Skip to content

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BG:EE (and BGT and EET) - Download

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited July 2022
    Wenric, the Farmer at the Zombie Farmlands, talks about disturbances related to the Fields of the Dead. After the conversation, the Wood of the Dead is added to my World Map. Is that intended, or should it have added the Field on the Dead instead?

The Wood of the Dead is pretty close to the Zombie Farmlands, but it doesn't seem to be reachable from the Zombie Farmlands, from Wyrm's Crossing (BG Bridge), or from the Fishing Village (Ajantis' location).

In Larswood, in the room that Haeball is in, the table area seems to be locked, and it cannot be lock picked or opened by conventional means. However, I can simply loot the place without problem.

I did notice there were two trap areas on top of it, not one, so maybe it's two containers overlapping?

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently, it's related to the Key I found a lot earlier.
    Post edited by Thels on
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    I Think you need a key for the desk by Haeball. I have a vague hunch, that it may be in a tree om the map just south of Beregost.
    I Think you need a key for the desk by Haeball. I have a vague hunch, that it may be in a tree om the map just south of Beregost.

Yeah, I just realized that. If I place that key on the ground, I can no longer access the contents.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Super.

The Zombies and the mod has a coonection of some sorts. But I think only by the reference.
    Super.

The Zombies and the mod has a coonection of some sorts. But I think only by the reference.
    After completing the Zombie quest, the farmer talks about the Fields of the Dead, and then the Woods of the Dead are added to the world map, so there's definitely something happening here. I'm just wondering if it's intended that the Woods get revealed, rather than the Fields.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    The scripting looks like it's really meant to reveal AR01PB but I agree that revealing the Field of the Dead would make more sense.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited July 2022

I have got this far:

7fe7dtxhg86m.jpg

I went to that area but cannot find the cave where the demons are. (Discovered that bit via Google search)

I didn't start with Shaella in front of the Magic Varieties tent. Therefore the quest could be broken.

However I wanted to see if I could enter the Solitary Valley if it had been triggered. I don't know if it has. Hence my question concerning its coordinates.

Note: I haven't even returned to Candlekeep yet. Perhaps if I do things might get sorted.

EDIT

I went to Candlekeep without entering and returned to The Fire Leaf area. Now the entrance is clearly visible on the map of the area. Not sure if I looked at that map on my previous visit. It might have been there all along.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited July 2022
    The mod was revised and many old walkthroughs are no longer fitting. Having to do quests in certain specific order is no longer true. I spent 8 weeks full time revising NTotSC so quests wouldn't break like this and it's really frustrating that people keep on spreading the rumor.

What do you mean with "I went to that area but cannot find the cave where the demons are."? The entrance to the mod added area is in Fire Leaf Forest area in the very south, where the two streams of water enclose a small isle. The entrance will be there after talking to Oupaste and getting that journal entry (variable "Global("NTTalkedToOupaste","GLOBAL",1)"), plus a mapnote. If you found the mod added valley, the entrance to the cave should be on the east. I see from the journal entry that you've been to the Fire Leaf Forest before, before getting the hint from Oupaste. Is that true?

If there is no map note and no cave entrance for you on the Fire Leaf Forest, then my scripting is bad. In the Fire Leaf Forest area, what is the variable "Global("NTCaveOpen","AR5300")" at? It should be "2". (For EET, it's BG5300)
    edited July 2022
    @jastey Thanks. I have just returned again and the entrance to the valley is now obvious. I'll edit my previous post so that it doesn't confuse anyone. I have now spoken to the tanarii.

I am just wondering. Can the quest be completed by killing them? With my party of Lawful Good characters that would seem to have been the normal procedure. I can't see Ajantis being upset by that option, though waiting until we can cast cloudkill would seem wise.
    Killing or not the Tanarii should make no difference for solving teh quest.
    It's a bit sudden anyway, because once you have the book and/or kill the leader of the Black Hand(?), some mod characters turn hostile which might seem a bit sudden.
    edited July 2022
    Thanks. I like to role play as much as possible. Looks like the problem is now solved. :) It's the first time that I have attempted this quest though I have had the mod installed for a while.
    edited July 2022
    jastey wrote: »
    The scripting looks like it's really meant to reveal AR01PB but I agree that revealing the Field of the Dead would make more sense.

The thing is, the Wood of the Dead looks like its right next to the Zombie Farmlands, but it doesn't seem to be reachable from any location. Having a location become visible on the map, but with no way to actually reach it leads to frustration, as it leaves the user trying to figure out how to reach it until they give up...

Another small thing I noticed regarding Officer Tytus at the Cloakwood Mines:
    The Umber Hulk Plate +1 that he drops comes pre-identified.
    Post edited by Thels on
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Planning to include this mod in my next EET playthrough (along with a bunch of other quest mods ...)

What do you think about the NPC O'Hara ? Would you recommand this NPC ?

I am still worrying about the items ...Are they OP or the last releases have done something about it ?
    The NPC included in NTotSC is a basic BG1 NPC: he has a joining dialogue, some interjections in Beregost (his hometown), a special weapon, and that's about it. If you are interested in NPCs for their story and dialogues, this is not an NPC I would recommmend.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    I am looking for recommandation about this component :

10 - Improved Lesser Fiends

Any problem with SCS ?
    I don't think so.
    edited November 2022
    Thels wrote: »
    Wenric, the Farmer at the Zombie Farmlands, talks about disturbances related to the Fields of the Dead. After the conversation, the Wood of the Dead is added to my World Map. Is that intended, or should it have added the Field on the Dead instead?

The Wood of the Dead is pretty close to the Zombie Farmlands, but it doesn't seem to be reachable from the Zombie Farmlands, from Wyrm's Crossing (BG Bridge), or from the Fishing Village (Ajantis' location).

In Larswood, in the room that Haeball is in, the table area seems to be locked, and it cannot be lock picked or opened by conventional means. However, I can simply loot the place without problem.

I did notice there were two trap areas on top of it, not one, so maybe it's two containers overlapping?

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently, it's related to the Key I found a lot earlier.

If you go to the Woods of the Dead myou meet Koldar who directs you to the Fields of the Dead.
    edited November 2022
    @Thels
    There are a number of items that come pre-identified. That's no big deal to me.

I am having a problem. After rescuing Reedrig, he is not where he should be in Ulgoth's Beard. ( I have played the mod before in Tutu) I thought that iI could perhaps create him but was unable to find his creation file, probably not Reed*.cre as you would expect. If anyone knows a work-around I would be grateful.

Installation using EET

EDIT

I know that Reedrig only arrives if you have killed Aec' Letec. I have but my journal doesn't recognise the fact! :(

EDIT 2

Upon returning to Ulgoth's Beard I discovered that I hadn't spoken to Hurgan after killing Aec' Letec, thus finishing that quest.
    That could be the reason why Reedrig hasn't appeared.

Therefore if anyone knows his creation file's name, I would be grateful.
    Reedrig's cre code is "ntreedri". If he doesn#t want to talk to you, set SetGlobal("NTTalkedToReedig","GLOBAL",2) per cheat.
    Him not spawning in Ulgoth's Beart is a bug that feels like a hell loop. No matter how many times I think I fixed it, it's still there. I'm playing BG:EE myself currently so hopefully I'll see the problem when confronted with it myself.
    Just to make sure: The Arc' Letec demon is dead, yes?

I think the zombie farmer revealing the Wood of the Dead is wanted behavior. At least the order (Wood of the dead first, then Fields of the Dead) feels correct in this case. The area not being reachable seems not to be wanted behavior. It is flagged as an area that can be reached by neighboring areas, but these seem to be mod areas (Fields of the Dead, Northern Woods, Northern Citadel).
    edited November 2022
    Thanks. He didn't want to talk.

Aec' Letec is indeed dead though I killed some of the cultists so he didn't come back to life as many times as he might have.

I'm wondering if I might not have used the most up to date mod. I'll check later.

This is what I get upon setting the global.

0mweoedgvlz3.jpg

I'll have a look at EEkeeper to see if the Global is now correct.

It wasn't but now is via EEkeeper. Thank you very much for the prompt reply. Now at the Citadel. We'll wait and see how things work out.

I now realise that I should have used C:SetGlobal("NTTalkedToReedig","GLOBAL",2) My fault.
    edited November 2022
    The full cheat code would have been:
    C:SetGlobal("NTTalkedToReedig","GLOBAL",2)

Sorry, I assumed the "C:" is a known thing for the cheat console
    EDIT: I see now you wrote this yourself. Missed this.
    edited November 2022
    The full cheat code would have been:
    C:SetGlobal("NTTalkedToReedig","GLOBAL",2)

Sorry, I assumed the "C:" is a known thing for the cheat console
    EDIT: I see now you wrote this yourself. Missed this.

That part OK but now Nadalin hasn't turned up. :(

The skipper told me to look near where the fire salamanders were, but I can't find him. :(

566f9vxfkt9i.jpg

I have found him before in the dim and distant past. [In the days of Tutu] If I remember correctly, finding him wasn't hard.

He should be near the cave?
    Did you tell Nadalin in BG city that his fishing grounds are safe again?
    Did you tell Nadalin in BG city that his fishing grounds are safe again?

No. I don't think that I have met him once, but I could be wrong.
    Then that's what you'll have to do. He'll return to his boat then and will take the group to the Salamander Island from there.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 39
    I just played through a mega-mod run through of BGEE with a ton of quest mods and a bunch of other fun stuff, including Dark Side of the Sword Coast EE version & North Tales of the Sword Coast EE version. I was able to complete all of the quests, no problem & did not encounter any bugs for NTotSC. And only one for DSotSC which I reported in that thread.

If you can believe, I have been playing BG for 22 years now (since 2000) with tons of mods over the years and this was the first time I ever played through NTotSC. I can say that I had an absolute blast!! Thank god for readme's and various other instructions that helped me to figure out how to start and complete all of the quests as the general flow of things wasn't always obvious, but overall I loved the mod.
    Thanks for the feedback!
    NtotSC was revised by a lot of people, I myself worked mainly on adding journal entries and more dialogue options to prevent people to get stuck. It was already a lot of work but it is true that the mod still has some edges. I am glad you enjoyed it.
  • ZorutarZorutar Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone,

just quick question (sorry for mabey stupid ask). Is it correct that this mod (NTotSC) already contains full original TotSC (Tales of the Sword Coast) expantion?

Thank you for feedback and help.
    @Zorutar No, the mod NTotSC has nothing to do with the official Add On campaign Tales of the Sword Coast.