Skip to content

Android BG1EE.2.6.6.10, BGSOD.2.6.6.10 & BG2EE.2.6.6.10 Modfiles

Comments

• Ahmedb03Ahmedb03 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2023
    Hi @Gusinda I've been reading this thread and I want to thank you for helping those of us who can't mod properly on our devices and allowing us to play Baldur's gate modded. I'm wanting to know if you can possibly update your trilogy modfiles to include the rogue re-balancing mod for Bards and Thieves along with the improved shaman dance and will o wisp shaman class mod?
    Post edited by Ahmedb03 on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited June 2023
    Hi @Ahmedb03 , no probs.

The mods have been updated to the latest versions where applicable and your requested mods added. I removed Tomb and Blood v0.9.43 because I believe that was where the conflict with SCS existed (reported on previous page). Let me know if that is not the case...

These modfiles are created for the English version of the game v2.6.6.10.

BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy_en_US.zip (~220MB)

BG1EE-SOD.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy-02_en_US.zip (~240MB)

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy_en_US.zip (620~MB)

Modfiles Content
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EEUITweaks v4.0.4 - Mobile Console Access (Long press on Skull Icon), Mr2150's Journal Fixes
    Hidden Gameplay Options v4.2 - Improved Cheat Menu
    One Pixel Production v4.0.1 (Smart Avatar and Armour Switching Only)

BG1NPC Project v30.0 + BG1NPC Project Music Pack v6.0 (BG1EE Only)
    Companion Animals v1.6
    Unfinished Business (BG1EE v16.4 & BG2EE v28)

Convinient Ammunition v2.0 (BG1EE Only)
    Distingustable Clubs v1.1 (BG1EE Only)
    Short Sword of Backstabbing v1.1
    Thrown Hammers v6.1.1
    Mages and Clerics with Longswords v1.0
    More Style for Mages v1.57
    Wandcase v1.3*
    Rogue Rebalance v4.92
    Willow of the Wisp (for BG1 and SoD, only the kit is installed) v2.3
    Improved Sharmanic Dance v4.4

aTweaks v4.53 (Less Scribe Spells, Restore innate disease immunity to Paladins)
    Bigger Bard Song
    Tweaks Anthology v16.0

SCS v34.3

For the exact components of each mod, there is the WeiDU.log attached for the modfiles.

* If Wandcase doesn't appear with saved game import, it may need to be consoled in: C:CreateItem("WANDCASE"). For me, it is sometimes there and sometimes not...

----
    There is now a different method for installing the modfiles. There is no need to unpack the modfile. You will still need to make sure that the vanilla dialog.tlk is not accessable to the game (instructions below if you haven't already done it). Just copy the downloaded modfile to the game's /Files folder

To install the mod BG1EE:
    - Download the files to your device and place into the folder:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'

If you can't save to that folder, then download and move there after download.

You will end up with something like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save' (folder)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.lua' (File)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Trilogy-en_US.zip' (File)
    and any other folders you may already have like portraits etc.

----

To install the mod BGSOD:
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.siegeofdragonspear/files'

You will get a similar folder/file view as BG1EE except in the SOD folder.

----

To install the mod BG2EE:
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/files'

You will get a similar folder/file view as BG1EE except in the BG2EE folder.

----

To uninstall (for All):

- Delete 'BGxxx.2.6.6.10_Trilogy-en_US.zip'

After you rename dialog.tlk in the .obb or added a vanilla modfile containing dialog.tlk to your /files folder, you will be back at vanilla...

----

If this is the first modfile that you have used, you may need to remove access to the games vanilla dialog.tlk (and dialogf.tlk if it exists). Having both the modded version and vanilla version can cause some confusion within the game and result in INVALID text.

The following describes the process with BG1EE, but is the same (with file paths changed of course) for BGSOD and BG2EE.

Removing access to vanilla dialog.tlk:

- Make a backup of 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' to anywhere not in its folder (this is just a safety measure so that if it goes wrong, you don't need to redownload it). If you don't have the space then that is fine and this step can be skipped. It just means a download later of the file. (xxx = a number)

- Install 'RAR for Android' if you don't have it (free version in the Google Play store is fine). I know this one works, not sure about other compression software.
    - Open RAR and navigate to 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/'
    - Long press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' and rename to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip'
    - Short press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' which should open the file allowing you to look at the contents. If it asks which program to use, then direct it to RAR.
    - navigate to '/lang/en_US/' (or which ever language you are using), long press on 'dialog.tlk' and rename to 'dialog.klt' (it can be anything as long as it follows the xxxxxx.xxx naming rule. I just reverse the extension so that I know what it was...).
    - Do the same for dialogf.tlk to dialogf.klt if it exists.
    - let RAR save the renaming (it takes a little while but you can see when it is finished by looking at the bottom of the app window, it will revert back to the long file name). This method should not change the size of the .obb at all.
    - Back out of 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' so that you again see the whole file.
    - Rename 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb.zip' back to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition.obb' (this is often forgotten; if the game starts to try and redownload the .obb, this is the first place to look for a fix)
    - That ends the adjustment for the .obb

If you want to play a vanilla game again, then you can simply go back into the patch.obb and rename dialog.klt back to dialog.tlk or you can get a copy of the vanilla dialog.tlk and copy it to the folder 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang/en_US' after removing the modded version (or follow you language pathing). You may need to create /lang/en_US.

More info for Android 11/12/13:

A problem may occur if you are using Android 11/12/13 and you can't see the /Android/data folder. This can be overcome using 'Files' from Google Play. Have a look at these instructions for further info. A forumite has reported it doesn't work on their device, but I haven't yet had a problem. Not sure what to do if it doesn't work on your device.

To edit patch.obb, you will need to copy the patch.obb file out of it's original folder as RAR wont have access, but copying it to your /downloads folder will allow renaming dialog.tlk etc. Just copy/move it back after renaming.
    ----

You are now ready to test, if the games crash, then it is possible you have 2 modfiles in the /Files folder. Make sure you only have 1. If the game plays, then you should be good to go.

----

I have only done a quick test, so if any problems occur, please let me know and I will see if I can fix. If it is a problems with the mods themselves, we are likely to go back to the author of the mod.

Again, all credit goes to the fantastic authors of the mods, my job is only to install them into a format so we can use them on our device.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Edit: Fix links and typo

Edit 2: Replaced BG1EE-SOD Modfile due to scripting problem
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    @Gusinda Thank you so much for your help. I know It's a pain but could you add the Imoen romance mod, I forgot to ask about it in my original question. The tomb and Blood mod was for mages and sorcerers right? I think it did cause a crash every now and again when I tried to use a cantrip or use the summon familiar ability, might just be my game but honestly not too sure. I will test it out and let you know if there are any issues. Thanks again for your hard work and help.
    Hi @Ahmedb03, that is no problems.

This BG2EE modfile is as above but with the addition of the Imoen Romance v4.1.0 mod. Not sure why it is so much larger than the previous mod, so if a problem occurs let me know.

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy-2_en_US.zip (~880MB)

Wiedu.log attached.

Didn't have time for testing it, so I will leave the previous version there until I get confirmation that this version is good...

Happy Gaming
    Gus
    Hey @Gusinda, thank you for your help.

I have installed and quickly tied all the new stuff besides the Imoen romance mod and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks again for everything you do.
  • BerethFRBerethFR Member Posts: 4
    Hello @Gusinda, thanks for the hard word !

Unfortunately, I've done a fresh install and restart a game of BG2::EE and I've got constant crashes in the intro dungeon. When I remove the zip (and re-enable dialog.tlk), everything goes back to normal. I've tried with or without renaming dialog.tlk and with the previous version of your modfile but the problem is still there. When I get back to vanilla installation, everything seems to work. My version is 2.6.6.10

I suspect that it crashes on each encounter with a Mephit (or maybe when the Mephit cast a spell). Maybe it's related to one the mod linked to that monster ? Any idea on how I could disable any modification on them (by deleting a specific file in the zip ? but maybe that's not so simple).

Do you have any idea why it does that ? I'll try to enable it again after the intro to see if there's still the pbm.
    Hi @BerethFR, that's not good... I am not in today, nor tomorrow, so it would be Friday before I can get a chance to have a look. I will let you know what I find.

All the best
    Gus
    Hi @BerethFR, I was able to look sooner than expected. Unfortunately (or fortunately... depending on the way it is viewed), I didn't get any crash throughout the dungeon. There must be something else happening. Would you be able to upload your saved game? Could you also check to make sure there isn't another modfile sitting in the same folder as this one?

Also, what device and version of Android is this on, and is the game's language set to English?

Thanks
    Gus
  • BerethFRBerethFR Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your time ! Don't worry that's not so urgent ! I'll try to upload my save. Thinking of that, is there anyway to "clean" save files ? Maybe it has been corrupted by my multiple mod install tentetives ? I'm on Android 10 with a One plus 6. Yes the language is in English. I've seen a log file as well in the folder, I guess it can give some information.
  • HermèsHermès Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2023
    Hello @Gusinda ,
    Thanks for the modfiles. I use to be able to mod my games on Android, with my windows computer. I recently switched to mac and just got a new Android 13 phone.

I have read that it's possible to install mods directly on Android but I don't understand half the instructions...

I was wondering if you could add Pocket UI in this modfiles (the ones without Imoen Romance).

Thanks a lot anyway, I wish you the best

Edit : mod name is "Pocket-play UI++"
    Post edited by Hermès on
    edited June 2023
    Hi @Hermès, give these a go...

BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy-PP_en_US.zip

BG1EE-SOD.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy-PP-02_en_US.zip (~253MB)

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy-PP_en_US.zip

WeiDU.logs attached

All as above (without Imoen Romance) but using the Pocket-Play UI.

Hope they play as expected.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Edit: Replaced BG1EE-SOD Modfile due to scripting problem
    Hello,

Thanks you very much, it's working fine. I checked all 3 games for a few minutes and I had no bug so far.

Pocket-play UI is game changer for playing on phone... I couldn't do without now that I have tasted it !

Thanks you again !

edited June 2023
    Hello again @Gusinda,
    Actually there IS an issue...
    The tweak that allows you to level up from level 0 companions is bugged with Pocket-play UI.
    For example just got Jaheira and Khalid and I can't level up them without giving them XP through the console. When I do they don't have anymore their starting proficiencies points or spell to chose, or thief skills I imagine (I ditched Imoen righ away)

Can you remove the component that does this ?

Thank you
    Post edited by Hermès on
    Hi @Hermès , I can but have found a way around the prob. If you give each new NPC a single XP for each class (ie: single class 1 XP, multi needs 2 XP, 1 for each class etc), using the console, then that will kick start the level up script.

Had no problems in allocating all proficiencies and thief skills. I tried on Imoen as well as Khalid and Jaheria. I even gave my PC some extra XP to make sure it continued passed the 1st level.

It is a very handy component if you want to build your NPCs the way you want them. As an example, if you want Imoen as a Bard, then open up her Special Abilities and press the ? icon (you need to do this before levelling up, else it will disappear). This will allow you to change her class to a Bard (or whatever), goto the console and allocate the single XP, then level up. Play on. This can be dine with any of the NPCs.

Let me know if you want it gone...
    Gus
    Ok that's cool ! I'll try it.
    I didn't know that you could actually change npc class. Interesting possibilities ;)

Thank you very much for your time !
  • ClydeClyde Member Posts: 9
    @Gusinda Thanks! This worked like magic!
    @Hermès Great stuff... I like the option of being able to change the NPCs around if I like.

Gus
  • MaDMaX99MaDMaX99 Member Posts: 7

Hello @Gusinda, first I want to thank you for making all these modfile packs available for people like me they are awesome.
    I tried to mod the game on my device but no luck unfortunately Termux doesn't seem to like my tablet and I don't have a PC so these packs are a blessing and made my last BG runs a blast.
    I want to ask if its possible for the last packs for BGEE 2.6.6.10 Series you posted here to adjust add/tweak some mods.

Add MODs:

-Morpheus562's Kitpack
    -Forgotten Armament --> Only Forgotten Armament Items and Update Existing Items components.
    -Familiar and Improved Traps.
    -Maybe some MODs that add new NPCs to the game personally I don't know any good ones so I'll leave this up to you.

Remove MODs:

-BG1NPC Project v30.0 Beta + BG1NPC Project Music Pack v6.0 (BG1EE Only)
    -Convinient Ammunition v2.0 (BG1EE Only)
    -Distingustable Clubs v1.1 (BG1EE Only)
    -Mages and Clerics with Longswords v1.0
    -Wandcase v1.3

Add to Tweaks Anthology

-Make Cloakwood Areas Available Before Completing the Bandit Camp --> Option 1 open only first the first area.
    -Reveal City Maps When Entering Area
    -Move NPCs to Convenient Locations --> Alora, Eldoth, Quayle, Shar-Teel, Tiax and Viconia.

Remove from Tweaks Anthology

#2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords: v16
    #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas: v16
    #2035 // Two-Handed Axes: v16
    #2040 // Universal Clubs: v16
    #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
    #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single-Classes: v16
    #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: v16
    #2371 // Alter Dual-Class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: v16
    #2357 // Alter Multi-Class Restrictions -> Install options one and two (everyone can multi-class anything): v16
    #3261 // Recoverable Ammunition [argent77] -> 50% chance to recover after a successful hit: v16
    #3273 // Recoverable Throwing Weapons [argent77] -> 100% chance to recover after a successful hit: v16
    #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v16

The rest is amazing if its to hard to adjust CDTweaks then just leave it.
    If you or someone else could do this for me I would be one happy gamer.

MaDMaX

Hi @MaDMaX99, This should be okay. I am only having difficulty finding the 'Familiar and Improved Traps' mod you are after. I can See 'Improved Familiars' and Trap Overhaul.

I am guessing that it isn't either of these... Would you be able to post a link?

Thanks
    Gus
    Hi @Gusinda a friend recommended that mod and he cant find it either lol. But it was for better trap detection etc so the Trap Overhail mod will be fine.

TY for doing this for me.
    MaDMaX
    edited June 2023
    Hi @MaDMaX99, I think I have found the specific mod that was your friend recommended. This maybe it:

BG2 Tweaks and Tricks

I will install this one instead of Trap Overhaul. It seems to fit the request...

It should be up by tomorrow. Bit sooner than expected...

BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_MaDMaX99_en_US.zip (~380MB)

You will need to go through the instructions above to remove the game's access to the vanilla dialog.tlk

I haven't tested so I hope it all works out.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Edit: Delete Modfile, see below for update
  • heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @MaDMaX99, I think I have found the specific mod that was your friend recommended. This maybe it:

BG2 Tweaks and Tricks

I will install this one instead of Trap Overhaul. It seems to fit the request...

It should be up by tomorrow. Bit sooner than expected...

BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_MaDMaX99_en_US.zip (~380MB)

You will need to go through the instructions above to remove the game's access to the vanilla dialog.tlk

I haven't tested so I hope it all works out.

Happy Gaming
    Gus

Edit: Add Modfile

ı love u
    Amazing @Gusinda tyvm. Ill let you know if it works.
    Yes that was the MOD he told me about and just 1 question can I use this pack on SOD and BG2 aswell?
    Because the other packs had different pack for each game.

MaDMaX

Hi @heatcliff, uhmmm thanks :blush:, lots of love right back at ya...

Hi @MaDMaX99, there would have to be different modfiles for each game, and if the game was to do a major update where the dialog.tlk changes, there would need to be another modfile created as well...

Happy Gaming
    Gus
    Hi @Gusinda sorry for the late reply but I'm out of the country for work and only have access to wifi when I'm back at the hotel.

I think something went wrong this pack has some weird UI mod installed and no SCS. The packs I was talking about are the 2.6.6.10_Modfile_Trilogy packs for BG1, SOD and BG2. To avoid more confusion I uploaded the WEIDU logs you posted of those packs.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding I hope it didn't take too much work.

MaDMaX
    Hi @MaDMaX99, sorry about that. It was a bit of confusion as the last pack uploaded contained 'Pocket Play-UI for Mobiles' (that weird UI which is great for the phone :smile: ). No harm done.

I have fixed up the modfile and added it here... It was good I hadn't completed the other ones at this stage.

BG1EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_MaDMaX99-02_en_US.zip (~470MB)

WeiDU.log attached.

Hopefully this sees you play a better style.

Happy Gaming
    Gus
    Hi All,

A problem has been found with the BG1EE-SOD modfiles for the trilogies... There is a scripting problem (conflicting SCS component) with the 'The Shining Lady' where she doesn't move during the fight with 'see spoiler if you must'.

I have fixed both Trilogy Modfiles and reuploaded them.

If you have started the game but haven't reached Chapter 12 and the top level of the tower, then you are good to continue on. If you have started the fight or entered the area where the fight is, then you would need to use an earlier saved game...

'Charname' fight with Belhifet

All the best
    Gus
    edited June 2023
    @MaDMaX99, here is the BG1EE-SOD Modfile:

Ignore - Forgot TNT
    edited June 2023
    Ok TY @Gusinda I will test this later and let you know if it works but from the log file itseems to be perfect.

MaDMaX
    Hi @MaDMaX99, here are the other 2 modfiles (hopefully correct this time :smile: was a bit busy and distracted).

BG1EE-SOD.2.6.6.10_Modfile_MaDMaX99_en_US.zip (~500MB)

BG2EE.2.6.6.10_Modfile_MaDMaX99_en_US.zip (~690MB)

WeiDU.logs attached

Happy Gaming
    Gus