Skip to content

Imoen Romance V3.0 Release

Comments

• kirkuleskirkules Member Posts: 5
    Yes I run it on wine/mint the older versions however did this flawless... I played v. 2+ before (about 2 years ago) without hickup.. Would it be possible that you upload an older version and I try that?
  • elyonelyon Member Posts: 36
    Not sure i can easily find an older version.

in the meantime you can try deleting these lines from Setup.ImoenRomance.tp2

ALWAYS
    ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY tra_reload BEGIN setup END
    LAF HANDLE_CHARSETS
    INT_VAR
    infer_charset = 1
    STR_VAR
    tra_path = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/tra~
    reload_array = tra_reload
    END
    END

and then try installing.
    That did it... Thank you so much..
  • zoharzohar Member Posts: 25
    Trying a new playthrough with IR 4.0. Is this version of the mod playing nice with the other updated ones? (
    especially Ascension, SCS, NPC mods and banter mods)

Reading the commentaries it seems the romance is easy to break. Is there a guide for it?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-of-bg2ee-compatible-mods

You can check most mods and what order they need to be installed in the link thread.. This IR 4.0 isn't on that list since Liam has a dislike for it.. So much he wrote a Imoen friendship mod.. I know this mod conflict with imoen interjection from other mods, this include the imoen interjections in ascention - you need to Uninstall that bit/ change that part in your ascention setup.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    his contempt for imoen romance more comes from the pre rewrite. it's fine now.

and the latest version fixed the ascension issue. you still need to not install the imoen part of iep tho.
  • zoharzohar Member Posts: 25
    Thanks, my friends. I know the infamy this mod has with some players. Just wanted to be sure this works as intended.

Talking about that, this mod seems pretty "fragile" on the romance part (as blocked if you don't pay attention), is there a guide for it or some tips on the critical parts?
    the so called infamy has died down since 2012. if anything it's considered a very good mod that expands on imoen.
    zohar wrote: »
    Thanks, my friends. I know the infamy this mod has with some players. Just wanted to be sure this works as intended.

Talking about that, this mod seems pretty "fragile" on the romance part (as blocked if you don't pay attention), is there a guide for it or some tips on the critical parts?

Romance is bit tricky.. In soa you need 2 dreams atleast before going to spell hold (easy enough) and you need to to pay attention on underdark exit..-the campfire scene might have to be played a few times to get it right (basically if you admit your feelings for her-pre campfire- you screw it too)
    You need MRTalk to be 10 or more at underdark exit (you can check using eekeeper) similar you can check romance doesn't get screwed with eekeeper.
    Tob runs in 3 different directions based on alignment and on /if aerie is in your party..

Vanatos/elyon said it has multiple endings and include her breaking it up with you if your "lovemeter" is too low.. /if you make her embrace the taint..
    I think that covers most of the spoilers
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2020
    Is there any way to disable the music? I like the mod but I'd rather not have the music (I want to disable this mod's music while keeping the original game music).

I looked through the thread but couldn't find a definitive answer.

EDIT: Figured it out! The .ogg files had been converted to .WAV and were in the override folder. Deleting them worked just fine with no bugs.

Just want to comment that I appreciate the mod! Very well-written.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2020
    Why did the PidTreesQuarrels.d file completely disappear from the mod during the last update? There were almost 400 lines of dialogue, were they removed on purpose or by mistake?
  • elyonelyon Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2020
    Oops that my fault, i uploaded WIP version without pidtreesquarrels because that was the last dialogue i had to check against the endings.

Unfortunately its not completely clear to me if the quarrels play logically with the endings with aerie, in the quarrels the romance would just end if done incorrectly, although it seemed like it should affect the endings with aerie but i dont know the original writers intention so ill have to leave it as it is.

Ive uploaded it with it now.
  • TimothyJTimothyJ Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! I recently installed the game and installed this mod since I played the original version by Lord MIrabbo way back.

I've run into a problem though: at the Elf camp, Imoen says she could spend all day there, but later when things aren't as crazy. If I talk to her before resting, she talks about her scars. This conversation turns into the first 10 years of her life.

The most likely problem is that I didn't install it correctly the first time and installed it to the folder with my saved games. This means I never had the dreams.

When Bodhi puts me in the maze in Spellhold, I installed it correctly. The dialogues were triggered at this point in both Spellhold and the Underdark. I was even able to tell Imoen about the dreams and the romantic aspects of them.

I've installed EE Keeper and MRLoveTalk was 10.

IS there anything I should look at and update to fix this? Or will I have to restart the game with it installed properly? I'd rather not since I've put so many hours into the game already!

Thanks!
  • AtiseAtise Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2020
    You can try to add the Global variable about the dreams. see if it works

start a new game and get the dreams, then use EE Keeper to add the variables to your savegames

Otherwise I think you'll need to start a new game

from my old savegame i have following variables for dreams about Imoen:
    IMOENDREAM1
    IMOENDREAMROMANCE1
    IMOENDREAMROMANCE2
    IMOENDREAMROMANCE3
    TimothyJ wrote: »
    IS there anything I should look at and update to fix this? Or will I have to restart the game with it installed properly? I'd rather not since I've put so many hours into the game already!

Just finished TOB, and the romance with Imoen went nowhere for me (even though I tried my best to cultivate it) I have some spoiler-filled questions trying to determine what went wrong.
    Imoen and my CHARNAME made love at the campfire scene when we came out of the Underdark. But immediately afterward, Imoen was upset and said that it was a mistake. I assumed that there would still be opportunities for the romance to continue, but it never happened. I'm sure the mod was active during TOB due to all the additional dialogue and commentary Imoen had, but there was *zero* romance. The subject never came up at all despite the fact that I was always careful to be supportive of Imoen and choose the "right" dialogue options.

So what gives? What did I do wrong?

FWIW, my character was neutral evil (not sure if that makes a difference).
    there is supposed to be one last love talk after imoen gets her soul back. did you get the bodi nap scene?[ /spoiler]

this happened to me as well first time i used the mod a year ago something just caused it to break.
    @megamike15
    No Bodhi nap scene. Kept Imoen in my party as soon as I rescued her from Spellhold throughout the rest of the game. I did definitely get additional dialogue from this mod (eg her backstory with Winthrop and her mom), but nothing special when Bodhi died except maybe a comment about how she felt better with her soul back or something.
    the romance must have broken somehow then.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I have noticed romances in general are hard to gauge in BG2. There really should be a quick and dirty flirt test to verify the state. Perhaps a positive response if the romance is on and a "Smurf off, keep smurfing off; smurf off until you reach a gate that says 'Thou shalt not smurf off past this point' - then hop that fence, dream the impossible dream, and keep smurfing off forever." if not.

(Yes, I did steal that, but it was awesome and I laughed way too long)
  • JarveyJarvey Member Posts: 31
    @tl1942 What, if any, other mods are you using besides IR? An incompatibility or conflict could be the issue here. Also in my experience IR works best when it is installed after most every other mod.
    what is supposed to happen is
    you get a camp scene alittle bit after starting chapter 6 and after that you get the scene that makes the romance start. ie kissing imoen after you both wake up.
    edited September 2020
    @megamike15 FWIW, I *did* get that scene at the start of chapter 6. My issue is that it went nowhere after that. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1146781/#Comment_1146781
    She was upset at the end of camp scene, said it was a mistake, and that we "shouldn't do this." Actually, now that I think of it, she referenced the fact that she broke it off with me later in the game, maybe even in TOB...saying something to the effect of "We did the right thing by not being together." I figured it was part of the Imoen Romance "main story" and that there would be an opportunity to rekindle things later.

I was extremely careful, always had her in my party at all times, always chose "good" supportive options in Imoen dialogue throughout the entire game...

I wonder if the fact that my CHARNAME was evil and chose evil responses played a role. There were times when I would give the "evil" response to a question she'd ask, and then she'd say I was weird and liked killing or something. I was careful not to let my reputation get too low (by donating to temples). It stayed at "Disliked" throughout.

@Jarvey PPE, SCS, Dragonspear UI++, Cosmetic Enhancements, Unfinished Business, Banter Pack, and a few fixes to individual files (stoneskin color fix, etc). Only SCS and Dragonspear UI++ were installed after IR.
    edited September 2020
    yeah i think that may have broken the romance. you need to be careful what you say to her as it's very easy to break it.
    Post edited by megamike15 on
  • mademan2mademan2 Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2020
    Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but it sure seems like a bug so I figured id "report" it.

So, after you exist Underdark and have the camping event, if you tell Imoen that her music sucks and she gets annoyed and stops, it seems to immidiately trigger a different evening event, where she talks about her scars. I assume that could mess things up.

If its indended then dont mind me, but it certainly doesnt seem like it, the screen goes black and it comes to a conversation of you two and it doesnt mention you disliking her music at all.

Other than that, as hard as it is sometimes to keep track of the romance and keep it on track, the mod is amazing, thank you for all your hard work :)

Oh and, many people seemed to bring up the music, I think now its perfect volume and honestly its all around fantastic, especially at the camp scene it really drew me in.
    edited September 2020
    Damn it, I thought I was in the clear, but after the camp event I have not had a single interaction with Imoen, even skipped some time in game to see if anything will trigger but nothing. I have MRLoveTalk at 10 and RomanceActive at 1 even after we kissed during the camp event, but nothing else is happening.
    Is it time gated or do I need to go to Baldurs Gate or some such?
    Or I possibly have issue like others here, after the kiss she said that it was a mistake and that she cant do this etc., however it said that she seemingly needs more time to sort out her feelings so I thought I was ok.

Thanks for help.
    tl1942 wrote: »
    @megamike15 FWIW, I *did* get that scene at the start of chapter 6. My issue is that it went nowhere after that. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1146781/#Comment_1146781
    She was upset at the end of camp scene, said it was a mistake, and that we "shouldn't do this." Actually, now that I think of it, she referenced the fact that she broke it off with me later in the game, maybe even in TOB...saying something to the effect of "We did the right thing by not being together." I figured it was part of the Imoen Romance "main story" and that there would be an opportunity to rekindle things later.

I was extremely careful, always had her in my party at all times, always chose "good" supportive options in Imoen dialogue throughout the entire game...

I wonder if the fact that my CHARNAME was evil and chose evil responses played a role. There were times when I would give the "evil" response to a question she'd ask, and then she'd say I was weird and liked killing or something. I was careful not to let my reputation get too low (by donating to temples). It stayed at "Disliked" throughout.

@Jarvey PPE, SCS, Dragonspear UI++, Cosmetic Enhancements, Unfinished Business, Banter Pack, and a few fixes to individual files (stoneskin color fix, etc). Only SCS and Dragonspear UI++ were installed after IR.

I seemingly have the same issue, and my reputation has been positive my whole playthrough, at 14-15 while she was in the party so I cant see that being an issue.
    Tho if you were mean to her that could be part of it, tho I have been nice to her, even reloading the conversations and checking the variables, but im stuck all the same :(
    edited September 2020
    I will go ahead and try not kissing her after the camp event, maybe its still too fast?

Yea, no if you do not kiss her, the romance variable changes to 4 making you just friends again. The proceeding conversation triggers fine but its just friendly from then on.

So there must be something that gets messed up during or after the camp event.

I only have very few mods specificaly so that nothing conflicted. I have Sirene and Isra NPC mods, the flirt mod and Imoen romance mod that I installed last.

I have ben a relatively good boy and have rep of 14 or so throghout the playthrough and been nice to her overall. The only other thing that could be relevant is that I have romanceactive2 with Viconia as well (as I have never done it before) but I have installed the mod so that there are no conflicts and the camp scene triggered regardless.

I also tried out all the results of the camp scene, but all the ones that lead to a kiss also lead to her being upset in the morning :(
    All the variable seem to be fine but nothing is simply happening.
  • JarveyJarvey Member Posts: 31
    mademan2 wrote: »
    I also tried out all the results of the camp scene, but all the ones that lead to a kiss also lead to her being upset in the morning :(

That's meant to happen. She's not ready to confront her feelings yet, but I can understand why you would think you're locked into a bad path or broke something. It could have been a bit more clearer here.

As for what's meant to happen afterward:
    After the kiss, the romance won't continue until after you've defeated Bodhi. Around ~24 in-game hours after that, you should get prompted by Imoen to talk out your feelings in private.

If you went through with the kiss back at camp and don't get prompted after this point, then there's a good chance something broke. If you didn't go through with the kiss then you're locked into the friendship path and the romance won't happen.
    edited October 2020
    Jarvey wrote: »
    mademan2 wrote: »

That's meant to happen. She's not ready to confront her feelings yet, but I can understand why you would think you're locked into a bad path or broke something. It could have been a bit more clearer here.

As for what's meant to happen afterward:
    After the kiss, the romance won't continue until after you've defeated Bodhi. Around ~24 in-game hours after that, you should get prompted by Imoen to talk out your feelings in private.

If you went through with the kiss back at camp and don't get prompted after this point, then there's a good chance something broke. If you didn't go through with the kiss then you're locked into the friendship path and the romance won't happen.

Oh ok, thank god I was ready to go into my last resort decisions, trying to uninstall the flirt pack or replay the game :D Hopefully you are right, ill come back to confirm it.
    Man I really feel this mod could benefit from some expanded readme or a guide as it is really easy to stumble even if you don tspecifical mess up in any conversations, maybe ill try to put something quick together if I manage to finish ToB with it.
    Thank you so much for answer.

Edit: Yes a new conversation triggers after about 24 hours and you have to go aside with her and talk to her using F1. What a conversation that is too.
    Post edited by mademan2 on
    Another question, sorry for the number of posts.
    After the romance was successfuly triggered, I only had one talk, the one about her scars where you can talk about whether or not she was in Candlekeep her whole life, if you push it she will be very disturbed by the conversation, however leaving it as is didnt feel like the right thing to do.

Neither of the outcomes change the variables and since then there was no talk triggered by Imoen, tho I have talked to her many times through the "flirt" talks that wary depending on time and place.

Is there supposed to be continuation after this? Is it gated by a story progress? I am cleaning up some quests and have yet to go to the Elf capital, but that is pretty much the end of the game. Does this only continue in ToB?

Thanks for answers :)