Skip to content

E.T.A. for MacOSX version?

PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
edited September 2012 in Mac OS X (Archive)
@TrentOster or @PhillipDaigle: I was wondering, what the estimated time of arrival for the Mac OSX version is? How is the approval process going?

Will it be 'a week' or 'some weeks' after the PC version?
Post edited by Phyrax on

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Phryax It should be 'some weeks' at most. The date isn't known yet but we can assume it will be shortly after PC.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    In the Reddit AMA they said they are likely to submit the game before Sept. 18. According to http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com, App Store approval takes an average of 17 days ATM.
    Quartz
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    17 days? Nooo!!!!!! Surely they will fast track it, otherwise Boo will not be pleased.
  • willbowillbo Member Posts: 7
    Well this is terrifying - hadn't considered the prospect that it might be later than the 18th!
    drawnacrolMoomintroll
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would say a date around september 27 and october 4 is the most probable release window...
    If the app store refresh is on a Thursday, then the 20th is the earliest it will show up - is that right or is that only the iOS app store as opposed to the Mac app store?
  • ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33

If the app store refresh is on a Thursday ...

App store refresh? New apps & updates are released any day of the week. Possibly your getting confused with the weekly update of the Featured and New & Noteworthy lists which happens on a Thursday/Friday depending on timezone.

Given Apple review times (2-3weeks), it would have needed to have been submitted already for any chance of hitting 18-Sept. Which doesn't appear to be the case (still in final stages of development / cleanup as far as I can tell).

It may be disappointing to have to wait a little longer, but personally I'm absolutely chuffed to be getting this on my two favourite platforms (Mac & iOS)
    oldsch00lChurchOfBooRisingsun
  • KathyPW11KathyPW11 Member Posts: 8
    I am so relieved that there WILL be a Mac version! So many PC games leave the Mac world in darkness. Well, anything but iPads, I suppose. I am psyched to hear that Baldur's Gate is having a resurrection! That is my absolute favorite adventure game!!!
    @KathyPW11 You know next year we get Baldur's Gate 2 as well, right? :)
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    I'm gonna be really annoyed if we don't get any official word until, like, the 17th only to then find out we have to wait another two weeks :/
    They'll probably announce when it's submitted to Apple. I wouldn't expect the OSX/iOS versions before the end of the month...
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    The main page still says "September" so this is what i hope for. Damn waiting.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    From TrentOster's Twitter:
    Madolin is playing it on the iMac right now. There are still a few bugs, but it is improving rapidly.
    If they are still ironing out bugs this week, we'll be lucky if it's out in September.
    cloakanddagger
    I don't think they will announce when it's submitted. Isn't the program which we buy from Apple basically just a shell to download the game content? If so, they could submit the shell anytime and be tweaking the game content up to release day (and beyond!).
    Anyway, I hope so because I am too excited about this game. It's like being a kid waiting for xmas.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Honestly, is BG:EE going to hit Mac and instantly become the best game ever released on that platform?
    Moomintroll
    @ChurchOfBoo No, they need to submit the full game for approval. I am pretty sure the launcher is just on the PC anyway, since the point of it is to provide updates, which the Mac app store will be doing.

@bigdogchris Nope. Deus Ex already has that honor. Or is that blasphemous talk around here? ;)
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I just discovered this thread, it makes me very sad :(
    cloakanddagger
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Damn:( I really hope it is out before the end of the month.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2012
    It's disappointing that the Mac community has to wait nearly 2-3 weeks longer than PC users. It practically makes the Sep 18th release date a fallacy, seeing as 2 of the 4 platforms are strictly the Apple users. Which means that nearly 20% of your customers are being F****D
    Post edited by cloakanddagger on
    edited September 2012
    @cloakanddagger I think that's a bit strong! It's just frustrating.
    edit- a friend claims he is going to taunt me with pictures of himself playing BG:EE :/
    They never promised the Mac/IPad versions for september 18Th. It was always promised to be released in a date as close to the Windows version as possible.

It's still in a better position than Android that still is to be announced.
    Moomintroll
    @moomintroll It goes a bit deeper when I haven't been able to play this game in nearly 6 years. Probably one of my favorite games ever. It's generally been advertised as the 18th. I was under the impression that would include Mac as well. I mean seriously, we are going to have to sit around for AT LEAST a week while the PC players go on their merry way. I'm not really one for sloppy seconds. Plus the PC gamers got the chance to pre order the game for less money. Whats in it for the mac users?
    They wanted to do a preorder for Mac version but Apple denied. There are no preorders for software in the App store.
    @cloakanddagger we get to play the game again, that's what's in it for us! hurray! I don't feel your pain as I can load up the original game any time. I don't know what controls their timing, I'd be happier if they'd just postponed PC release to fit with MAC release, they wouldn't have to tell us why! but maybe I'd say otherwise if a PC was my main computer.
    edited September 2012
    I used to be able to play BG2 on the mac, then when Lion came out I couldn't play it anymore. All i'm saying is, it sounds like they plan on doing plenty of bug fixes/updates to the game post ship anyways, so why not submit the game ASAP?
    Because they're still bugfixing some gamebreaking bugs in the Mac and Windows version. What would you say if you downloaded the game on the 18th and it crashed on you?
  • oldsch00loldsch00l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 192
    Oh come on, aren't we mac users used to wait a year for the release of new games compared to PC ? What's 2-3 weeks in that regard ? ;-))
    mlneveseQuartz
    edited September 2012
    Fuck it! Thanks Beamdog and Overhaul for at least making the game available on Mac. You guys do indeed rock. Your right @oldsch00l i guess I should be used to bending over as an Apple user.
    Moomintroll
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    I don't really mind waiting 1-2 weeks but hopefully its not much more.
This discussion has been closed.