Skip to content

Android BG1EE.2.6.6.10, BGSOD.2.6.6.10 & BG2EE.2.6.6.10 Modfiles

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
edited December 2022 in General Modding
Hi All,

A forumite, @Komorac, made a request to redo the modfiles in this discussion for the BG series 2.6.6.10.

The links for the downloads are below and WeiDU.logs attached.

BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac.zip (~ 53MB Packed, 190MB Unpacked)

BG1EE-SOD.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac.zip (~ 55MB Packed, 200MB Unpacked)

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac.zip (~ 55MB Packed, 580MB Unpacked)

These modfiles are created for the English version of the game.

Modfiles Content
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EEUITweaks - Mobile Console Access (Long press on Skull Icon)
One Pixel Production v4.0.1 (Smart Avatar and Armour Switching Only)

BG1NPC Project v30.0 Beta + BG1NPC Project Music Pack v6.0 (BG1EE Only)
Companion Animals v1.6
Unfinished Business (BG1EE v16.4 & BG2EE v28)

Convinient Ammunition v2.0 (BG1EE Only)
Distingustable Clubs v1.1 (BG1EE Only)
Short Sword of Backstabbing v1.1
Thrown Hammers v6.1.1
Mages and Clerics with Longswords v1.0
More Style for Mages v1.56
Wandcase v1.3*

Tomb and Blood v0.9.43

aTweaks v4.53
Bigger Bard Song
Tweaks Anthology v16.0

SCS v34.3

For the exact components of each mod, there is the WeiDU.log attached for the modfiles.

* If Wandcase doesn't appear with saved game import, it may need to be consoled in: C:CreateItem("WANDCASE"). For me, it is sometimes there and sometimes not...

----

To install the mod BG1EE:
- Download the files to your device and place into a folder other than the games folder.

- Unpack 'BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac.zip' into the following folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'

- The Android File Manager you are using will determine the way to unpack the file, but unpack the file into the root of it's current folder keeping the file structure so you will end up with something like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save' (folder)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.lua' (File)
'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/BGxxx.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac_lang-en_US.zip' (File)
and any other folders you may already have like portraits etc.

----

To install the mod BGSOD:
- Download the files to your device and place into a folder other than the games folder.

- Unpack 'BG1EE-SOD.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac.zip' into the following folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.siegeofdragonspear/files'

You will get a similar folder/file view as BG1EE except in the SOD folder.

To install the mod BG2EE:
- Unpack 'BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac.zip' into the following folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files'

You will get a similar folder/file view as BG1EE except in the BG2EE folder.

----

To uninstall (for All):

- Delete 'override' folder
- Delete 'BGxxx.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Komorac_lang-en_US.zip'
You are now back at vanilla...
----

If this is the first modfile that you have used, you may need to remove access to the games vanilla dialog.tlk (and dialogf.tlk if it exists). Having both the modded version and vanilla version can cause some confusion within the game and result in INVALID text.

The following describes the process with BG1EE, but is the same (with file paths changed of course) for BGSOD and BG2EE.

Removing access to vanilla dialog.tlk:

- Make a backup of 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' to anywhere not in its folder (this is just a safety measure so that if it goes wrong, you don't need to redownload it). If you don't have the space then that is fine and this step can be skipped. It just means a download later of the file. (xxx = a number)

- Install 'RAR for Android' if you don't have it (free version in the Google Play store is fine). I know this one works, not sure about other compression software.
- Open RAR and navigate to 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/'
- Long press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' and rename to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip'
- Short press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' which should open the file allowing you to look at the contents. If it asks which program to use, then direct it to RAR.
- navigate to '/lang/en_US/' (or which ever language you are using), long press on 'dialog.tlk' and rename to 'dialog.klt' (it can be anything as long as it follows the xxxxxx.xxx naming rule. I just reverse the extension so that I know what it was...).
- Do the same for dialogf.tlk to dialogf.klt if it exists.
- let RAR save the renaming (it takes a little while but you can see when it is finished by looking at the bottom of the app window, it will revert back to the long file name). This method should not change the size of the .obb at all.
- Back out of 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' so that you again see the whole file.
- Rename 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' back to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' (this is often forgotten; if the game starts to try and redownload the .obb, this is the first place to look for a fix)
- That ends the adjustment for the .obb

If you want to play a vanilla game again, then you can simply go back into the patch.obb and rename dialog.klt back to dialog.tlk or you can get a copy of the vanilla dialog.tlk and copy it to the folder 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang/en_US' after removing the modded version (or follow you language pathing). You may need to create /lang/en_US.

More info for Android 11/12/13:

A problem may occur if you are using Android 11/12/13 and you can't see the /Android/data folder. This can be overcome using the free version of 'X-Plore File Manager' from Google Play. Click on the folder and you will receive some prompts to allow the file manager read-write access.

To edit patch.obb, you will need to copy the patch.obb file out of it's original folder as RAR wont have access, but copying it to your /downloads folder will allow renaming dialog.tlk etc. Just copy it back after renaming.

----

You are now ready to test, if the games crash, then make sure you don't have the downloaded modfile itself in the same folder as the game as it will clash with the unpacked mod. If the game plays, then you should be good to go.

----

If any problems occur, please let me know and I will see if I can fix. If it is a problems with the mods themselves, we are likely to go back to the author of the mod.

All credit goes to the fantastic authors of the mods, my job is only to install them into a format so we can use them on our device.

Happy Gaming
Gus

Comments

• KomoracKomorac Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2022
    Thank you so much @Gusinda !

For anyone struggling installing modes on Android 12 or 13 I found a way that is consistent and it should work for BG1 and SOD 100%, BG2 should work for everyone but I can't confirm!

EDIT: I should mention that this works on 2.6.6.10, can't confirm for older versions. Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 x200.

To mod the game you need to follow Gusindas post above but you will notice that on Andoid 12 and above you don't have rights to read/write certain android/data folders in our case BG folders (com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition, etc.). To get around that people figured out you can create your own com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition folder, mod it and play In my case starting game overwrites custom folder and you don't have access anymore. Freshly installed games don't yet have data folders so you have to start the game which creates data folder and again removes rights to read/write. No go.

So I found a way to pseudo start BG1EE and SOD, via Import game in BG2EE. Game sends SDL intent to BG1 and SOD to check for saved games and that action creates data folders for you if they are not yet created! They all have permissions to read/write so you can mod the games as usual.

But the issue is then how to do that with BG2. For some reason after starting BG2 the first time, data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition has "files" folder visible inside (data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files) and files folder is read/write protected BUT com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition is NOT! So all you have to do is rename "files" folder to let's say "p" and create new "files" folder that you can edit and place your mods in!

I have to add that in my case both BG1 and SOD had empty com.beamdog upon first start... and I couldn't create new folders in it. That's why I did it like this, in some cases you might have some issues with this method.

So to sum it up, lets say you want to mod all 3 games like I did.

1. What you need to do is install all games and do NOT start anything yet.
    2. After you have all 3, open BG2EE and click on Single player -> Import game. Now you can exit game.
    3. Open data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition and rename "files" to "x", create new "files" folder and place you mods portraits as usual.
    4. Open BG1EE and SOD data folders and mod as usual

I have Samsung devices and apparently those are harder devices to mod because of premission issues on android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition folders (all games BG1EE BG2EE SOD, for IWD I don't know but assume it's the same). To my knowledge some manufacturers don't limit those folders as much as Samsung and Google(pixel).

My knowledge is still thin on Android development so I don't know real reason why it works like it does but I'll investigate and maybe create an app that does that for all 3 games so it makes modding a lot easier.
  • ExplanatoryPotatoExplanatoryPotato Member Posts: 123
    Komorac wrote: »

For anyone struggling installing modes on Android 12 or 13 I found a way that is consistent and it should work for BG1 and SOD 100%, BG2 should work for everyone but I can't confirm!

EDIT: I should mention that this works on 2.6.6.10, can't confirm for older versions. Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 x200.

To mod the game you need to follow Gusindas post above but you will notice that on Andoid 12 and above you don't have rights to read/write certain android/data folders in our case BG folders (com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition, etc.). To get around that people figured out you can create your own com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition folder, mod it and play In my case starting game overwrites custom folder and you don't have access anymore. Freshly installed games don't yet have data folders so you have to start the game which creates data folder and again removes rights to read/write. No go.

So I found a way to pseudo start BG1EE and SOD, via Import game in BG2EE. Game sends SDL intent to BG1 and SOD to check for saved games and that action creates data folders for you if they are not yet created! They all have permissions to read/write so you can mod the games as usual.

But the issue is then how to do that with BG2. For some reason after starting BG2 the first time, data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition has "files" folder visible inside (data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files) and files folder is read/write protected BUT com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition is NOT! So all you have to do is rename "files" folder to let's say "p" and create new "files" folder that you can edit and place your mods in!

I have to add that in my case both BG1 and SOD had empty com.beamdog upon first start... and I couldn't create new folders in it. That's why I did it like this, in some cases you might have some issues with this method.

2. After you have all 3, open BG2EE and click on Single player -> Import game. Now you can exit game.
    3. Open data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition and rename "files" to "x", create new "files" folder and place you mods portraits as usual.

I have Samsung devices and apparently those are harder devices to mod because of premission issues on android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition folders (all games BG1EE BG2EE SOD, for IWD I don't know but assume it's the same). To my knowledge some manufacturers don't limit those folders as much as Samsung and Google(pixel).

My knowledge is still thin on Android development so I don't know real reason why it works like it does but I'll investigate and maybe create an app that does that for all 3 games so it makes modding a lot easier.

@Komorac That's actually genius for BG2:EE, but what should I do after creating a separate "Files" file after renaming the original one into "p"? Should I make a overwrite folder and put the mods there?

That's actually genius for BG2:EE, but what do I do after renaming the original files folder into "p" and making a separate files folder? Do I just dump the mods inside that files folder or what?
    Hi, sorry for late reply. Yes, after you make new files folder you can now place your mod files in it or do whatever you want but you can do it until you start the game again. You will again lose all access to that folder. It is there but it's hidden and contents are hidden
    Hi, sorry for late reply. Yes, after you make new files folder you can now place your mod files in it or do whatever you want but you can do it until you start the game again. You will again lose all access to that folder. It is there but it's hidden and contents are hidden

Hello @Komorac ,I've combined this method with the terminux one on this thread here
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1192734#Comment_1192734
  • huynamhuynam Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2023
    Hello, I installed this for BG:EE but the dialogue is invalid. I spawned and the watcher came up to me and a box appeard that said invalid. Same thing when Imoen joined me.

I thought its because I didnt rename dialog.tlk in patch in obb but whenever I do that my game crashes whenever I press baldurs gate. Need help, thanks.

Nvm im dumb I used another file editor instead of rar which is why it didnt work, used rar now everything works fine.
    Post edited by huynam on
    huynam wrote: »
    Hello, I installed this for BG:EE but the dialogue is invalid. I spawned and the watcher came up to me and a box appeard that said invalid. Same thing when Imoen joined me.

I thought its because I didnt rename dialog.tlk in patch in obb but whenever I do that my game crashes whenever I press baldurs gate. Need help, thanks.

Nvm im dumb I used another file editor instead of rar which is why it didnt work, used rar now everything works fine.

Good to see it works 👍
  • heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
    hello, I don't have access to the computer. I wonder if you could include atweaks component 115 in bg2 mode and repackage it for me. (Scribe scrool for mages ) I liked the other components very much, it was a good starting point for me.
    heatcliff wrote: »
    hello, I don't have access to the computer. I wonder if you could include atweaks component 115 in bg2 mode and repackage it for me. (Scribe scrool for mages ) I liked the other components very much, it was a good starting point for me.

You can actually do the modding without a computer now, though there's a bit more steps to it
    I would be glad if you give more information.if you're talking about termux and weidu i already tried it.I am using A11 and have some permisson issue.
    I would be glad if you give more information.if you're talking about termux and weidu i already tried it.I am using A11 and have some permisson issue.

Ah you see, I'm also A11 and there's a couple more steps to doing the terminux method of ur in Android 11+

Ah you see, I'm also A11 and there's a couple more steps to doing the terminux method of ur in Android 11+

Pretty sure I sent the link to the thread where I tried to figure this out
    ı guess ı did it somehow but ı dont know what did happen
    edited January 2023
    Thanks for all great works @Gusinda I hope I can install all the mods I want without any problems
    ı guess ı did it somehow but ı dont know what did happen

Ok, basically download all that you need for modding:
    -Terminux
    -weidu+centralfix.zip
    -Installer.sh
    -Xplore (for reference)
    -RAR
    -the mod that you want (make sure it's compatible to ur game)
    The link for terminux and the centralfix+weidu stuff are here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1182971/#Comment_1182971
    72b1uzib7rkn.jpg

What should I do now
    I managed to install the atweaks mod, but I did not understand what to do with centralflix. My only problem right now is that the names of the spells appear as invalid.
    I managed to install the atweaks mod, but I did not understand what to do with centralflix. My only problem right now is that the names of the spells appear as invalid.

Oh, before doing everything else, make sure u rename the dialog.tlk in the patch.obb file lang/en_US to dialog.klt.
    And make sure u copied ALL the obb contents to ur modding environment folder so that it can modify the copied lang/en_US/dialog.tlk.
    No need for centralfix if u do this, and it should work fine

Oh, before doing everything else, make sure u rename the dialog.tlk in the patch.obb file lang/en_US to dialog.klt.
    And make sure u copied ALL the obb contents to ur modding environment folder so that it can modify the copied lang/en_US/dialog.tlk.

And after weidu does it's magic, the dialog.tlk in ur lang/en_US should be modified (you can confirm this by seeing it's date, when unmodified, the file's age is 2018 or smthin, and when modified, it changes to the current date u modified it.) Then, copy lang/en_US/dialog.tlk to the override folder (DELETE everything else in the lang folder, this depends on which language you chose, and I just assumed it's English, so delete every other language folder there except en_US)

And after weidu does it's magic, the dialog.tlk in ur lang/en_US should be modified (you can confirm this by seeing it's date, when unmodified, the file's age is 2018 or smthin, and when modified, it changes to the current date u modified it.) Then, copy lang/en_US/dialog.tlk to the override folder (DELETE everything else in the lang folder, this depends on which language you chose, and I just assumed it's English, so delete every other language folder there except en_US)

After the modding, you only need to copy 2 things to the override folder for ur mod to perfectly work:
    -Override folder with the mod contents
    -lang folder with ur modified language (assuming it's English here again btw.)
    Thanks for all your help I finally managed to set it up.(Unfinished Bussines)
    I encountered a bug in the game right now.if i take minsc to the party.If I click on the item in your inventory the game crashes.(quick item slot for boo) ,
    game crashes every time without mod

Baldurs gate version 2.6.6.10

Meanwhile if anyone wants to install this mod,you need to install İconv with termux
    apt-get install iconv

I encountered a bug in the game right now.if i take minsc to the party.If I click on the item in your inventory the game crashes.(quick item slot for boo) ,

Meanwhile if anyone wants to install this mod,you need to install İconv with termux
    apt-get install iconv

Oh yeah, that's the mod's bug I think, not ur game's, tried this mod too and the same thing happened on my 3 phones that has a fresh install of the game.

apt-get install iconv

Oh yeah, that's the mod's bug I think, not ur game's, tried this mod too and the same thing happened on my 3 phones that has a fresh install of the game.

Tried this with ascension with 0 problems, but when paired with wheels of prophecy a strange bug happens that essentially softlocks me from progressing further in chapter 9.
    I did a clean install without mod but it happens same thing
    I did a clean install without mod but it happens same thing

Ok that's weird asf, that one didn't happen to me
    edited January 2023
    CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Move Boo Into Minsc's Pack: v16
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16

This comp is fixing this bug
    CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4150 // Move Boo Into Minsc's Pack: v16

This comp is fixing this bug

Ah I see
  • SevreiSevrei Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to thank Gusinda for this great mod compilation. To test if things worked ok, I've setup a new save in BGEE on my Android 11 phone and could see some of the mods working right off the bat. I've gone as far as finding Gorions body which triggered the first instance of new text for NPC project and all looks ok.

Is there anything past this point I should be wary of not working correctly? If all good I'll look to go through the process again my S2 tablet.
    @Sevrei Few spells are not working correctly, from that mod that includes ID spells. Druid spells IIRC. And I encountered some issues in BG2, can't really remember but I would remove some mods
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    HI @Komorac , @heatcliff & @ExplanatoryPotato, sorry I haven't answered lately but we have had some family medical problems to deal with and I haven't been able to login. It looks as if all is operational here anyway with some great work going on and installing on the device. Great to read; shall have to give it a try when get some free time.

@Sevrei, thank you. Don't forget to shout a big thanks to the modders who actually make these things happen. Thanks @Komorac with the update about the modfile. I shall have a look and see what the problem could be.

Happy gaming all
    Gus