Skip to content

E.T.A. for MacOSX version?

Comments

• Korevas17Korevas17 Member Posts: 57
    I got an email from Philip saying it will arrive sometime before christmas so hopefully they are able to make that happen.
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    edited December 2012
    @Xtopher Yes, we Mac users have a history of being shafted by game devs. But this is NOT one of those cases at all. And if you want to talk about skewing data, turning your back on the Mac version... well, I don't see how this resolves the problem you've observed. In fact, rather the opposite.

As someone else on this thread has observed, this delay actually may be a *good* thing, given the issues and bugs that are cropping up with the PC version. I think a little patience here will be rewarded in the end. As the kinks get ironed out of the enhanced infinity engine, we'll see things like the IWD expansion, IWD 2 and Planescape: Torment come to the Mac side for the first time ever.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    looks like it was submitted:

"OSX version will come out when Apple is happy with the version we submitted."

• comatorycomatory Member Posts: 30

looks like it was submitted:

"OSX version will come out when Apple is happy with the version we submitted."

I was about to post this. Just read it on Twitter few mins ago. Looks good I think, unless there's some huge bug or they reject it from M.A.S. for some reason, it should arrive within two weeks which sounds really good.

Honestly I was quite surprised that the iPad version came so fast, I thought it'd take another week at least and we'd see OS X version in January.

I'm crossing my fingers for earlier release.

@comatory the ipad version came so fast because they applied for an expedited review. I assume they did the same for OS X, so it could theoretically arrive at any moment...
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    I really hope they asked for expedited...

Does Apple work on Sundays?
    @catheraaine yes, they review and approve through the weekend.
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    @FuzzyPuffin Thanks!

I should totally send them cookies. Or a hooker. Or a hooker with cookies, who will just stand there and tease until they approve the OSX version...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Cerevant said:

Given the Intel chipset issues, I'm curious about how well it will work in Bootcamp compared to Parallels. Bootcamp probably runs pretty generic video drivers, while Parallels is running a compatibility layer on top of the fined tuned OSX drivers.

I have been running BG:EE on Bootcamp from Nov. 28th and it has worked flawlessly.
  • weirddealsweirddeals Member Posts: 2
    According to Trent Oster's twitter, he is "hopeful" that OSX will be out by the end of the month.
  • TriangleheadTrianglehead Member Posts: 40
    Remember though, they have to stick to general statements like that now. We could see it released tomorrow if we're lucky.
  • pl1ghtpl1ght Member Posts: 7
    Cerevant said:

Given the Intel chipset issues, I'm curious about how well it will work in Bootcamp compared to Parallels. Bootcamp probably runs pretty generic video drivers, while Parallels is running a compatibility layer on top of the fined tuned OSX drivers.

and it sure does run pretty flawless in parallels 8 with that layer on top of osx.

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    pl1ght said:

Cerevant said:

and it sure does run pretty flawless in parallels 8 with that layer on top of osx.

The current Windows version of BGEE runs pretty flawlessly under Bootcamp/Windows 7 on my mid-2012 Macbook Air (which has Intel HD 4000 graphics), but I will still buy the Mac OS X native version when it comes out, as its a pain to have to boot into Windows just to play the game.
  • weirddealsweirddeals Member Posts: 2
    Looks like they didn't get their Expedited Review:
    So...two weeks. It's going to be close to make it in time before iTunes connect closes on the 21st for the holidays.
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Well I am not sure if this isn't just a blessing in disguise? I mean lets face it if it was here right now I'd be playing it? And right before Christmas with all the crazy stuff me and my kids have going on that would make it hard. I would end up pulling all nighters getting no sleep. My job would suffer my kids would have a grumpy dad.. :) However January is looking like a cold and boring month! Can't wait!!
    Seems as if it'll be a small chance to get approved before the 21st. We'd have to be really lucky, but we haven't had a lot of luck as of late, though it could be worse. Count me a skeptic, unfortunately.
    I think it'll make it.
  • hey maybe some of the people in Apple are Baldur's Gate fans and will want to play it themselves :)
    Let's hope so. We could use some help on the inside. :)
  • leRenardruseleRenardruse Member Posts: 18

Seems as if it'll be a small chance to get approved before the 21st. We'd have to be really lucky, but we haven't had a lot of luck as of late, though it could be worse. Count me a skeptic, unfortunately.

I second this..

• 4dartist4dartist Member Posts: 6
    pl1ght said:

Cerevant said:

No, it doesn't run flawless in parallels 8. I am running Parallels 8, and Windows 8, the game has a VERY hard time settling on a good resolution and takes time each time you want to play to get it stable. It commonly flickers around resolutions endlessly or if it does stop it flickers black when you move the mouse. If you are lucky you can get it to be stable, but even then the bottom is cut off or the sides are empty causing issues with moving the map with your mouse (you have to use the arrow keys).

Just FYI. On a MacPro 2,1 with 8cores 3.0ghz and ATI Radeon HD 5870 on Lion
    @4dartist perhaps windows 8 is your issue?
    It's very possible. Just saying, don't install parallels expecting perfection. There are situations, like mine, that are less than perfect, although still playable.
    Yea to be honest with the multitude of quick fixes and bugs the team is working on it might be smarter money to just wait for OS X? Any game like this with as many changes as it has had will have a rocky road upon unveil... They have done a beautiful job from what I have previewed already and without too many spoilers I am certain the best meat is still on the bone.

Like any good meal its better to wait till it's done cooking rather than speeding up the process and spoiling the mood of the entire experience. If you rock a Mac don't water down your system playing (anything) that is not being operated with OS X.
  • xander32xander32 Member Posts: 2
    Are the developers allowed to still fix bugs and make updates while they wait for the game to be reviewed, or is the version to be looked at sort of locked in?
    It's locked in. Anything they change now will have to wait for the first patch.
    But we will already be ahead of the game with all of the bugs/fixes already in place.
    Go baby go!
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    My VMWare fusion (not sure if it is officially 'Bootcamp' or not, but it enables me to run Windows 7 on my Macbook 5,2) runs BG:EE nearly flawlessly, so I am debating whether or not to purchase the mac version. I might so that I can still do Mac-related things while playing, and maybe just to give more money to Overhaul for their awesome work. (I can barely say anything else about my MacBook, as I have NO knowledge of computer specs/graphics, but if someone told me where to find these I could provide them).
This discussion has been closed.