Skip to content

[How to] Install mods on Android

Comments

• billy_pilgrimbilly_pilgrim Member Posts: 132
    Agerio wrote: »
    My clear data button is always greyed out for some reason... I modified the orginal dialog.tlk in the obb file to .klt but it appears android places a new .obb file in the /obb/com.beamdog directory with an unmodified dialogue.tlk and also stashes the old .obb file somewhere I can't find as my game folders seem to be growing and growing, lol.

Damn...it seems the pixel phones has been getting restricted more and more... try removing the modded com.beamdog folder if not then reinstall the app, open it and turn off your phones internet soo that it can't download a new obb and try modding it again.

It's working, using winrar instead of 7zip the repacked obb was the same file size, and SCS is active too!
  • AgerioAgerio Member Posts: 73
    My clear data button is always greyed out for some reason... I modified the orginal dialog.tlk in the obb file to .klt but it appears android places a new .obb file in the /obb/com.beamdog directory with an unmodified dialogue.tlk and also stashes the old .obb file somewhere I can't find as my game folders seem to be growing and growing, lol.

Damn...it seems the pixel phones has been getting restricted more and more... try removing the modded com.beamdog folder if not then reinstall the app, open it and turn off your phones internet soo that it can't download a new obb and try modding it again.

It's working, using winrar instead of 7zip the repacked obb was the same file size, and SCS is active too!

Awesome, Good to see it working for you!
  • billy_pilgrimbilly_pilgrim Member Posts: 132
    edited August 2022
    Just for clarity I renamed the obb to .zip, unpacked with winrar, renamed dialog.tlk to .klt, and repacked with winrar (the same process with 7z was giving me a slightly different file size for some reason).
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    Did anyone manage to mod bg games to run in 60 fps on android 12?

I managed to mod my game, dialog tlk works, mods are present but that is all by modifying files in obb folder. Data folder on android 12 shows as empty, and I can't put UI.lua (or any other file) in there to modify framerate. Thanks google.

I tried asking in a separate thread but so far no luck...
    @trinit create a M_fps.lua file and add this line "SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Maximum Frame Rate','60')" without the quotes. then place the file in the override folder, that folder should be on
    "Android/obb/com.beamdog.XXX/override" create it if it's not there.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @trinit create a M_fps.lua file and add this line "SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Maximum Frame Rate','60')" without the quotes. then place the file in the override folder, that folder should be on
    "Android/obb/com.beamdog.XXX/override" create it if it's not there.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! this worked! :)
    I created and added the file to my mod install and it's working perfectly. Interestingly enough, the game stays at 60 fps even if i remove LUA file now, guessing it sets the string once and keeps it that way. Much obliged, playing bg2 on android is viable for me once again!
  • EdwinaxEdwinax Member Posts: 32
    Hello guys and @Gusinda can you please add me modfile SCS (Sword Coast Stratagems latest version) BGIIEE 2.5.16.6 and BG1EE 2.5.17.0? (I beg you)

Languange game: Spanish.

Link: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/scs/

Im a big fan baldur gate, but rigth now i dont access pc (Job, kids, family) please make me modfile.

Thank you so much.
  • In_A_GraveyardIn_A_Graveyard Member Posts: 20
    @2k16daniel,

You mentioned a couple posts back, page 20, about rooted devices running Android 11+ not having to worry about SAF data throttling since they can use some workarounds going through data/media/0. I am unable to get into this directory within Termux. If you're still around and willing, would you be able to explain your SAF workarounds for rooted devices. The incredibly slow weinstall processes are begining to melt my brain.

I've been using your weidu distribution to much success installing mods on my Tab S7+. Some of the big mods take hours to install with the SAF data throttling so I'd be interested to here how you got around that.

Thanks!
  • heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2023
    Android modding with termux-weidu-

Weidu asked me for these when I was installing a mod.

(tisunpack-tispack-mospack-mosunpack)

i have compiled from source for android arm64

i hope it will be useful for you

unzip heatcliff-bin.zip

cd heatcliff-bin

chmod +x *

cp (all unzipped executable bin files ) to $PATH
    Post edited by heatcliff on
  • heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
    @2k16daniel,

You mentioned a couple posts back, page 20, about rooted devices running Android 11+ not having to worry about SAF data throttling since they can use some workarounds going through data/media/0. I am unable to get into this directory within Termux. If you're still around and willing, would you be able to explain your SAF workarounds for rooted devices. The incredibly slow weinstall processes are begining to melt my brain.

I've been using your weidu distribution to much success installing mods on my Tab S7+. Some of the big mods take hours to install with the SAF data throttling so I'd be interested to here how you got around that.

Thanks!

You can install the mod on another device instead of a tab s7 and transfer the override and language folders to the tablet.
    @heatcliff

Thanks for compiling those dependencies! @Agerio and I have both been meaning to get to those. The mods I'm currently working with haven't needed them, so I haven't managed it yet. When I do, though, having access to them here will be very helpful.

In regards to installing on another device and transferring, I've had much success doing mod installs on Linux and transferring in the past, but I don't currently have access to a computer. Also, my main intention has been to find the best ways to mod the ie games from within android. The main drawbacks have just been needing to compile a handful of bin dependencies with specific build targets and the slow file transfer rates.
  • OrtelimOrtelim Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2023
    (deleted)
    Post edited by Ortelim on
    Hey @Ortelim,

I won't be able to get to it tonight, but I have a pretty solid method for modding both BG1 & BG2 on Android that I will be happy to share. I have a thread on G3 that I've been trying to find the time to update. I'll put a link here and shoot you a mention when I get it updated.

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/34689-ie_android-mod-testing/
    edited April 2023
    (deleted)
    edited April 2023
    Hey @In_A_Graveyard,

I need a little help here, so I checked the thread "EET on Android" and I have already merged BGEE and SOD. I'm on the part where installing mods compatible for EET, but I don't know how to install mods on android using Termux. Was there a guide I missed on installing mods using Termux? If there is, will you do me a favor by passing me the link here.

Thank you.
    @Ortelim

You'll need to get weidu installed on your device. There are some pre-compiled binaries that @2k16daniel has hosted that I can share here:

https://github.com/2k16daniel/weidu/releases

You'll need to unzip that and place the weidu and weinstall binaries into /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin

After that you should be able to place the mod folder you wish to install into your game directory, navigate to that directory in Termux, and run weinstall modfolder (replace modfolder with the name of the mod folder).

There are some more instructions on pg. 20 of this thread if you're not familiar with getting Termux initially set-up or granting permissions. My goal is to gather most of this information into a single post when I find the time/focus for it.

In the mean time, I hope this helps!
    edited April 2023
    @In_A_Graveyard

Thanks for the response. After successfully implementing a mod, can I then delete that mod folder after the installation on the game directory or no? This will really save some storage for me if I can. Thanks!
    edited April 2023
    @Ortelim

If you don't have any plans on uninstalling or reinstalling that mod then yes but you should keep the .tp2 file inside the mod folder so that weidu can still log that mod on weidu.log
    Post edited by Agerio on
    edited April 2023
    Thanks @Agerio,

After an attempt on installing ETT, this text appeared in Termux:

Installing WBM files...
    Creating 2 directories
    CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "ffmpeg": library "libcrypto.so.3" not found
    Copying 1 file ...
    Stopping installation because of error.
    ERROR Installing [EET core (resource importation)], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 13831 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 13831 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "eet/temp/beregost.webm")
    PLEASE email the file setup-eet.debug to K4thos (swit)
    Using Language [English]

I don't know what I did wrong, please help.
    Ortelim wrote: »
    Thanks @Agerio,

After an attempt on installing ETT, this text appeared in Termux:

Installing WBM files...
    Creating 2 directories
    CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "ffmpeg": library "libcrypto.so.3" not found
    Copying 1 file ...
    ERROR Installing [EET core (resource importation)], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 13831 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 13831 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0.
    Using Language [English]

I don't know what I did wrong, please help.

Try downloading the update version below. Also try doing it on a fresh Bg2ee mod environment before installing. Let me know if you need anything. https://github.com/Maryionet/EET_Android/tree/Update
    edited April 2023
    @Agerio

I used that one, that's the only one available. EET_Android-1.0AD, right?
    Was there like an earlier version of EET on Android? Can I have a download link please. Thank you.
    edited April 2023
    @Agerio, @In_A_Graveyard

Installing WBM files...
    Creating 2 directories CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "ffmpeg": library "libcrypto.so.3" not found
    Copying 1 file ...

Will uninstall 13831 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0. Uninstalled 13831 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0.
    Using Language [English]

Install Component [EET core (resource importation)]
    nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [EET core (resource importation)] [V13.4]
    INTERACTIVE = 1
    LANGUAGE = en_US
    argv[0] = %argv[0]%
    argv[1] = %argv[1]%
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    LANGUAGE_BG2 = en_US
    Creating 1 directory Copying 1 file ...
    Copying and patching 2 files ...
    /storage/emulated/0/Documents/bgee directory assigned via eet/bgee_dir.txt
    Copying and patching 1 file ... Copying and patching 1 file ...
    LANGUAGE_BG1 = en_US
    17 BG:EE mods detected. Checking compatibility...

DLCMERGER BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected BG1UB BG:EE component detected

TLK merging...
    Copying 1 file ...
    [weidu] WeiDU version 24900

tlk_start = 103583; tlk_end = 271583
    ERROR: No translation provided for @103583

Will uninstall 1 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1 files for [eet/eet.tp2] component 0.
    ERROR: Not_found
    Using Language [English]

Still the same Error. ☹️😦😭
    edited April 2023
    @Ortelim

Are you using the play store version of termux? If so then try using the latest one here https://github.com/termux/termux-app/releases then update the packages by entering "apt update && pkg upgrade" without the quotes.

I hope this helps.
    edited April 2023
    Thank you @Agerio, it worked!

The instructions didn't say you had to do a pkg upgrade too, just said pkg update. And I thought, I guess that's only for updating Termux to the latest version and I installed mine from F-droid. But after the end, it said "installed EET with warning” that's it. Is that fine? Also, can I delete this bgee folder since I've successfully installed EET on bg2ee folder? Why is the bgee folder size 8.44 GB and the bg2ee folder only 6.81 GB, when the one I'm going to be keeping is bg2ee, did I do this wrong or was it just because it got compressed? Thank you again.
    edited April 2023
    @Ortelim

Yes Pkg/apt update should suffice but in your case I added pkg upgrade to make sure all the packages are upgraded at there latest versions.

The EET warnings are just UI pattern warnings which afaik is not game breaking but because of that make sure you install lefreuit's UI Soo you can switch campaigns.

Yes you can delete bgee folder also Don't worry about the file size difference. It's largely due to "sod-dlc.disabled" on the bgee folder, compression via biffing and other files that EET didn't transfer to bg2ee.

Happy modding.
    Post edited by Agerio on
    edited April 2023
    @Agerio,
    @In_A_Graveyard,

I'm having difficulty accessing this 2 Baldur's Gate mod sites, PPG and SHS. When SHS works PPG doesn't, vise versa or both of them does not work. Sometimes turning off ad block and DNS helps for SHS, does not work with my other browser, had to use chrome for this one. As for PPG, just randomly become available. Some of the mods were not stored on Github. Is there something I need to know to consistently access these sites? Also, am I not to delete the mod folders if I haven't done Biffing and Transfer yet? Thank you.

Thanks.
    @Ortelim Unfortunately you'll just have to cross your fingers for PPG. For SHS I just switch to desktop mode on chrome and clear the cookies before refreshing and connecting to the site.
    am I not to delete the mod folders if I haven't done Biffing and Transfer yet?
    Yes
    edited April 2023
    Hi I'm back @Agerio,

I need help please! After several attempts, many errors, I realized this is impossible or gonna take a really long time to complete (because I wanted to install some of the big mods) but with a tool—it will do all the work for you and so I decided I would use a tool. The thing is... how do I actually use a mod manager for a mobile game directory? All these mod install orders I looked up for are either outdated or lacking the mods I wanted,. First I tried Project Infinity, does not save or accept the path I input. For EE Setup Tool - It keeps on asking for Baldur.exe, I don't know what to do. Do I need a desktop version of BGEE in order for this to work?

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it!
    Hello @Ortelim

I won't be able to help on that one sadly for I lack a PC to test project infinity Soo I'm gonna call a fellow modder @Gusinda on this one.