Skip to content

[MOD] The Vanishing of Skie Silvershield

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
Hey!

It always annoyed me that Skie is available really late in the game. That's why few days ago I though "enough" and made this small little something for those that have simillar feelings.

skie.jpg

The mod makes Eldoth and Skie available the moment you leave Candlekeep. It moves Eldoth to the Friendly Arm Inn and expands his plan to kidnap / free Skie Silvershield. Follow his plan, and you will be able to get an alternative for Imoen and Safana sooner than in the original game. To make this happen, his quest had to be expanded, but it's easy enough to make low level party handle everything without any problems.

To keep the balance, Eldoth and Skie both start with level 1, however, to sweeten your game spiced with Eldoth's vile plans and Skie's bitter whining, she received a personal armor which makes it possible for her to help the team a bit more.

NOTE:
The mod was created mostly for personal use thus I mostly made sure the mod works well with mods in my current run. At that time I did not use BG1 NPC Project, and while they should work together, dialogues for Eldoth and Skie in BG1 NPC Project were written by other author(s), thus character interpretation and style may be different in those mods, however nothing controversial is included in the Vanishing.

I would also advise not to install any mod/component that changes Elsoth's starting location. Such components may cause problems, as The Vanishing also changes this part of the game.

That mod does not need Siege of Dragonspear to work properly.

The mod still needs some proofreading and it's mostly a first working version so you could try it out.
Cheers!

DOWNLOAD
FORUM
StummvonBordwehrMantis37ThacoBellEekanImpmegamike15energisedcameljasteyJuliusBorisovAdam_en_tiumilduderinoNecromanx2memoryAngulimalaOrlonKronsteenAedanThrasymachus_DD_Timbo0o0o0

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited January 2021
    nvm i got my answer.
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    Hi, I just downloaded and started the mod, thank you so much!

I saw a bug or incompatibility : I installed before this mod the BG1npc project and Tweaks Anthology, one of those mods moves Eldoth's initial encounter to the map south of the friendly arm inn, near the obelisk.
    There is indeed an Eldoth standing near the obelisk waiting to be recruited, I did not talk to him because I wanted to check if your version of Eldoth would show up where he should, and the Eldoth of your mod showed up in the friendly arm inn just fine, with dialogue from this mod.
    So the problem is that there is now 2 Eldoths :p
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Sanctifer
    From first post:
    I would also advise not to install any mod/component that changes Elsoth's starting location. Such components may cause problems
    Oh, I did not read that spoiler, my bad
    jasteyAedan
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Sanctifer it's still great to see people give feedback and reports. Kudos!
    Sanctifer
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    edited February 2021
    So the problem is that there is now 2 Eldoths
    There is a chance the other one disappeared. My script tells existing Eldoth to move to the new location the very moment you enter the Friendly Arm Inn.

Anyway, it's still best to avoid any other components that change Eldoth's or Skie's location when using this mod :)
    Sanctifer
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    This is great. Thank you so much! Of course I just finished an enormous install before discovering it. :D
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    I just played through this mod. It was quite fun!

I was curious how it could be pulled off, and enjoyed your 'solution'! :smile:
    LavaDelVortelSanctifer
    Thank you!
    I just played through this mod. It was quite fun!

I was curious how it could be pulled off, and enjoyed your 'solution'! :smile:

Came here to say the same thing !
    Thank you for the mod, I just recruited Skie, no idea if the mod content extends beyond this point but so far everything worked well.

I encountered two small "bugs" :
    After the mage (Something Indigospit ?) teleported us back to the FAI, he just stays there and has nothing to say to me. Was he supposed to leave ? If he has to sty, maybe you could give hime a line like "leave me alone now!" or something ?
    Skie's jacket shows twice the line "STATISTICS"
    https://i.ibb.co/hyYMjTT/skiejacket.png
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks for letting me know!
    The mod does not add any more content than this quest. Well, maybe reaction by Entar one Skie returns. I wanted to keep this simple to make the mod work with BG1 NPC Project as well as possible.
    Sanctifer
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    Any chance of an EET compatible update? Had to use EEKeeper and console commands to get it to work, and an edit in NI to not send us to the Sahuagin City, but I worry that'll mess other stuff up. Thanks.
    I'm not using EET thus I am not providing EET compatibility. However, if there is someone that wants to add EET compatibility, that person should contact me and once it's complete, I'll upload the new version to the server.
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 57
    Question: What happens to the other if one is killed, petrified, or any of the many tricks used to separate paired companions is used?
    Depends on the other mods / original game. I think they will becave the same way for example Khalid and Jaheira do.
    This mod adds just one quest to make sure you can recruit her sooner, it does not add anything else or change how they behave in such situations :)
    Thanks to @GraionDilach the mod is now compatible with EET! It also received two smaller fixes (one of Eldoth's innate ability I by accident deleted, and the second one, which adds proper journal entries).

Enjoy v2.1, it's being uploaded as I'm writing this! Cheers!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 481
    Great news! 😀
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    Yayy.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited August 2022
    For some reason, I got alerted yesterday via the board's notification system when this mod was updated to EET compatibility. I wasn't sure if someone was pinging me as a reminder to check this thread, but thankee for the EET update and letting me know! Alleluia!
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 39
    Okay, now I'm sad. I just finished my run through BGEE with this mod and every other quest mod I could get my hands on. I got really attached to Skie & Eldoth. They were both approaching 800k xp.

Now I'm in the Siege of Dragonspear portion of the game. Skie is gone. Eldoth is gone. I've all but lost my motivation to play at this point. Is it just me or does anyone else think it would be cool to have a Skie Forever mod to go with this mod that lets you continue to have Skie in your party during SOD content? I know there would have to be some compromises made with the story where she would temporarily leave your party a couple of times - once for the part where you run into her and she is killing some people, and the other where you have to come rescue her at Dragonspear Castle - but other than that she could stay with your party. No pressue to Lava, but damn this would really make Skie come full circle as a Baldur's Gate companion.

The Vanishing of Skie Silvershield
    Skie Forever (to handle SOD)
    Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul

Obviously Eldoth is gone in SOD as "Daddy" points out when we're in the Ducal Palace, but having Skie with the party throughout the entire SOD would make her eventual murder at the hands of you know who that much more of an emotional event & make her return in BG2 that much more satisfying.

With this mod, I found Eldoth outside the Friendly Arm Inn (which was the last place on the map I looked!) but not Skie. Where is she?

Thankee!
    edited April 2023
    Talk to Eldoth, there is a whole quest that leads you to her.
    That's what I thought. Thankee!