Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2012
    @Veldriss Sorry to hear you're having trouble. It should work on all resolutions scaled or not scaled. Make sure you see .mos and .bam files in the override folder.
    @mlnevese Thank you. Glad you're enjoying it.
  • Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27
    @Magevil quick question, did you take the skulls out of the ui, because I didn't see them when I was testing the ui this morning :(
  • VeldrissVeldriss Member Posts: 8
    @mlnevese no subfolder inside, the files unzipped are inside override directory

@Notepic4 it's the same reason that I thought... @Magevil confirm?
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    edited December 2012
    this version is better. But in my opinion, I find that left side icons are a little bit too flashy.
    Post edited by Seldar on
  • VeldrissVeldriss Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Now it works, my mistake, sorry.

I like the colour brown/yellow, especially at night (more light on my keyboard).
    Thx for this mod :):)
    Post edited by Veldriss on
  • AK47AK47 Member Posts: 28
    The new version is better, and the lay out really nice !

The problem with the inventory is all the space wasted with the buttons, the text box and the small portrait. IWD2 screens and interface are better balanced:
    http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd2/media/screenshots/interface/
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    I really like this, wish i had known earlier that you were doing this as i have almost finished a full gui re-color / alteration myself, guess I will still post when i've done it but it looks like you are putting a lot more effort in than me!
  • Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27
    AK47 said:

The new version is better, and the lay out really nice !

The problem with the inventory is all the space wasted with the buttons, the text box and the small portrait. IWD2 screens and interface are better balanced:
    http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd2/media/screenshots/interface/

I agree, I like the IWD2 interface much better.
    @magevil if you could somehow make the inventory like that, it would be awesome :-)
  • stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Awesome! Cant wait to give this a try later tonight. Good job!
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Can you make stats to look distinctively separate, like in Kwiat's GUI? I liked that very much.
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    don t work, i have unzip all files in override
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2012
    For me worked only main screen UI. Character sheet for instance didnt.
    Now for feedback.

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

Spaces between quick slots look strange. At first i thought it's some kind of graphic bug. I think it's due to those vices. I would delete them and leave only those at the sides.
    Also i would change icon color from gold to light blue like it was in BGII and how @Kerozevok did. In my opinion it looks much better and resemble great BG UI.

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2012/12/02/121202091910370067.jpg

Blue icon colors + your high quality background art = perfect looking GUI.

Can't wait for you to finish your job.
    Post edited by Etamin on
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    Looking awesome! Really liking how this is coming along.

Edit: I noticed the Record screen in the OP screenshot, but it did not appear in my game. Did you not include that in the beta file?

@Notepic4
    If you have the game set to the scaled UI (not using the ScaleUI 0 command in Baldur.ini) then you won't see the skulls because they are outside the range of the scaled UI real estate.
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    Oh man oh man oh man.

Why didn't Overhaul hire you exactly?
  • BehindTheMonkeyBehindTheMonkey Member Posts: 2
    Nice work. I gonna try it.

Btw, I got a question: where can I find the portrait you're using for your half elf archer?
  • doodlesdoodles Member Posts: 14
    I don't even have an 00766 folder nor an override folder, I created them then extracted the mods into it but it doesn't work :(
    @Notepic4 the skulls have been moved over away from the UI elements and toned the graphic down to avoid distractions. Its still present but you might not see it if your not using lower than 1920x1080 resolution...
    @Seldar - I'm glad your liking the improvements. The icons on the left are almost the same as stock icons basically only altered the border. However, I do agree that they are a bit bright. I might consider toning them down. It's ALOT of work to edit the icons so I will have to think about it. Thanks for the feedback.

@Veldriss - Happy to see you got it figured out. Thank you.

@Requiem - You should still finish it up and post it on the forums though. So many people have different tastes. Thanks for the feedback.

@AK47 - Couldn't agree more about the inventory. This is a very serious overhaul your talking about though. I'm not sure its possible. I know overhaul is taking about adjusting the waste space for high resolutions with non-scale option. Lets wait to see what happens with this before I jump into that type of project. Thanks for the feedback.

@stardog765 - Thanks - let me know what you think!

@Xzar - I really have no idea what you mean. Please be more descriptive and possibly include images... "distinctively separate" ???? Thanks.

@Sarnind - Make sure you see .bam and .mos files in the override folder. It should work for everyone. Let me know if I can help further.

@Etamin - Those are all great suggestions. I will have to think about them a bit more. I can see what you are saying about the graphic on the bottom. The gold icons might just stay and be toned down a bit because I also created by hand the bottom gold buttons. Thanks for the feedback.

@WabbitTwaks - The record screen should be in BETA 3.0 release. I just wanted to share some updates via screenshots of what I'm working on. Thanks for the feedback.

@sea - haha - thanks!

@BehindTheMonkey - Thank you! That is a custom portrait that I made. If you'd like I can share it...just say the word.

@doodles - Everyone should have a 00766 folder. When you installed the game did you do a custom install directory? If you have a Baldur's Gate shortcut icon on your desktop right click it and go to open file location. Do you see a Data folder? Then you should see 00766 folder... Let me know. Thanks.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Here - http://imageshack.us/f/513/baldr000.jpg/

As you can see, there are separate boxes for each stat. It really adds to readability and aesthetic pleasure. imho.
    @Magevil I will just wait till you finish and see how it looks like. At least maybe you will be able to do second option with blue icons so all will be satisfied. Good luck!
  • BehindTheMonkeyBehindTheMonkey Member Posts: 2
    @Magevil Ok great. I send you a PM right now. Thank you, mate.
    Magevil said:

@doodles - Everyone should have a 00766 folder. When you installed the game did you do a custom install directory? If you have a Baldur's Gate shortcut icon on your desktop right click it and go to open file location. Do you see a Data folder? Then you should see 00766 folder... Let me know. Thanks.

I managed to figure it out, thanks :) but a new problem arose, The main screen UI is now changed but the inventory, record etc. screens are in the same default style. I attached a picture as an example, any suggestions on how to fix it would be great, thanks :)

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2wqbwa9.jpg[/IMG]

edited December 2012
    @doodles It's just not done yet. Currently only main window is changed. Mod is in beta state, so you will just have to wait for full release.
    Etamin said:

@doodles It's just not done yet. Currently only main window is changed. Mod is in beta state. Wait for full release.

Alright, thanks. I just figured that the other screens were finished based on the screenshots in the first post, definitely looking forward to the finished product!

BETA 3.0 released with major improvements on bottom panel button visibility. No busy vine texture behind the buttons. Feedback welcomed! Thank you.
    Etamin said:

@doodles It's just not done yet. Currently only main window is changed. Mod is in beta state, so you will just have to wait for full release.

Exactly. :)
    @Etamin - I took your recommendation and improved the bottom UI for button visibility. Check it out and let me know what you think. BETA 3.0 released.
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    Outstanding work! It is looking fantastic. Furthermore, it looks great in scaled and non-scaled mode. I am impressed! This will be awesome when it is complete.

Edit: In fact, I feel it is complete enough and looks so good now that I will not be removing it. I will just update it as you put them out. *Standing ovation*
    @WabbitTwaks - Well thank you. That sure gives me more inspiration to keep going. Much appreciated. :)
This discussion has been closed.