Skip to content

The Undying Mod BG2:EE Compatible

124»

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    lunar wrote: »
    Calisto's dialogue file is also bugged and her dialogue timers are weird and all over the place. She fires all of her dialogues with bio npcs instantly after joining and making an area transition.

This seems to happen because Callisto is looking to initiate a dialogue with your charname, but seems to not be able to "find" the correct one and so rifles through all of her other dialogues as if "looking" for the correct one. I've found that you can get her to stop this by having your charname initiate a talk with her as soon as she starts this behavior.

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Alrighty then. As of now, I'm looking for an experienced dialog coder to redo Nina's and Callisto's timed dialogs. Obviously the coding I borrowed and modified isn't doing the trick.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited July 2021
    @CoM_Solaufein
    Lava Del Vortel, Argent77, jastey, sarevok57, Skitia, Austin87, GwendolyneFreddy, and more are seemingly experienced dialog coders. Talk with them about this.

GwendolyneFreddy, jastey, and maybe others can help you transfer your stuff (or mods on your site and maybe also forum posts) to Gibberlings3 or/and Spellhold Studios to have you be established there with less personal moderation involvement, more traffic, and more security. Gibberlings3 is the most active Infinity Engine modding site of which I know, and you'd be much more able to interact with fans and fellow modders/helpers there. (G3 also has a Discord chat server, but the forums are generally better for Q&A.)

I'm also very looking forward to EET compatibility for the next Undying release! These people except Lava will likely help you with that as well.
    Post edited by Endarire on
  • AnstalisAnstalis Member Posts: 17
    I had to reinstall BG2 and all my mods. The Undying download website seems to be down, is there anywhere else I can download it?
  • Fishmalk_1Fishmalk_1 Member Posts: 58
    Anstalis wrote: »
    I had to reinstall BG2 and all my mods. The Undying download website seems to be down, is there anywhere else I can download it?

The downloads can be found at http://downloads.chosenofmystra.net/bg2/. The Undying is there near the bottom.
  • AnstalisAnstalis Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2022
    Thanks!
    I ran The Undying 2.53 through the EET compatibility tool and seemingly added native EET compatibility in this version. That was the only change I made, meaning your favorite bugs and quirks are still there! Mind you, I've barely tested this version, but since the EET compatibility tool worked well on other mods which I converted, I strongly suspect this version of The Undying is fully EET compatible. Regardless, play at your own risk.

I know CoM_Solaufein had plans to release The Undying 3.0 with more features and fewer bugs, but that hasn't gone public yet.

Enjoy, all!
  • TaladayTaladay Member Posts: 5
    Fishmalk_1 wrote: »
    Anstalis wrote: »

The downloads can be found at http://downloads.chosenofmystra.net/bg2/. The Undying is there near the bottom.

The last version, 2.53, can be found though Wayback: https://web.archive.org/web/20220516043757/http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=8
  • NiewiemNiewiem Member Posts: 8
    Hi @Endarire
    I would love to download EET compatibile version but it seems your link does not lead to actual file now :(
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited August 2023
    The Endarire version is the same as the official version. Available here. (TheUndying2_53.rar)

Endarire you continue to deceive players with your versions that provide nothing...
    @Niewiem
    I moved my backup of The Undying to GitHub from Google Drive but didn't update my links. Apologies.

The version on GitHub here is 2.53 but with the EET auto converter applied for additional EET compatibility. It's otherwise the same as the version JohnBob linked except perhaps with a different WeiDU version.

Enjoy!
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    There is no additional EET compatibility in your version, the only addition is to tag EET in the tp2...

Honestly, I don't mind if you do nonsense, but why do you pretend that your version adds better compatibility when it doesn't ?

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Endarire please do not link to mods you only applied the EET auto converter to. Especially not with saying that the version has EET compatibility.
    The auto converter is not a miracle tool (no offence meant, @swit ). EET compatibility needs to be tested thoroughly or players might have bad surprises.

Everyone: please take modding help by Endarire with a grain of salt. I know he means well but his knowledge is lacking.