Skip to content

Imoen Romance V3.0 Release

Comments

• Sarevok08Sarevok08 Member Posts: 78
    Is there negative consequences for pushing her that one time? I don't think so.
    Keep pushing/encouraging behaviours, except consequences.

I don't think you miss much if anything. I think she just gets angry at you, but keep in mind the first part of this post.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    As I recall, I didn't push Imoen too hard about the scars, but I did get to a point where I was able to make her remember what actually transpired.
    This is assuming this is regarding the scar left by the goblin attack during your childhood, not the scars Imoen receives from Irenicus.
    I haven't delved too deeply into the dialogue trees of this mod, but it's possible that your particular approach to Imoen will alter how she reacts either to your romance or friendship. (For example, there are outcomes where you can "harden" Imoen so she's more accepting of Evil actions. There's even a path where you can convince Imoen to embrace the Bhaalspawn taint and learn how to transform into the Slayer herself.)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Any link to download the latest version of Imoen Romance mod ?
    Mordekaie wrote: »
    Any link to download the latest version of Imoen Romance mod ?

The latest version can always be downloaded here: http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/downloads.php
  • gmantimcgmantimc Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone! Loving the mod so far but had a quick question. After I killed Bodhi in Chapter 6, Imoen brings up the conversation about talking about what happened in private but the conversation ends there and Imoen doesn't start another conversation until Chapter 7 where she says she can't face Irenicus. Throughout this time the ImoenRomanceActive global remains at 1. Is this correct or did something bug out? Thank you!
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2022
    She only talks to you "in private" after you take her and charname away from the party, like on another end of the map. So yes, you missed some content.

But also I think that particular conversation should have happened way earlier. Did you already talk about your "relationship status" before facing Bodhi?
  • gmantimcgmantimc Member Posts: 2
    She only talks to you "in private" after you take her and charname away from the party, like on another end of the map. So yes, you missed some content.

But also I think that particular conversation should have happened way earlier. Did you already talk about your "relationship status" before facing Bodhi?

I don't remember... I have a saved game prior to fighting Bodhi and after using the C:AdvanceRealTime command a bunch no additional conversations appeared. Let me look into it. Thank you so much for the help!
  • PsiryuPsiryu Member Posts: 14
    It's not a timer, you have to go to an outside area (I think any non-dungeon areas count), move far away from the rest of your party and manually initiate dialogue with Imoen.
    Psiryu is correct.

I believe the threshold is basically outside of Imoen's vision circle (where she removes the fog of war), to be considered out of earshot of the other party members.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 210
    edited October 2022
    A bug between this mod and The Longer Road was reported here:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/61610-tiny-issue-with-romance/

• zoharzohar Member Posts: 25
    Is this still working on 2.6?
    As far as I'm aware. I've not tested recently, but I believe everything was working correctly.
  • IrisvielIrisviel Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2023
    Is it possible to find older wersion of this mod somewhere? I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in right direction.

I had ver. 3.6, it worked fine. But version 4.1 seems to be for for 64 bit windows only, and I reeeally dont wanna swap my windows just for this(
    Unfortunately, I've foolishly deleted version that I had already, so now I'm stuck without working mod
    Post edited by Irisviel on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Irisviel wrote: »
    Is it possible ti find older wersion of this mod somewhere? I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in right direction.

I had ver. 3.6, it worked fine. But version 4.1 seems to be for for 64 bit windows only, and I reeeally dont wanna swap my windows just for this(
    Unfortunately, I've foolishly deleted version that I had already, so now I'm stuck without working mod

The setup binary for this (and basically any other) mod is just a renamed WeiDU executable.

You can easily rename/replace it with a setup binary from another mod that still works for you. Alternatively download the WeiDU package for your platform directly from the WeiDU release page and extract the weidu.exe from the downloaded archive. Rename the binary to "setup-imoenRomance.exe" for this mod.
  • IrisvielIrisviel Member Posts: 2
    argent77 wrote: »
    Irisviel wrote: »
    Is it possible ti find older wersion of this mod somewhere? I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in right direction.

The setup binary for this (and basically any other) mod is just a renamed WeiDU executable.

You can easily rename/replace it with a setup binary from another mod that still works for you. Alternatively download the WeiDU package for your platform directly from the WeiDU release page and extract the weidu.exe from the downloaded archive. Rename the binary to "setup-imoenRomance.exe" for this mod.

Wow! Thanks a lot, that really helped!
    Thanks for that @argent77, I was going to take that on a completely different track, but seems like you knew what was going on.
  • ImmersionBrokenImmersionBroken Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I really need help with this problem or bug.

So basically, my PC romanced Aerie in SOA and it continues to TOB, but the problem here is, Imoen (who is a friend to my PC in this playthrough with a variable of 4) somehow still falls in love with Aerie and starts the love talks to the point I reached the Wish portion of the conversation. I even picked the dialogue in which my PC encouraged Imoen to stop before it gets worse but she still went and did it. It really broke my immersion and does not line up with the love talks with my PC (and it's getting near to that conclusion too). I really thought that Imoen knowing I romanced Aerie way before Spellhold will prevent any of this from happening but somehow it still did happen.

Anyone have any idea or knows how to solve this problem or bug? EEKeeper save editing to just cut the dialogue prevent any more of these from starting in regards to the Imoen-Aerie romance?
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    Anyone have any idea or knows how to solve this problem or bug? EEKeeper save editing to just cut the dialogue prevent any more of these from starting in regards to the Imoen-Aerie romance?

I'm checking the dialogue file for that chain of talks. If you tell her to stop it, the global IRTImAerWishYes should be set to 2. If you tell her to go ahead, is set to 1. I can't find any follow up banter to any of them, but the way those variables work is that they decide whether Aerie's epilogue gets axed and Imoen's shows their story together or as friends.

I can only come up with two ideas: either your installation went fucky and wrongly scripted your "don't" replies set the global to 1 instead of 2, or you choose an ambivalent reply like "It's your lives. You need to decide for yourself in this.", which leads to them going ahead and setting the global to 1 anyway.

Additionally but related, I'm not 100% sure but seems like this chain of dialogues doesn't check for the case that Charname might have romanced Aerie at any point (either in script or narrative*). It might get checked somewhere else, or it might be an oversight that ends up allows this situation.

You could try using CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("IRTImAerWishYes","GLOBAL",2) and see if that fixes anything.

*A sign of plans for the possibility of a polycule between CN, Imoen and Aerie? Let's raise a cup for our fallen polyamorous brothers and sisters.
    Is there any vanilla npcs that you would suggest taking when playing Imoen romance? For example I saw Jaheira complains about you and Imoen together, but I wonder about the other vanilla npc.

Also, any custom npc mod that you would suggest using together with imoen romance ?
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Is there any vanilla npcs that you would suggest taking when playing Imoen romance? For example I saw Jaheira complains about you and Imoen together, but I wonder about the other vanilla npc.
    Aerie gets the most content, whether you romance Imoen or not.

Other than that, all Bioware romanceable characters get a dialogue about the dreams before Spellhold, and everyone gets to say their piece after the Underdark.
    Also, any custom npc mod that you would suggest using together with imoen romance ?
    I was going to say the Crossmod Banter mod would have something for that, but, huh, turns out it only has a bit to kill multi-romances for it.
    Thanks Connelly. Have a nice day.
    Hello, I've got a request. I want to go straight to save Imoen, but I still wish to use some "custom" npc mod that requires for you to finish the optional questline before getting the npc.

Any particular quest where imoen doesn't chime in or banter? In particular, I'm curious about the Unseen Eye quest and the shadow dragon quest.
    Pretty sure she has comments for all vanilla quests, although I can't think of any particular exceptions right now. And when you kill dragons, but the only one she has an specific comment is Adalon (something Imoen is *not* enthused about).
    You know, the worst part is that I don't remember imoen having any banter at all if you didn't install this mod. I'm planning, in fact, to use English for the mod added content just to see what is added and what is not.

Thanks for the help.
    Should I install the improved Imoen-player interactions from the mod "Ascension" while using Imoen romance? I went for no, but I would like to still ask.
    Should I install the improved Imoen-player interactions from the mod "Ascension" while using Imoen romance? I went for no, but I would like to still ask.
    The readme mentions compatibility with Ascension, so I'm reasonably sure there shouldn't be any problem.
    Played and finished the mod. The mod list was really slim but I still had a few issues with dialogues popping up in the wrong place (a couple, but I forgot to write them) or too late (for example, Imoen telling me about the taint while we were in the endfight, rather than before and getting a bonus stat for that).

I checked the files and I noticed that there are a lot of dialogues that I don't even know how to unlock - for example I saw that you can
    share your essence with Imoen and become both Gods, or actually you becoming God and having Imoen linked to you, but I got 0 clues on how to unlock these scenarios

Said what I said in the spoiler, I'm starting to think that the issues lies on the fact that the dialogues, rather than being set by time passed or time in game, should be based on events. So, as soon as there is an event happening, you get the dialogue.

Currently, I feel like I've probably missed more a lot of content, like a good 60% of dialogues, at least judging from the sheer amount of stuff inside the .tra.

NOTE: I'm talking about Throne of Bhaal, not Shadows of Amn.

Shadows of Amn was perfect.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 245
    Played and finished the mod. The mod list was really slim but I still had a few issues with dialogues popping up in the wrong place (a couple, but I forgot to write them) or too late (for example, Imoen telling me about the taint while we were in the endfight, rather than before and getting a bonus stat for that).

I checked the files and I noticed that there are a lot of dialogues that I don't even know how to unlock - for example I saw that you can
    share your essence with Imoen and become both Gods, or actually you becoming God and having Imoen linked to you, but I got 0 clues on how to unlock these scenarios

Said what I said in the spoiler, I'm starting to think that the issues lies on the fact that the dialogues, rather than being set by time passed or time in game, should be based on events. So, as soon as there is an event happening, you get the dialogue.

Currently, I feel like I've probably missed more a lot of content, like a good 60% of dialogues, at least judging from the sheer amount of stuff inside the .tra.

NOTE: I'm talking about Throne of Bhaal, not Shadows of Amn.

Shadows of Amn was perfect.

Maybe said endings are bugged or were cut?

If so then I wonder if its possible to fix or restore such content.
    edited February 28
    I don't have an install ready here to test it, but those endings should work. In fact, the first one mentioned in the spoiler was the first ending I got with the mod. There might be something else playing hell with the mod. Maybe a matter of the install order?