Skip to content

[mod] Khalid for Baldur's Gate 2: EE

Comments

• Chicken7023Chicken7023 Member Posts: 26
    Hello ! Just chiming in to say I tried this mod out together with your Skie, and really enjoyed the both of them. The friendship story was nicely done. Actually enjoyed him more than Jaheira, and will probably play him again. Thanks !
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Thank you! :)
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Yes, very well done - kudos!

Not sure if you’re open to further crossmod content, but I’m about to begin a new run with Isra and wanted Khalid to tag along. Had you considered adding additional banters with any of Rhaella’s NPCs?
    I love Rhaella's NPCs. They will probably come at some point, but I'm creating crossmod talks with the other mod's author so the time needs to be right for both me and Rhaella. But I'd love that to happen so keep your fingers crossed. Will require a moment, though!
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Understandable! Given how much modding you do across the board I’m just glad to hear it’s a possibility. Again, great work!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2022
    EDIT: Apparently, you've already handled this. Nevermind.

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but the Turnabout mod allows the reviving of certain companions for the final fight with the full list below. It seems like your Khalid in BGII mod should be updated as prudent to account for this.

Alianna, the main character’s mother
    Dynaheir
    Gorion
    Khalid
    Tiax
    Yoshimo
    Xzar

Thankee!
    Greetings, Lava!

It's been about a year since you mentioned EET compatibility. Is this mod advanced enough for you to seriously consider having someone add EET compatibility?

Thankee!
    It will be ready when it will be ready. Seriously. You're not helping.
    edited August 2022
    The recent review by @Llewren (yes, that - not the constant nagging) made me think that perhaps the mod is ready... so, v1.0 is now traified and EET-compatible. I also fixed the recently found Fate Spirit bug.

Additional thanks to @GraionDilach for taking a look at the new version!
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • bonewhiteglorybonewhiteglory Member Posts: 19
    Thank you for all that you do, Lava! I'm beyond thrilled to play this in my next BG2 journey :)
    Thank you! :)
    Thankee for updating this to EET!
  • warhammershikiwarhammershiki Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2022
    Hi! I installed this mode, but something went wrong. Can you help me, please? I was soo, sooo glad to find this mode. His death was so meaningless and empty. He is one of my favourite character. We had come a long and hard way together, like brothers in arms. My dear friend Khalid...
    Playing the game I opened Jaheira cage, then Khalid disappeared and... in the Irenicus cabinet Jaheira told me that he died.ym9cfkwemtn3.jpg
    Uhm, yes? That's exactly what should happen. Read the first post and/or readme (literally the first few sentences):
    The mod allows players to decide who is going to stay for the whole Baldur's Gate 2: EE and ToB game. It places Khalid near Jaheira's cage. Help him, and Jaheira will become unavailable and will be the one taken away by Irenicus and Khalid will be the one to mourn her. Help Jaheira, and Khalid will suffer his original fate. Make your choice and... well... live with the consequences.

Well, yes, I read it, but then what should I do for saving him? I tried to speak with him. That's all option I had.
    You need a potion from the other room. Get it and talk to him again.
    Potion of healing? I tried it and... nothing. Sorry for bothering you.

q4boqed92sm4.png
    ry3ch2f9yox7.jpg
    Well, there is no such a potion in my table. I am sure I didn't miss it.
    Did I install something wrong? Or other mods ruined it?
    uirtd23w0s1q.jpg
    Perhaps yes. It should be there, there's not much you could do, it's just the beginning of the game and the mod was given a full run and was reviewed by another player like a few days ago so the mod's working fine.

But that would need to be some really weird other mod, something that would rewrite that area's script? If any mod does it, it will probably be quite destructive and may cause problems - not just with that mod, but with others as well.
    edited August 2022
    I know that "Unfinished businesses" was ruining Khalid mode, that's why I installed it before, but... I guess it didn't help. I will try to reinstall it. Thanks for your time.
    Why would UB conflict with the mod? What's the source of that information? No one ever reported that.
    edited August 2022
    Why would UB conflict with the mod? What's the source of that information? No one ever reported that.

I am the source. I installed three mods on the clean version of the game. First, Fixpack then Khalid mode and then UB. KM was broken giving me "Invalid: ..." sentences all the time. I can show you it if you need.
    I reinstated KM and now it is all working fine! Thanks for telling me what I should do for saving Khalid. I didn't know what to do, cause no potion was in my table. Potion of healing didn't work, that's why I even tried to open Jaheira's cage.
    edited August 2022
    I just installed Khalid and then UB. It worked. Next, Khalid and THEN Khalid, and everything worked just fine. So, nope, that's not it.
    What you are describing looks more like you game was running when you were installing the mod. Or as if some other process was blocking access to dialog.tlk thus no new lines were added.

And what Fixpack? G3 Fixpack? It's mostly built-in into EE and is no longer needed. There are just tiny little "optional but cool" components there and I doubt they could do any harm considering who watches over G3 Fixpack. We can tag @CamDawg here, but I am not sure he is available right now.

EDIT:

I wrote that message before you got it running. Anyway, that was weird. But I'm glad it's all working fine now.
    And what Fixpack? G3 Fixpack?
    BG2 Fixpack.

Well, that's really strange, I reinstall three mods in my order and... it's working fine.
    But no, game wasn't open when I installed it at the first and at the second time. Really sorry for misguiding you.

It's time to play this game with dear Khalid! (o^▽^o)
    Maybe there was some other program that prevented WeiDU from applying changes to original files. Well, but if it's all working now then... have fun! :)
  • Granger77Granger77 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Lava!

I am so excited to try this mod out in my next playthrough. I was beyond distraught at the absence of Khalid in BG2; Jaheira is okay, but I connected with Khalid way more in BG1 and SoD.

I'm almost done with my current playthrough, and am in the midst of planning the addition of more mods for the next; in this time, I've discovered many more mods that you've created, and I am stoked for all of them.

Thank you for all of your hard work!!
    Hey! I hope you'll like some of them! And thank you for your kind words! Cheers!
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Hi Lava, noticed a missing line for this talk (after using the book):
    53243150935_ac860f7984_3k.jpg