Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    So the 18th is my half-sister's birthday and I need to go to my fathers in order to give her her present, so I'm not sure when I'll be available that day.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    Miahkai said:

So the 18th is my half-sister's birthday and I need to go to my fathers in order to give her her present, so I'm not sure when I'll be available that day.

No worries. We may spend a lot of time trying to see if it will work, and I kind of suspect it won't at first. Hamachi only lets you have 5 people on a network for instance, so that is bound to lead to issues if we choose to use it. I guess the 6th person could just connect to the Hamachi network address, but idk how well it will work out regardless.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    elminster said:
    Finals are over, im out for the next few weeks, But i have heard multiplayer has a lot of issues.
    edited December 2012
    Its better now but I think its best we wait. Just figured I'd inquire as to what the status of our group is.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Im off for another week and a half!
    edited December 2012
    Considering @xxxsmb1987xxx, and @Ascerion haven't been online for 1-3 weeks I think its likely that they aren't coming back. So with that in mind ( @MedullaOblongata , @LordsDarkKnight185, @Miahkai) if there is anyone (and it doesn't have to be just you three) that is still interested in just trying multiplayer out let me know.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    I'm up for a game @elmister, been waiting for a group to get together myself, but with the holidays it may take a while. And since i have all the time in the world right now... lemme know what you need in terms of character if you'll have me.
    I'm still interested, and I'm off until the 2nd of January. After that I'm free almost every evening. Got my halfling F-T, been playing with her on SP, she's a tough cookie!
    edited December 2012
    elminster-Shapeshifter-(half-elf)-Neutral
    xxxsmb1987xxx -Fighter-(Human)-Chaotic good
    LordsDarkKnight185-Cleric/Mage-(Half-elf)-Neutral good
    Ascerion-Berserker-(Half-Orc)-Neutral good
    Miahkai-Wild Mage -(Elf)-Chaotic good
    MedullaOblongata -Fighter/thief-Halfling- Chaotic good

I'm assuming Miahkai and LordsDarkKnight185 are still interested even if it is on weekends (with multiple people fetch and carry quests should go by quickly).

@Liberelli It looks like ideally we'd have you doing some kind of melee role. You don't have to of course its just more of an issue of balance/needing a meat shield. What time zone are you in? I think the rest of us are in Eastern US/ Canada or Central US/Canada (so like -5 UTC to -7 UTC).
    Post edited by elminster on
    I'm still up for some Multiplayer, just been caught up with Xmas crazyness
    I entirely understand. It is a hectic time of year.
    I'm in UTC +1 but i work nights, so even in the holidays im pretty much on PST time :)
    I could do a shapeshifter, i've never actually played that before... i do love me a nice set of armor tho...
    Hard to decide, i'll roll some characters and see what strikes my fancy. Even after all these years i dont think i've ever once played as a gnome or halfling either :)
  • PasidiousPasidious Member Posts: 8
    I'm interested, I'm in GMT +10:00 time zone (+11:00 day light savings) which may be a problem. I am however willing to play any character build.
    edited December 2012
    @Pasidious

I appreciate your interest but I kind of feel like that if you are 15+ hours ahead of the 4 of us (so other than Liberelli) that is going to present logistical problems. If someone in the current group who is living at -7 utc (there is someone I think like this in the group) were prepared to play at 7am (local time for them) that would mean that you would be starting to play with us at 2am (local time for you).

I think most of the groups (1-3) who have been writing here have also been North American.
  • PasidiousPasidious Member Posts: 8
    I thought it would be a long shot but I keen to give multi a go BG is a killer game and I can only imagine that it gets better with multi.
    You're going to see a lot of this while fooling around town:

"Party has gained 10 xp."

:3
    I'm torn between an inquisitor, a shapeshifter or a F/M, these can all handle themselves well in melee. Any preferences from the group?
  • ilihCilihC Member Posts: 2
    Im intrested to join. Are pretty much free whenever for 2 weeks now. So will gladly join if its any room left. :) My timzone is Gmt +1.

You're going to see a lot of this while fooling around town:

:3

Followed immediately by an abrupt "I am the law!!!" :P
    "UP YOURS YOU UPPITY BALD VIRGIN!!"
  • DeanDean Member Posts: 2
    Guys, someone on the forum has set up a large teamspeak chat that people can meet up on and arrange a mp game. Im on for the next few hours if anyone reads this soon.

teamspeak ip: voice.graylinesgaming.com
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Yeah im the TS server right now
    edited November 2013
    @xxxsmb1987xxx
    @LordsDarkKnight185
    @Miahkai
    @MedullaOblongata
    @Ascerion

Major thread bump

LMAO

Good news! It only took a year to get matchmaking. Any of you guys still up for multiplayer? hehe.
    @elminster
    Hail ye chosen of Mystra

I was thinking about casting Raise Dead on this thread as well. I have been waiting anxiously for this feature myself.
    elminster said:

Miahkai said:

So I guess the plan is for us not only to play through BG:EE but also BG2:EE as a group?

I'm not going to commit myself to something that is more than a year away lol. Don't get me wrong, I just can't guarantee anything :)

<.< Just leaving this here for irony sake.
    Haha...yep. Funny how things turn out.
    edited November 2013
    Oh damn, Hey guys. Is it actually working with multiple people now? I might be up for giving it a go. Though I likely wouldn't be a Wild Mage, I find myself drawn to the Archer.
    Post edited by Miahkai on
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    Multiplayer seems to kind of work... its really stable with 2 people and kind of stable with 3, anything more i get crashes all the time
  • Cynric_AldrichCynric_Aldrich Member Posts: 31
    I'm willing to join up. I wouldn't mind playing with some fun chaps.