kth0pt0k2.png

Download

So the EEex-master.zip file you have linked does not have the setup-EEex.exe that the documentation page says needs to be used to install EEex. further down on their main page it says

"Download
    The latest EEex version can be downloaded from the Releases page. The installer is located under the collapsible "Assets" menu."

On the Releases page https://github.com/Bubb13/EEex/releases

the latest version is:

EEex v0.9.22-alpha Pre-release
    12 hours ago
    @Bubb13 Bubb13
    v0.9.22-alpha
    691d00c

and under the under the collapsible "Assets" menu it shows:

Assets 4
    EEex-v0.9.22-alpha.exe
    2.67 MB
    12 hours ago

Abd
    eeex-v0.9.22-alpha.iemod
    1.7 MB
    12 hours ago

I am GUESSING I need the EEex-v0.9.22-alpha.exe (as I am using Windows). Is THIS the version I should be useing? https://github.com/Bubb13/EEex/releases/download/v0.9.22-alpha/EEex-v0.9.22-alpha.exe
    @who_is_daniel Okay, I updated the EEex links on this thread to send the user to the EEex repository rather than to the master download link; that way, they can easily download the latest release, which does contain "setup-EEex.exe".

The version that doesn't include "setup-EEex.exe" will still work fine if you copy and paste another WeiDU program (like setup-HighPower.exe) and rename it "setup-EEex.exe".
    @who_is_daniel Okay, I updated the EEex links on this thread to send the user to the EEex repository rather than to the master download link; that way, they can easily download the latest release, which does contain "setup-EEex.exe".

The version that doesn't include "setup-EEex.exe" will still work fine if you copy and paste another WeiDU program (like setup-HighPower.exe) and rename it "setup-EEex.exe".

Thank you! And I really appreciate your fast responses.

So I started the install using setup-HighPower.exe and the install had an error and stopped. I copied the relevant information (I did not see anything else wrong in the install window and when I copied it to a text file and printed it to a PDF to see how long it was it 209 pages) as I doubt you would want all the info text.

"Copying and patching 1 file ...
    Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [ubsvlrev.cre] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [High Power Baldur's Gate], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 9443 files for [HIGHPOWER/HIGHPOWER.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 9443 files for [HIGHPOWER/HIGHPOWER.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("resource [ubsvlrev.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-HIGHPOWER.DEBUG and look for support at: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60325/mod-high-power-baldurs-gate-version-2-0
    Using Language [English]

Install Component [High Power Baldur's Gate]?
    I]nstall, or N]ot Install or Q]uit?"

(I removed the left square bracket from "I]nstall, or N]ot Install or Q]uit?" as it was changing the rest of my message to italics)

I tried to upload my WeiDu.log but this message board would not allow that file type. So I made a copy and renamed it to WeiDu.txt and uploaded/attached it to this post. I am guessing I have an incompatibility somewhere? I spent many hours going over all readme documentation for each mod and thought I had a workable install but I guess I missed something. I don't suppose anyone has any idea how to resolve the problem (Resource [ "ubsvlrev.cre] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key] " ?

Thank you for your time reading this,

-Daniel
    @who_is_daniel

This mod was trying to modify a creature added by one of the Unfinished Business components that you don't have installed. It only modifies that creature if you have the first component of Unfinished Business installed, but that's not the same component that adds that creature to the game. This mistake will be fixed in the next update, but in the mean time, you can solve this issue by installing the component "Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter" of Unfinished Business before installing this mod.
    edited June 2023
    Unfinished Business I told it to ask me for each item but I told it to install each component that showed up, all the options that were not installed were skipped by the installer without asking me about them. That is really odd...

Edit:

Ok I re-ran BG1 Unfinished Business installer and the installer showed that there were a lot of items that were already included in BGEE, and there were 2 components that were not installed because they conflicted with a component of Northern Tales of the Sword Coast.

"SKIPPING: [Nim Furlwing Encounter]
    Northern Tales of the Sword Coast conflicts with this component.

SKIPPING: [Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter]
    Northern Tales of the Sword Coast conflicts with this component."

Here is the rest of the text for the installer.

"[C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\setup-bg1ub.exe] WeiDU version 24900
    Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

The SETUP-BG1UB.TP2 mod has 35 distinct optional components.
    To save time, you can choose what to do with them at a high level rather
    than being asked about each one.

What should be done with all components that are ALREADY installed?
    R]e-install them, U]ninstall them, S]kip them, [A]sk about each one? s

SKIPPING: [The Mysterious Vial]
    The functionality of this component is already included in BGEE.

SKIPPING: [Additional Elminster Encounter]
    The functionality of this component is already included in BGEE + BGT.

SKIPPING: [Angelo Notices Shar-teel]

SKIPPING: [Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest]

SKIPPING: [Coran and the Wyverns]

SKIPPING: [Kivan and Tazok]

SKIPPING: [Branwen and Tranzig]

SKIPPING: [Safana the Flirt]

SKIPPING: [Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward]

SKIPPING: [Place Entar Silvershield in His Home]

SKIPPING: [Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements]

SKIPPING: [Audio Restorations]

SKIPPING: [Area Corrections and Restorations]

SKIPPING: [Permanent Corpses]

SKIPPING: [Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance]

SKIPPING: [The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections]

SKIPPING: [Sarevok's Diary Corrections]

SKIPPING: [Prism and the Emeralds Tweak]

SKIPPING: [Nim Furlwing Encounter]

SKIPPING: [Restored Elfsong Tavern Movie]
    This component is not compatible with BGEE. A BGEE-compatible version of this movie is included with the mod BG:EE Classic Movies.

Press ENTER to exit."

Should I remove the two Northern Tales of the Sword Coast Components that conflict with UFB?

"SKIPPING: [Nim Furlwing Encounter]

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast conflicts with this component."

@who_is_daniel Okay, quick fix:

Download the zip file below and extract the .tp2 file in it. Go into the folder called "HighPower" (in the directory where you're installing the mod) and replace the file "HighPower.tp2" with the identically named .tp2 file from the zip. That should fix it.
    Here:
    Here:

Well damn, that's going to save me several hours, as I'm traveling and using a laptop that's 10 years old and slow so it takes a really long time to install these mods... :#

Thank you very very much.
    I usually tweak a few Effects on my main character with EE Keeper such as "Spell: Wizard Spell Slots Modifier [42]" and "Stat: Casting Time Modifier [189]" plus a few other things but every time I load my game those manually added effects are removed. That has never happened to me before and I have been doing it for years. I dont know enough to know why it is happening but is there an Effect, Global variable or something else I can change with EE Keeper to keep those changes from being wiped away?
    @who_is_daniel
    I usually tweak a few Effects on my main character with EE Keeper such as "Spell: Wizard Spell Slots Modifier [42]" and "Stat: Casting Time Modifier [189]" plus a few other things but every time I load my game those manually added effects are removed. That has never happened to me before and I have been doing it for years. I dont know enough to know why it is happening but is there an Effect, Global variable or something else I can change with EE Keeper to keep those changes from being wiped away?

I'm not sure why that would be happening. The mod does do some weird things regarding effects which modify spell slots (making it so a character can get spell slots for a spell level they have not reached yet), but I don't think it should just automatically remove added effects.

But of course, you don't actually need to do that. High Power Baldur's Gate was not really balanced around you going in EEKeeper at the start of the game and giving your character arbitrary benefits. You should probably play through the mod at least once before doing things like that. The mod already gives characters a lot of powerful effects; those should be sufficient for now.
    Ok thank you
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    While I understand this mod is for BGEE, is it also compatible with the BG1 campaign in EET?

Thankee!