Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    I'm holding myself back from playing (or having in my party) any druid player just for our multiplayer game. Mostly because I've played this game so long I'd like to keep it as fresh as possible. Kind of sucks too not that I've realised that Druids are the only class in the game that can get a mass invisibility spell (pixie dust), which late in the game is kind of cool from a tactical planning standpoint.

I may end up caving and getting Faldorn in my party (she's the only NPC who can get level 5 divine spells). Either way hopefully the multiplayer is all fixed up before the 18th (I imagine it will be because tablets and christmas/boxing day sales and all that).

• KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
    @Ascerion if you want to thanks someone Thank Sarge.
  • SenserisSenseris Member Posts: 6
    wonna play right now :)
  • StuppeStuppe Member Posts: 2
    Send me a PM or add me on steam (stuppen) - I've always loved baldurs gate / IWD etc etc. Never got to really experience the first BG in multiplayer. Lets play!
  • SoveriegnSoveriegn Member Posts: 54
    i can play multi, can play higher level toons or lower level, skype is bhaal89, or messege me
  • DodelusDodelus Member Posts: 10
    Skype me when you want to play!
    kratos1418
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    anyone hanging around today?
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    OK I need to vent for a sec., but has anyone else noticed these forums went to complete shit after the game launched? I swear I tried to help someone and the turned into a prick. This used to be the best forum on the internet now its full of a bunch of complete fucking assholes.
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    Ascerion said:

Loving the game so far. Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still alive, lol. Hopefully Overhaul gets to work on the multiplayer aspect of BG soon, but they may have their hands full with bugs.

@Kodrak

Thank you for volunteering a teamspeak server! I'm familiar with it, as well as ventrilo, and skype, and I agree talking would make it easier to communicate tactics. If you wanna set something up soon, just lemme know. Same goes to everyone, although I heard that any more than 3 people and it gets real buggy.

Btw, is your thumbnail the Disturbed guy? =)

Plays OK with me with 4 players. Ask Kodrak
  • StuppeStuppe Member Posts: 2
    I'm on right now looking for people to play. My skype is Dan Wichmann i spose.
    Nathan released this update on the multiplayer. Long and the short of it is they are aware of a lot of the issues and working on it.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10081/fixing-multiplayer
    edited December 2012
    "We've got some multiplayer fixes in testing right now" -Trent Oster

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, REJOICE!!!
  • Prince_DamienPrince_Damien Member Posts: 18
    @Elendar Rejoice!
  • RaphaeRaphae Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    I don't speak your language well, males. But I'm a drow cleric and one of the best of my House, if you need my talents.
    Post edited by Raphae on
  • MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    @Elminster @xxxsmb1987xxx @LordsDarkKnight185 @Ascerion @MedullaOblongata

So what's going on with our group guys? Are we still on for trying to play after the 18th or what?
    I'm down (for the record to notify me you have to use a lower case e otherwise I won't get it, so @elminster not @Elminster).
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    I'm still down for whatever. Time is still ticking down. Next week is finals week so 18th is right around the corner.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I am good for the 18th. I cannot start any earlier than 7pm.
  • nullifinullifi Member Posts: 6
    How many people do you all have?
    nullifi said:

How many people do you all have?

There are different groups here, so its hard to say. But the group that I'm in should have 6.
    edited December 2012
    Ok so I'm ready for the 18th, I just made my character with the following stats (which I admit took a long time to roll). I decided to go for the most ridiculously high roll I could find, and I did not put any consideration into intelligence purely because I don't imagine I will be playing this character in BG2EE unless they fix that disaster of an experience table for druids (if beamdog doesn't fix that I will be pretty disappointed).

Shapeshifter

STR: 18 (I wanted to be fairly reliable for carrying potions, items, loot, that sort of thing)
    DXT: 18
    CON: 18 (Yea yea, I know what you are thinking, the claw of Kazgaroth was in my mind on this one though it would probably be a better fit on someone else)
    INT: 4 (only a problem in BG2)
    WIS: 18
    CHR: 17 (someone could probably do better than me on this)

Skills

Club : * (frees up scimitars and staves for someone who will actually use them in combat)
    Single weapon style: * (this may benefit the critical hit for my werewolf form)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • tomatitotomatito Member Posts: 6
    any free parties for multiplayer or anyone want to make one?
    @tomatito

Our gorup still has a spot free... I think we're probably waiting until more of the bugs are worked out to start... The group configuration is as follows though:

@lukebagdarrel -- elven assassin
    @elendar -- half-elf conjurer (chaotic good) (may do sorcerer instead)
    @bul -- dwarven barbarian OR fighter/cleric
    @fateascends -- elven fighter/mage
    @Kodrak -- halfling thief (chaotic good)
    tnx elendar =) if anyone wants to play 2 player style now just for fun a bit let me know =)
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11161/game-update-1-0-2010#latest

Latest update says there is a large multiplayer fix... maybe we ought to see if it works with more than 2-players sometime.
    someone posted on the other thread that it worked good with 3 players =)
  • FeminineFeminine Member Posts: 5
    I would love joining a party for BG. Any open slots?
  • SoveriegnSoveriegn Member Posts: 54
    im willing to host a game see if it works with 3+
    you me and feminine?
  • FeminineFeminine Member Posts: 5
    Looking for 1-4 more for a party