Skip to content

Mouse cursor disappears while managing inventory. (FIXED)

Comments

• SehagaSehaga Member Posts: 5
    Bump! The game is unplayable like this!
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    Happening to me too. Also using Vista...
  • Eddie_KaspbrakEddie_Kaspbrak Member Posts: 29
    Does anybody know if it's being worked on/is possible to be fixed/is going to be fixed soon?
  • HectorHector Member Posts: 23
    Seriously bummed by this - how does a game spoiling bug stay in after so much time?
  • ducerinoducerino Member Posts: 8
    i've got the same thing...
    Now, I don't know if this is related, but to fix something else I disabled triple buffering and enabled v-sync on my graphics card. It's solved all my graphics related problems so far, so give it a go.
    How much have you played/tested with those new settings? I'll certainly give it a go, thank you!
    Not very much, and the cursor bug just reappeared. So disregard that in relation to this problem, sorry. :////
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm sure I saw this elsewhere but can't find it.

[BUG] When I put the helmet bought from Winthrop onto my Blackguard the pointer vanishes never to be seen again. Also BG:EE then needs to be hard reset through the task manager. I've tried a couple of goes and it was always the helmet that caused this for me.

[EXPECTED] Pointer shouldn't vanish.
  • KoekenmakerKoekenmaker Member Posts: 21
    Use window mode alt+enter what os are you using?
    edited November 2012
    @Koekenmaker
    Windows doesn't help, if I windows out I still can't close it down, even by clicking on the X icon of the window, hence why the hard reset through the task manager is required.

Windows Vista - this is pretty much the only issue I've had other than a stuttery intro vid and some weird Minsc not being able to equip his sword due to insufficient strength in the tutorial bug which I can't replicate.
    edited November 2012
    not alt+tab but alt+enter to play in windowscreen. Hmm no matter maybe you do have another issue but i do know vista is giving mouse troubles in fullscreen mode.
    @Koekenmaker
    Perfect. That worked fine.

I wonder what is causing it - as soon as I pick up that helmet all goes to pot.
    edited November 2012
    No idea what is causing it but has something to do with vista all other os's don,t seem to have this problem should be easy for the devs to figure this one out right :P
  • Whitewind617Whitewind617 Member Posts: 9

Does anybody know if it's being worked on/is possible to be fixed/is going to be fixed soon?

This bug was one of the first to be reported, so they've known about it for as long as the game has been out. Mulitple developers have replied and said they're working on it, but I don't think they've come up with a fix yet. I'm sure it will be in the first patch. That and the Raasad Dialogue bug are the two biggest ones they're focused on I think.
  • Luke00016Luke00016 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    See title. As soon as I click on any item in my inventory my mouse disappears. I can still move it around and click on things but I can't see where I'm clicking. If I alt-tab the mouse image returns until I click back in the game and it disappears again. Makes the game fairly unplayable :(.

Any solutions?
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • FWHJamesFWHJames Member Posts: 29
    Same thing here. Any ideas on how to fix this?
  • hiddenrabbithiddenrabbit Member Posts: 3
    getting the same.. it's not every item. first it was a helmet now it's arrows.... does make it pretty much unplayable
    Ok thanks, I'll just sit back and wait then I guess :)
  • FWHJamesFWHJames Member Posts: 29
    update it only happens when I try and move a stack of arrows
  • kiltzombiekiltzombie Member Posts: 1
    same here. right from the get go. i buy items from winthrop and once i move/equip it my cursor is gone.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I've got the same problem. Playing in window-mode works to circumvent the problem. Only drawback is that you have to scroll with the arrow keys.
  • GhihomGhihom Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    Same for me as well
    Edit: Seems to be an error in replacing the mouse icon with an item icon, does not happen on all items.
    Post edited by Ghihom on
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    This seems to be happening for specific video cards. Please list your system specs and OS version.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Hopefully this gets fixed soon. because I have the same problem...erm..uhhh *bump*
  • Luke00016Luke00016 Member Posts: 7
    I'm running Vista Ultimate Home Edition 64-bit, AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.3ghz, and an ATI Radeon HD 4800.
  • GhihomGhihom Posts: 6
    edited November 2012
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name Computer-PC
    System Manufacturer alienware
    System Model Area-51 7500 R6
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS P5N-D ACPI BIOS Revision 0801, 8/1/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
    User Name Computer-PC\Computer
    Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.77 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 8.21 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 5.10 GB
    Page File Space 4.29 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

it says its a Nvidia Gforce GT 220
    Post edited by Ghihom on
  • let me know if u need any other bits if i can find them
  • mpgmpg Posts: 1
    Same deal - mouse vanishes. Pretty much unplayable.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHZ
    6GB ram
    AMD Radeon 6700.
    Vista

Damn the game looks good too.