Skip to content

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BG:EE (and BGT and EET) - Download

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I don't know who you mean with woman/dragon character. The quest for the fishermen in AR20PB.are is killing the sirine and the salamanders at/in the cave to the northwest on this area.
    And Nadarin with his Basilisk is not relevant for NTotSC. NTotSC insersts a fisherman called Nadalin.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @jastey At least one of the old walkthroughs and/or readme's spells him as Nadarin so I got confused. It doesn't matter anymore as I've finished that quest. The woman/dragon was actually a woman/wyvern (my memory isn't that good) and she's a druid called Olive.

I am off to WW Isle, and then I'll check back if I can progress any further before Durlag's Tower.

Ah, Olivia! Yes, she is a bit crazy. She is unrelated to the fisherman. She needs something to help her fly:
    potion of freedom
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    I also appreciate your time and effort to help ud with this Old but much loved mod @jastey.

My walktrough is also dated and with severe gaps, so its really Nice to have you around - both for the help but also for the updates. Thanks
    @StummvonBordwehr appreciated, thanks!

If anyone feels like writing an up-to-date walkthrough... o:)
    I have to sit this one out. I am still waiting for the 2.6 Update for iOS…. But perhaps someday….

My walkthrough notes consist of some screen dumps from the SHS forum that must be 15 years old…. So they might be dated
    I fear they would be, yes.
    What NTotSC would need - and deserve - is an own walkthrough, so people would stop confusing DSotSC content with it.
    I had a walktrough for DSotSC, so I never get them mixed up.

But I can see that they get mixed up - and it happens a lot B). I will see what I have in my Old dropbox..
    edited June 2022
    @StummvonBordwehr Don't feel pressured, but I'll be looking foreward to it!

Moderation: Thank you for merging the threads! :*

@kiwidoc I asked for your thread to be merged with the normal support topic for NTotSC.
    Good idea about the merge.

I had both threads star marked, so I was quite surprised to see 24 new posts…. But it made sense in the end
    Haha!
    NTotSC is a very popular mod, you know! :D
    jastey wrote: »
    Haha!
    NTotSC is a very popular mod, you know! :D

I know :). I have played it since like forever….

And again: thank you for keeping it alive and kicking.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @StummvonBordwehr Don't feel pressured, but I'll be looking foreward to it!

Moderation: Thank you for merging the threads! :*

@kiwidoc I asked for your thread to be merged with the normal support topic for NTotSC.

Right, I left an edit note in the first post of the secondary thread to explain that it was merged as requested, but didn't remember that it would be in the middle of the thread now and nobody would see it :-)
    edited June 2022
    Not to worry @Arvia
    It worked out in the end, and made sense
    edited July 2022
    @jastey Sorry about starting another thread - I didn't realise this one was for non tech support and questions. You might want to redo the heading with new key wordas I couldn't find it as a support topic using the search engine (both before I made the new thread, and just now)

I've found Reedrig in FotD (had to go back quite a ways and reload), talked to him and freed hin; found Eldod again, and cleared the Mystery at Northern Citadel - both AFTER finishing the cult at Ulgoth's Beard.
    However on returning to the Beard I can't find Reedrig again. I've found out where he should spawn (by the cult HQ) but no sign of him.
    I even redid the Reedrig, Eldod things in a different order with FotD cave first in case that was important but no joy.
    Can anyone help me?
    Post edited by kiwidoc on
    @kiwidoc no worries, I was just lazy and didn't want two threads to develop.
    For me it's usually the mod thread being also support topic for content questions, too. Most mods only have one thread (outside the actual mod forums).
    You can always open new threads if you have specific questions as the thread title indeed helps drawing attention (and to re-find the topic later if other people encounter the same problem).

I don't have time to look up the details about Reedrig, that man is really difficult to deal with! Still what version number of the mod are you playing?
    edited July 2022
    @jastey The version is V3.20 - although I have since DLed v5, I didn't want to have to restart a game I was so far through. I'll use the latest version in my next game - and I'll do things is a slightly more sensible order.

Found this walktrough:
    i4y8ycv7y3dm.png

The detail level is insane, and the many comments from the author relly helps you with all from dialogue to tactical encounters. Its like Haeravons walktroughs times 10
    Dont know who can ever top that?…
    edited July 2022
    @StummvonBordwehr I'm using the V5 of that walkthrough - it comes as the readme packaged in the docs foler, found in the main install folder. Thats why I know he should be there ... but he isn't :(
    kiwidoc wrote: »
    @StummvonBordwehr I'm using the V5 of that walkthrough - it comes as the readme packaged in the docs foler, found in the main install folder. Thats why I know he should be there ... but he isn't :(

In the Old days (when BWSetups where in its prime) the mod was buggy as well - more than it is now I suspect. Getting the right person to show up has always been tricky, and I often ended up spawning NPCs into the game.

Ironing out the bugs is no small task, even for an experienced modder like Jastey.
    @StummvonBordwehr I've tried spawning NTREEDRI which is the only Reedrig I can find in the EEKeeper creature browser. I spawned him after I finished the Northern Citadel stuff and after I replayed so I freed Reedrig before doing the citadel mystery - no joy either way. He'd appear but he wouldn't speak to me.
    I played DSotSC a few times when it first came out, (yep, I'm that old) but this is my first time playing NTotSC
    @kiwidoc
    Damn, that should work… our only hope is Jastey.

Btw. I have played DSotSC since its beginning as well. It most be 2-3 years ago or so… or else I am Old as well :#
    edited July 2022
    @StummvonBordwehr I played the original DSotSC, which came out before BG2 - I think even before IWD. which was relesed June 2000. I didn't keep playing it as it was so buggy, and it had nasty things that hurt you badly, were hard to kill for bugger all points or it totally overwhelmed you with dozens of kobols.
    I did't hear about NTotSC till I read the list of mods compatable with BGEE. This mod feels much better, despite the problems I've had. @jastey many thanks for keeping these older mods
    supported and alive <3B)
    edited July 2022
    kiwidoc wrote: »
    @StummvonBordwehr I played the original DSotSC, which came out before BG2 - I think even before IWD. which was relesed June 2000. I didn't keep playing it as it was so buggy, and it had nasty things that hurt you badly, were hard to kill for bugger all points or it totally overwhelmed you with dozens of kobols.
    I did't hear about NTotSC till I read the list of mods compatable with BGEE. This mod feels much better, despite the problems I've had. @jastey many thanks for keeping these older games supported and alive <3B)
    That was early. I didn’t mod my BG installs until BGT came out - because of the many chrashes … and the graphics.

But when BGT came out, and later “the Big picture” and BWS, I was all in. I have frequented the “Kerzenburg” Forum enough to know how much Jastey has done for the community over the years - so the praise is well earned
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    You could use the walkthrough published by Sergio on SHS forum.
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Unfortunately, I need to step back a bit from giving extensive support in the forums for a while.

I answered a similar question to Reedrig here. Maybe / hopefully it might help you, too.
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Unfortunately, I need to step back a bit from giving extensive support in the forums for a while.

I answered a similar question to Reedrig here. Maybe / hopefully it might help you, too.

Not to worry Jastey, we shall try our best to hold the fort
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited July 2022
    Telka (one of the amazones in the valley of the tombs) is wearing two Studded Leather Armor +1s. Note that both NTotSC and SotSC are adding items to her, so I'm not sure if the issue lies with this mod or the other one.

She also has both a regular bow and the magical bow added by this mod. Perhaps the regular bow should be removed and replaced by the magical one?

The Shortbow also "Attacks per round: 2" in its description. What does it mean? I don't have anyone more than proficient at the moment, but if I give it to someone without proficiency, it's still only one attack.
    Post edited by Thels on
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    Ulkesh wrote: »

For anyone wondering, the walkthrough I'm referring to is here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/60457-reviews/?p=608611

For anyone wondering, the walkthrough I'm referring to is here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/60457-reviews/?p=608611

Awesome. Thanks - I was looking for it in vain