Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Check out this thread It is a nice collection that is growing and growing. This is still a better place to post single pics, but collections can be shared easily through @TiaxRulesAll 's dropbox
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited December 2012
    Aha, I found the one I wanted:

Also I spotted these which arent bad:

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Lots of portraits - I did a lot of MS paint work and adjustment to get the sizes right. Sources include @trinit and @Syntia13, among others. Portraits.zip

Hope somebody likes it.
  • TalarashaTalarasha Member Posts: 62
    edited December 2012
    Devs change the size of game portraits. Ok, that one was unexpected... many of my portraits no longer an option :( My favourite half-orc included. And I haven't any .xcf-files. Advantually I found the source image and make a 210x330 version for using with EE. Sadly, the portait lost something in redraw-process. Original art by Desperish (http://desperish.deviantart.com/art/Rathgar-302309931). BG1/2 version:
    Version for EE-usage:
    Post edited by Talarasha on
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70

Lots of portraits - I did a lot of MS paint work and adjustment to get the sizes right. Sources include @trinit and @Syntia13, among others. Portraits.zip

Hope somebody likes it.

Great! Thanks :)

@Eleutheros Is the link working? I might have botched something with it. It should load a big Zip file of images, some are hopefully worth it for you to use.
    @Talarasha It definitely looks paler - you might try re-shading it. If you have trouble, let me know and I'll try.
    @Mungri - top one is really nice. The other two - I don't think so highly of, especially the 3rd. I'd crop the 1st, just to have less wasted space in a limited image size. Should look pretty good.
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    edited December 2012
    @reedmilfam I was actually about to ask for a new link when I replied, but when I quoted your text I saw the url, copied it and could download the file :)
    Let me know what you think. I'm especially proud of the druid one. None of the art is mine. I just made it BG compatible.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    I've made a little page containing some of the custom portraits I currently use..
    http://www.invarietateconcordia.de/bgee/bgee.html

Elsiane->Imoen
    Mialee->Branwen
    Oji->Faldorn
    Yvalee Sszarra->Viconia

I use the others for my main or "The Black Pits" chars.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Oh hello Brad, come with me please, I have a uh, 'quest' for you...

Aherm, yes, portraits approved!
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    @Herd_Thorvaldson thanks for sharing the pics. I really like the one in the bottom left corner but im curious and hoping you or someone else can tell me who that is a pic of and where I might be able to find the original pic used. Thanks in advance

@Syntia13 ..... O_o I dont know who that is...
  • Smiling_ImpSmiling_Imp Member Posts: 24
    @Herd_Thorvaldson Very nice. I have been using that Mazzy portrait for years and forgot where it came from.

BTW.. It might be tragically obvious to some but whose face is that being used in the Mazzy alternate?
  • Herd_ThorvaldsonHerd_Thorvaldson Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    All portraits were made by me about 10 years ago, glad you stll like them, guys! Will check if I still have the source pic for that portrait.
    Post edited by Herd_Thorvaldson on
    edited December 2012
    oh duh, now i know who im looking at ;)

and thanks Herd_Torvaldson, let me know
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    @Herd_Thorvaldson
    I really like the modified Mazzy one.
    @TiaxRulesAll Here is the source
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
    @Smiling_Imp I think that is Mischa Barton
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126
    Just want to let everyone know that I am working on a "Super Ultimate Enhanced Edition Portrait Pack" for BG:EE.

I originally created the Ultimate Portrait Pack back in the day for a standardized portrait set for my gaming group when we did BG1 runs.

@Syntia13 Your stuff is fantastic! Do you mind if I include some of it in the new portrait pack? I plan to include an HTML file with all the authors and their portraits outlined.
    @Paheej that is AWESOME

I think that is Mischa Barton

nah, thats not Mischa Barton, Its gonna drive me nuts now too.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    She looks sinister. Looks great.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
    @Smiling_Imp I think that is Mischa Barton

I ment Mazzy - Micha Barton :)
    The other girl is some supermodel, nameless hero...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Looks like Kiera Knightley, to me.
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2012

The two protagonists of our multiplayer setup. Hope is a Paladin of Oghma (if those don't exist they do now) and the Bhaalspawn. She's huge, beefy and incredibly well mannered. She had a close relationship with Gorion despite (or perhaps because of) her lack of magical aptitude. She tends to be the diplomat in any given situation.

Myrthe, the half-elf (fighter/thief), is Gorion's biological daughter had with a friend of the Harpers over some unfortunate brief relationship and has lived alone in the keep with him ever since her mother fled the scene. She was by and large responsible for the day to day raising of the young Hope despite calling Hope her 'sister' and is hugely protective of her. She has (had) a very strained relationship with her father quite often and ultimately rejected the magical arts despite her capacity and tutor.

I made these two portraits out of a number of different images. Myrthe is part Gemma Arterton amongst other things and Hope is mostly a Nykolai Aleksander painting.
    Post edited by ElizabethSterling on
This discussion has been closed.