Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• mibblesmibbles Member Posts: 31
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Go right ahead! :D I can see the resemblance, now that you mentioned it. :D

Knowing someone wants to use something I made as a portrait feels pretty darn neat, so than you for asking! :D

Everyone is welcome to use it if they want to.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    You did nice work, @mibbles . :D

I did NOT make it. Found it looking for portraits.
    Smiling_ImpQuartzAristilliusCrevsDaak
  • EleosEleos Member Posts: 48
    Does anyone know where I can find a higher resolution version of this guy?

Why? Because he's awesome.
    BaldursCatSeaJeyKavain
    Thanks, @reedmilfam :D

There is a definite lack of orcy portraits in the game. I'm trying to make a half-orc portrait at the moment.

Still needs a lot of work before it's finished. Those tusks are annoying the heck out of me.
    SophiaSmiling_ImpMoomintrollAristillius
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Nice blackguards:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DarkDogg said:

Nice blackguards:

@DarkDogg Isn't that a contradiction?

@mibbles - I found a couple, but putting the portraits onto a website is a challenge for me. I don't have accounts that make it easy.
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    Awesome pics, grand thread.

It is actually very fun/interesting idea to use 2 or 3 different incarnations of the Abdel face.

DarkDogg said:

Nice blackguards:

@DarkDogg Isn't that a contradiction?

@mibbles - I found a couple, but putting the portraits onto a website is a challenge for me. I don't have accounts that make it easy.
    Sorry, my fault (
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @Syntia13
    I'm not DarkDogg, but I can answer your question about the armors. The first is just a recolor of the original portrait's armor and the second is a white and gold recolor of the armor from Sarevok's BG2 portrait.
    Syntia13CrevsDaak
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @LadyEibhilinRhett

@Syntia13
    I'm not DarkDogg, but I can answer your question about the armors. The first is just a recolor of the original portrait's armor and the second is a white and gold recolor of the armor from Sarevok's BG2 portrait.

*facepalm* Of course. I didn't recognize them, as I never used that knight portrait, and only traveled with Sarevok once or twice. Thanks for reminding me. :)

• TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    edited December 2012
    Syntia13 said:

@mercyfulfate1988, @TiaxRulesAll, this Yoshimo comes from this gallery: http://ftg386.deviantart.com/gallery/39474689 , and there are other excellent portraits there. :)@Tome, you should check this gallery as well, there's a Loki there that's light years better than mine.

@reedmilfam cutting and scaling is planned for this weekend, after that I'll probably upload them to the collection @TiaxRulesAll started. (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8413/bgee-custom-portraits-dropbox-lets-compile-them-all-here)

@Koson - as @reedmilfam mentioned, the artist specifically asked not to modify/use his work, so I just used it as reference. That mask looked a bit like it was made out of a curved deer scull, so I googled for a pic of scull shown from a right angle:
    http://www.connecticutvalleybiological.com/images/sp3100.jpg
    and modified the hell out of it. The end result is thus:

img ="http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Syntia13/Baldur s Gate stuff/Mask.png
    Do you like?

so much awesome in this post but Ill just comment on the above parts Thanks for the link to the Yoshimo, thats what I was looking for, also grabbed a few more from there. Gonna resize and add to my collection thread. Glad to see you will be uploading there soon as well. I really cant wait to see all your work.

And that mask picture is amazing, I really like this one, gonna have to use it for sure.
    Syntia13Eleos
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Freche said:

Sure I can do that.
    Uploaded at http://www.mediafire.com/?4q855ucrcm5o2rl

None of the artwork is done by me, I have just sized and cut images I have found to fit the new portrait sizes for BG:EE

Hey thanks Freche!

Here are some portraits I've cropped. I haven't done any of the art.

Download: http://ylilammi.com/misc/BGEE_Portraits_2012_12_01.7z

Contact jerry.ylilammi@gmail.com if you own any of them and want them taken down.
    @Syntia13 YAY NO MORE TUSKS. Thanks for that! One less thing to worry about. Still needs a whole lot tinkering, but it's all good fun. :D
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited December 2012
    @Syntia13: Thanks for finding the alternate Loki portrait-but I really like the art yours was based off, so now I've got a tough decision. :S
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Syntia13 Is very nice, thank you! If is not too much to ask, could you darken a bit the leather headband to match the shirt / armor in color, and engrave celtic/pagan looking runes on the deer skull?
    I knew the first picture was copyrighted (and could have linked to a book cover using same image where the copyright notice would have been absent), but thought it would be ok to use/alter the mask while not tinkering with the portrait itself.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Eleos said:

I'm working on a variation of that right now. It doesn't have the black armor or goatie, but it could be edited, and is at the resolution of the large portrait (210 x 310). I'm saving the separate parts (face, hood, armor) before merging and could email them to you, if you'd like. I'll be posting the image shortly.

Eleos
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    edited December 2012
    @DarkDogg imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where are those armors from, that's what I'd like to know *stares at the armor greedily*.
    Oh, pardon my manners. Good pictures. :) But seriously, where are the armors from?

The armor is from Sarevok's portrait.

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    @Syntia13 'Oooooh, beefcake! Yum! ... I mean, handsome men who surely deserve respect and should not be objectified, despite looking sexy shirtless. ;D

What? What? Perfectly nice eye-candy, what's the problem? ;P'

Hmmm, well, I also have this one, minus the smiley:

Warning, contains a naked but censored man:

• CardinCardin Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Come on guys, but someone must have noticed, in all these years... xD

compared to this

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/ludacris-2006-clive-davis-pre-grammy-awards-party-iiPnTt.jpg

• EleosEleos Member Posts: 48
    Philhelm said:

I'm working on a variation of that right now. It doesn't have the black armor or goatie, but it could be edited, and is at the resolution of the large portrait (210 x 310). I'm saving the separate parts (face, hood, armor) before merging and could email them to you, if you'd like. I'll be posting the image shortly.

Yes, please. I'll PM you.
  • AK47AK47 Member Posts: 28
    Mungri said:

Lulz ...

So sorry :p

lol
    lunar
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Hmmm, can anyone help me ... I recently saw some really good pictures of Edwin on deviantart linked somewhere on this forum, but now I cant find them.

There was one I wanted to use for my PC.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Eleos said:

[snippage]

Oh, now that is some nice work.

• BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    I'm using this image for my Charname, I've used it for a while for various things and found it via a Google image search for green goddess. I later found out the artist has done some cover art for Elaine Cunningham's non-realmsian novels .
This discussion has been closed.