Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Still no go... Whats enhanced about only slow frame-rate speeds (can't increase to 60) and no multiplayer?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Kodrak's works
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    I'd like to join some of these servers, but my framerate refuses to go to 60 despite having set it as such in my .ini folder. :(
  • KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
    Just stick to the default config for now, prolly the best way to match the host and everyone else settings for an multiplayer safe game.
    edited November 2012
    Okay then. I joined your server, by the way - hopefully you guys will get started soon. :) (I go as Logan)
  • NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    Well hell, it "kind" of works now.
    edited November 2012
    Okay, so the game has been terminated. I'll host a new game - try this IP out: 97.104.144.196

EDIT: If nothing else than to show that it works - my friend and I had some issues connecting earlier.
    Hosting work, I'm trying to find issues with maybe the game interface that bug some people out of the permissions list alowing them to create game and such.
    edited November 2012
    Ok rehosted for the 3rd time now i'l just wait as people join and try to give permissions to everyone.. there might be an refreshing issue, People full the game and then nobody can get permissions to create a character.
    edited November 2012
    elminster said:
    Dang. My friend did crash while trying to join my server (and me joining his), I wonder why that is. I supposed I'll dissolve it and join one of you guys.
    edited November 2012
    Yea I tried just getting into yours Kodrak and I got booted out/it didn't connect.
    For people trying to join a game please take time to first host a game and type in your name in that section below game name and then join someone else game otherwise everyone dont have a name and crash the game. And i don't know why.
    edited November 2012
    I joined him just fine. Oddly enough, while I couldn't really do anything (I think Kodrak had all the permissions) my character loaded from the previous hosting session.

EDIT: It said non-matching framerates again despite it not being the case. As a result, my name is listed in the server directory even though I'm not in it.
    edited November 2012
    it doesn't want to work...
    I don't really understand why some message like : Joined Game. and Left Game. appear and at some point people are able to join.
    edited November 2012
    Kodrak said:

I don't really understand why some message like : Joined Game. and Left Game. appear and at some point people are able to join.

It works fine for me. I even had permissions in the last session.

EDIT: Sometimes it states that the session is terminated, though - perhaps that is the problem?
    I've succefully had 4/6 and ready before people randomly started crashing and leaving.
    Narcissist
    Yea I try getting back in but I just get like weird almost like shadow games. Where I try texting things but people don't respond. Sometimes everything looks normal, and sometimes its just lacking things in the UI. It is very weird.
    Now I'm back to the random crashing when I try to connect.
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    well multiplayer is bugged as hell haha
    Think I'm giving up with it.... Surprised they haven't fixed the dialogue issues too..
    First thing first, a nice adventurer offers us his TS server : voice.graylinesgaming.com
    Join it, easier way to coordinate game hosting and what's going on where.
    Yea its no good. By the way the multiplayer section to the forum is up. So if @xxxsmb1987xxx you want to move this thread to there that would be good.
  • quairlzrquairlzr Member Posts: 5
    Multiplayer has worked for a two-player game at least, with some limitations: using the slot below top left worked, but next to top left crashes every time on launch; also the first cutscene with Gorion didn't work for us - solution was to have one person do the cutscene in singleplayer, then load with two players immediately after. A pausing bug made us give up in the end, though.
    Found this in another thread for multiplayer... hmm

Do everything, open ports tcp+udp 47630 and 2300-2399, compatibility xp service pack 3, run as admin, then use tunngle... If works thanks to Lavarius for the tunngle idea and vercobrix 4 the ports/permitions tweaks.
    If you never use tunngle (download and make account for every player) join the baldur's room and notice than on left bot there is an IP, if you are the host paste that ip to your friends. Well, now you will see a missile on bot right chat , search for bg:ee launcher and start the game through tunngle using that button (i repeat, every player must do this just to be safe, host or join) now create game or joing and play.

Ok so, I seem to have gotten it working so far. The IP for those of you who are interested in playing is.

Elendar said:

Found this in another thread for multiplayer... hmm

Do everything, open ports tcp+udp 47630 and 2300-2399, compatibility xp service pack 3, run as admin, then use tunngle... If works thanks to Lavarius for the tunngle idea and vercobrix 4 the ports/permitions tweaks.
    If you never use tunngle (download and make account for every player) join the baldur's room and notice than on left bot there is an IP, if you are the host paste that ip to your friends. Well, now you will see a missile on bot right chat , search for bg:ee launcher and start the game through tunngle using that button (i repeat, every player must do this just to be safe, host or join) now create game or joing and play.

Well thats a bitch
    @Elminster Try mine, we seem to have gotten it fixed.

Everything was going great till we got owned by a wolf
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    @narcissist How did you avoid the autocrash after clicking done?