Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    @Magevil
    I do what I can ;D
  • stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Awesome work!!! Should have looked like this when released.
    Heck of a job m8
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @stardog765 Thanks. That's why its beta - working out the bugs. :)
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    @Magevil
    Thinking @stardog765 meant BG:EE should have looked like this at release. I quite agree. Hehe.
    Ohhh no sir you misunderstand. Your work has been top notch from the first version. I am referring to the games crappy UI compared to yours. They should have hired you to do the thing in the first place.

Sorry if you misunderstood me. Your first release was awesome too man :)
  • Looks great, will be amazing when it's finished. I also think it would look better with silver/blue buttons however, brings back that BG2 feel. Hopefully it's not too much work to make 2 versions.
    @stardog765 Ah, ok. I appreciate it. IMO the first released sucked, lol. I have some awesome ideas for various pages I'm excited to work on and reveal. It's only going to get better.
    @BillPaxtonPinball - The buttons are the majority of time. The buttons are animations and very tough to deal with. I already converted the bottom buttons over to gold which was a large amount of my modding time. It is something under consideration and need to think about more. I may look into brown buttons or toning the gold down a bit. Thanks for the feedback.
    YOu could leave it the way it is right now and I would be a happy camper now worries there.
    @stardog765 - I really have no idea at this point. Just going to go with the flow and see what happens. I don't want to make any hasty decisions at this point and cost myself more time on going back instead of forward.
    Ya I dont blame ya.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Magevil I really think you should concentrate on finishing the screens before doing minor cosmetic changes. The real hard work will be to change all the screens the interface uses... Good luck with that :)
    @mlnevese - Yup, that is the primary focus moving forward. :)
    Might have BETA 3.5 avail later tonight with inventory, map, options, record and possible more...
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Looks much better without graphic between quick slots. But those gold icons doesnt contrast too well with brown background. At main screen i have a feeling that i have changed blue defaut UI for gold one. Inventory hovewer (and possibly rest tabs) looks much better with brown background than blue. I still hope you will do second version with blue icons (i can bet it would have more downloads than gold one, due to BG2 feel).
    @Etamin - Gold and brown go better together then brown and blue IMO. If anything I would tone the gold down or possibly make brown icons. IDK.
    @Etamin - I've got inventory, Map, Journal, Record, Mage Book, Priest Scroll, Options, Start, and Load Screens all done. Will upload later tonight or tomorrow. BETA 4.0!
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    without any doubt one of the best graphic work that i ever seen @Magevil nice m8 :)
  • mirko008mirko008 Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Absolutely great UI, but could you please consider to tone down the gold color of action icons?
    like this:
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    The images look absolutely amazing. I'll probably wait until the finished version is out, but until then you have my full support. :)
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Well I just tested it.

I like it, colors are better like that, it looks like a mix between BG1 and BG2.

Some questions :

is that normal that inventory is still blue ?

I think there is also too many "empty space"

And is that possible to change the colors when you selected the AI for exemple ?
    like that :

http://hpics.li/e3fe68e

It is more visible.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    ok this is amazing work man ! I couldn't stand the UI made by Overhaul... Looks good so far but like other said, I'm not tood fond of the gold action icons... I agree that it looks beautiful but a light blue like Bg2 would be more kind to the eyes I think. Anyways, I'm using your UI and It really changes my experience =D
  • MeizMeiz Member Posts: 18
    I haven't even tested this yet, and already drooling for your beta 4.0 :]
    @mirko008 - Thanks for the feedback. This is becoming a popular request and it's under consideration for sure.

@Tome - Like I've mentioned before beta is about having input in the final product. If you care about the Mod then I suggest helping beta test and your opinion will be considered. Thanks. :)

@Seldar - Completely agree about the look. The inventory and other screens are still coming. If you get a chance please read the update log for more information. BETA 4.0 will be out soon. Empty space will be addressed better in BETA 4.0 but the majority of empty space is because of overhaul design. Yes I might implement the color of the button on selection if I change the interface buttons. Thanks for your excellent suggestions.

@neospirit - Icon color is a popular topic and something I may address in a future beta. Thanks for your support and feedback.

@Meiz - Glad your liking what you see. Let me know how it goes when you get it installed. Thanks.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    @Magevil: Darn, way to guilt trip me with that line. :P Fine, I guess I'll have to give it a go now. :)
    @Tome - lol, let me know how it goes. Thanks for jumping on board.
    edited December 2012
    Will release BETA 4.0 later this afternoon. Read 'update log' on page 1 for more information.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    Magevil said:

Will release BETA 4.0 later this afternoon. Read 'update log' on page 1 for more information.

I'll dl it as soon as I see you've uploaded it =)

• doodlesdoodles Member Posts: 14
    4.0 *.*
    BETA 4.0 is going to be later than I had anticipated. Late tonight or tomorrow. It will be worth the wait. 2 different button set options: gold or brown and various other improvements! Excited to reveal it.
This discussion has been closed.