Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

I'm willing to join up. I wouldn't mind playing with some fun chaps.

The more the merrier! But right now I still hear that there is glitches for a high number of people playing together, so we are waiting for something to be addressed about it.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013
    Where is everyone located again? I'm -5 UTC (New York/Toronto) so it would be ideal if you were all within +/- 3 hours from that.

As for class I was saying to Miahkai that I'll probably go with a dual class fighter (probably a berserker)-> druid. From a stats needed standpoint its a big roll to make but I figure if I dual class at level 3 that will allow me to get grandmastery in a weapon of my choice (as well as ** in perhaps dual wielding) and I won't stay too long as a plain druid.

Edit: Corrected.
    I am at -5 EST (Which is also New York time. I dunno what UTC is.)

I am at -5 EST (Which is also New York time. I dunno what UTC is.)

Woops meant -5 UTC (also known as EST).
  • Cynric_AldrichCynric_Aldrich Member Posts: 31
    I am also Eastern Time. -5 EST or UTC. I plan on going a rogue or mage. I am having a split decision about it.
    I'm claiming dibs on the gauntlets of dexterity. I'm going to need to use dexterity as a dump stat. :)
  • MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    I'm in the same time zone as you guys as well, and as I was telling Elminster, I'll be rolling an elven F/T to both cover archery and our thieving needs.
    I rolled my character already

Human Berserker

18/91

Minimum dexterity needed to not get any AC negatives (unless you are a thief or a bard its no different than having 14).
    Elven Fighter/Thief

18/70

is what I've rolled.
    edited November 2013
    I think I will play as a Arcane Caster, not sure on the class yet. I don't know my race at the moment. I plan on updating that tonight.

EDIT:

I am playing a Gnome Illusionist

That's what I rolled.
    Post edited by Cynric_Aldrich on
  • RaphaeRaphae Member Posts: 16
    In case you need some healing talents:

Drow cleric

Resist magic: 55 (yes, that's typical for a drow. if you don't like it, you can always hire a silly druid, perhaps a male wood elf, and die in battle).
  • SoveriegnSoveriegn Member Posts: 54
    Looks like we're all turning back up to see if they've actually fixed it lol.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    they really havent :P but at least you can find games more easily now
    edited November 2013
    Liberelli said:

they really havent :P but at least you can find games more easily now

Its still got some bugs but I'd say its still running a lot better than it did in BG1/BG2.
    edited November 2013
    I think we are good for healing @Raphae but you are still welcome to join us.

I think we can probably do something on the weekend. Saturday or Sunday.

@LordsDarkKnight185
    @Miahkai
    @Ascerion (unlikely event you see this)
    @Cynric_Aldrich

Write down here what time you are available I guess on either day. Hopefully we can work something out.

I figure we can do it once/twice a week. Whenever a group plays for a bit they can compress the game into a zip file and then put it into a post on here. That way if someone in the group during a week can't make it (for whatever reason) or if scheduling doesn't work out it doesn't mean that the group doesn't do anything that week. In that same post you can describe what quests you did, didn't do in certain areas, and what areas you visited (just so we don't backtrack).
    Saturday afternoon/evening is good for me
    I'm good either of those days at any time. I'm ready for action.
  • xXTheEvilDudeXxxXTheEvilDudeXx Member Posts: 1
    If anyone wants to play with me, hit me up on Steam, same name as here. My nights off are Tuesday's and Wednesdays, as opposed to the normal Saturday Sunday.
    Something came up so i'm busy this weekend, but please feel free to start without me.
    If you want to you throw your character file here in a file and we can put it into the game. That way you won't come in underleveled
    You guys got room? If so what do you lack?
    Soveriegn said:

You guys got room? If so what do you lack?

Not certain on both counts :)
    elminster said:

If you want to you throw your character file here in a file and we can put it into the game. That way you won't come in underleveled

Would be awesome. ...umm. Where do i upload it? >.>
    When you are writing a new comment here you see the "Attach a file" that appears just below the comment? As long as its in a zip file it should work.
    Ah well just let me know.
    elminster said:

When you are writing a new comment here you see the "Attach a file" that appears just below the comment? As long as its in a zip file it should work.

Ok cool. Was it ever decided what I am playing?
    edited November 2013

elminster said:

I'm a Berserk -> Druid, Miahkai is a fighter/thief multi, so basically anything that isn't that haha. Having at least one mage (or some variation on a mage) would be good but it doesn't have to be you if thats not your thing.

Edit: Woops, missed news about the Gnome Illusionist. I guess play whatever. It would be good if we had something more tankish. But go with whatever makes you happy.
    elminster said:

elminster said:

I'm a Berserk -> Druid, Miahkai is a fighter/thief multi, so basically anything that isn't that haha. Having at least one mage (or some variation on a mage) would be good but it doesn't have to be you if thats not your thing.

Edit: Woops, missed news about the Gnome Illusionist. I guess play whatever. It would be good if we had something more tankish. But go with whatever makes you happy.
    Alright. Guess i got it right. Thanks guys :)
    edited November 2013
    @Raphae
    @Miahkai
    @Cynric_Aldrich
    @Soveriegn

Well Ascerion hasn't popped in. So if any of you are still interested I say we just go for it. Lacking a specific time how about 2-3:30pm on saturday?
    Good for me. I'll be ready. 2pm EST? -5 right?