Skip to content

You know you play Baldur's Gate too much when..

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    when you have to close down youtube, cause you'v stumbled upon the theme from your favorite romanceable npc.. and you start to miss the game... ; D
  • DomnDomn Member Posts: 11
    @geselle nuff said.
  • BanemusBanemus Member Posts: 2
    ... when you spend all time needed to get 18/00 str
    I never worry about that since there's the tome to kick you to 19 anyway.

You know you play too much baldur's gate when your pay more attention in a typical day to Viconia than your own wife.
    ... when you know every object in the world and then create a character that has absolutly no str. Then get that tome asap:) ( been to long:( but i remember there was an item that boosted a specific stat to its max )
  • DumuziiDumuzii Member Posts: 12
    when you see a fight break out on the street and think "you have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself"

when you think it in the narrators voice

and read it
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    When you're out drinking with your buddies, then temporarily leave the table to go take a leak, but can't enter the bathroom because of: "You must gather your party to venture forth"
  • Bend3Bend3 Member Posts: 19
    you instinctively go for the spacebar every time you are having an awkward moment, to give yourself time to plan your next move.
  • MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
    When I invite many of my classmates to play multiplayer with me.
  • KojakKojak Member Posts: 1
    ... When your wife leaves and you start arguing with aerie instead!
  • masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51
    ... when you hum one of the battle themes to yourself while you try to kill a bug.
  • bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    ...when you actually haven't played in years because you have a mac that refuses to run 'old pre-intel games', so instead come to this website everyday hoping for a post about the release date so you can be reunited with your first (and best, of course) RPG love at long last.

(New around here, by the way. Hullo everybody!)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    When talking to a girl in a bar and not having any succes you mentally search the load button for trying out different dialogue options.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

... when you know every object in the world and then create a character that has absolutly no str. Then get that tome asap:) ( been to long:( but i remember there was an item that boosted a specific stat to its max )
    Eheh, you didn't play the game enough! There's an item that will raise your CHA to 18 while wearing it, the tome only raises STR by one point.

I wish the narrator would say 'please play the game more often' (deep dark voice). ;-)
  • WorkzWorkz Member Posts: 1
    When you're going to the pub with your friends and someone says:"Well let's go!" and you answer him with :"You must gather your party before venturing forth!"
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited July 2012
    When you are such a dedicated player that you totally forgot to eat because your character in Baldur's Gate doesn't need to eat.
    Post edited by smeagolheart on
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Eheh, you didn't play the game enough! There's an item that will raise your CHA to 18 while wearing it, the tome only raises STR by one point.

I wish the narrator would say 'please play the game more often' (deep dark voice). ;-)
    He's thinking about the gloves that raise your strength to a certain level.

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    When you sleep for 2 weeks straight hoping to fix that broken arm...
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    you first pet was a hamster ; )
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    you first pet was a hamster ; )
    Funny, your comment cos was playing ME2 a while ago and i brought a "space Hamster" in a store on Citadel, did Minsc lose his hamster somehow? XD!
  • WeecraigWeecraig Member Posts: 4
    ... When your wife leaves and you start arguing with aerie instead!
    When your wife leaves you because you accidently call her Aerie. Or Viconia.

Incidently, I wanted to call our daughter "Morrigan" and she was all for it until she happened across where I got the idea.
  • IranicusIranicus Member Posts: 10
    ...when you hear Irenicus's voice echoing in your head saying "You bore me, mageling!" when your sitting a boring conversation or lecture :p
  • Bastion72Bastion72 Member Posts: 60
    when i tell my cat: go for the mice Boo,go for the mice!!
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    When you finish all your tasks by saying "done and done" in a slightly stupid voice.
  • DomnDomn Member Posts: 11
    @bgplaya welcome dude!

When the abyss gazes at you
  • goetzvolzgoetzvolz Member Posts: 4
    ...when instead of breaking out into song while distracted you begin to voice the spoken parts of BG2.
  • GorbashGorbash Member Posts: 1
    ... when you read the entire journal of Elmonster, the solo mage story on Baldurdash.

... you are delighted that Thieves dual wield was fixed with a mod.

... you always remember the warning about stowing thrones in grass houses.
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    .. when you dream about being Irenicus and unleaching destruction everywhere hehehehe
  • xan212xan212 Member Posts: 65
    ... you say to your teacher: We're all doomed! Run while we're still able. Just like: ...Xan...
  • OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
    ... Walk up to any eccentric looking midget you see and ask "Is your name Jan? Wanna join my party?"