Skip to content

Icewind Dale : Enhanced Edition

CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
Have you ever played Icewind Dale? Wouldn't you love to see an Enhanced Edition? I know i would!
  1. Icewind Dale : Enhanced Edition793 votes
    1. Yes
      76.42%
    2. No
        9.96%
    3. Maybe
      11.73%
    4. Icewind Dale?
        1.89%
Kenjisunset00SeyedEnterHaerDalisArkynomiconCantabtnourieBlackravenNimranlolien

Comments

• CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Yes I'm an Icewind Dale fan :)
    Cantabtnourielolien
  • NadroirNadroir Member Posts: 50
    I'm not sure what it was... but something about that game didn't appeal to me. It was okay, but I never really got into it.
    BabylonBeastmanGawdzilla
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I love anything Icewind Dale, but with the more linear nature of the game any additional content would probably be might separate from the actual story line, like Trials of the Luremaster add-on (DLC :P).

BG II: EE with its more open structure might be best suitable as the base for loads of additional adventures.
    booinyoureyestnourie
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Answer's obvious :) !
    Cluastnourie
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    After BGEE 1&2 are perfected, (I ignorantly state) IT should take no time at all to create IWDEE (Which will not only be a nice dungeon crawler that alot of us enjoy, But it will be more funds to finance beamdog's future releases (Like BG:Next)
    Cluastnourie
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Yes, but only after BG2EE! I prefer the NPC interaction of BG, though, and the story.
    Beastman
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    drsahl said:

Ofc I would like to see that.. but to be honest I much rather see PST EE

Same, though I admit I've never played PST, I've only seen Let's Plays. I am in the middle of an Icewind Dale playthrough though and it can be a little , well...repetitive and lacking in scope.

So the story heavy PST wins for me

Kirkorbutchered
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    The atmosphere and music is gorgeous. The gameplay doesn't scale up to Baldur's Gate dimensions, but it's okay. I'd love a remake.
    CluasIsandir
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    For the record, i would also LOVE a PSTEE, but it will take Overhaul over a year (It took them over a year for BGEE) So IWDEE should take much less then that if they use the BGEE engine they just spent a year rebuilding. Then they could start working on PSTEE ^.^
    danielpcharnock
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I'd look forward to it merely for the matchmaking. IWD, while not as much fun for me as BG, was always better suited for multiplayer play
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    Gief.
    LordsDarkKnight185Cluas
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I've never been much into IWD. Too much fight, not enough tale. And no free roaming.
    BabylonIllustairBeastman
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I wasn't drawn into ice wind dale as much as i was the baldur's gate series. As previous posters mentioned, the lack of story and character depth only made me finish it once. And after numerous restarts, I still haven't finished IWD2. The stories are two linear for my tastes as I was spoiled by BG.
    Kirkor
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    I'm selective in my pickings, and yea IWD was never on the table, I was busy playing BG, and I've been ever since
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Absolutely would drop $20 on IWD EE. Basically would be my next choice after the countless hours playing BG 1 (and 2) to have some fun combat and new chars to maul with.
    CluasMisfit_KotLD
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    Are the original art assets available for IWD? If so it could be more than a just an EE it could also be an HD remake/ Enhanced Edition.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Risingsun said:

Are the original art assets available for IWD? If so it could be more than a just an EE it could also be an HD remake/ Enhanced Edition.

According to the thread re-master title, it says "IWD/PS:T" among others.
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    I hadn't heard of IWD before coming on this site, but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'd totally buy an EE of it!
    Cluas
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    What could possibly be enhanced or improved upon Icewind Dale? The game has an exciting, well-rounded story with cunning villains, it has beautiful and thrilling areas and dungeons, a perfect soundtrack, awesome character portraits, loads of cool items, two add-ons and diverse encounters.
    CluasCandleBesideGypsySocksCantab
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Sure, they should remake all the infinity engine games, provided that they are not going to make any more content. I dont really count BG 3, because Im pretty sure "I" will at least be disapointed by it.
    Cluas
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    CamDawg said:

Calmar said:

What could possibly be enhanced or improved upon Icewind Dale?

Kits, sorcerers/barbarians/monks, dual-wielding, party interaction, romances, and a glut of mod content because of a better engine?
    iirc, you made your own party, there were no npcs that tagged along. Party interactions and romances wouldn't work in the game.

CalmarQuartz
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Icewind Dale 1 was okay, but I didn't like not having joinable NPCs, sub-quests, or the complexities of plot and different ways to complete quests that make Baldur's Gate so interesting. While I've played Baldur's Gate more times than I can count, I've only played IWD once and likely won't do so again.

If Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition included the Icewind Dale areas as an expansion of Baldur's Gate, that a Baldur's Gate party could travel to in much the same way that Baldur's Gate parties can travel to the areas added by Tales of the Sword Coast, than I would definitely play it.

Therefore, my answer is maybe, but it is definitely one way or the other depending on the circumstances of what the game designers do.
    Arex