Skip to content

What Classes do you play and why?

123457»

Comments

• DowDow Member Posts: 8
    Kensai, Dual-Wielder.

Why? I like having an impressive THAC0.
  • wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
    I am mainly a Ranger guy as I love two sword style more than any other.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    @wariisop, I am mainly a korean as I love to Gangnam style more than any other...

That is what I wanted to see you post when I read that.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Im mainly finnish and drunk and a dwarf AND a really really crappy bard.
  • LinkamusLinkamus Member Posts: 221
    My favorite classes are Archer, and Swashbuckler. I really enjoy classes that really shine at high levels.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    I like the Sorcerer.

Back in the day when I was first playing DnD (or rather ADnD) games I found magic classes pretty daunting to play as, in spite of my unabiding love for magic classes in RPGs, because they were complete weaksauce (often died in one hit) and the magic systems itself was really difficult to learn and get to grips with.

The came along the Sorcerer, a magic class that made it easier to learn how to play with magic classes.

Now I can play Clerics, Druids, and Mages with little problem.

:-)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I usually go combat heavy (paladin, fighter, archer). The limited uses of spells keeps me away from mages, and I don't really enjoy the magic in the game. If I were to go mage, I'd take sorceror, as I hate having spells that may be useful, but sit unused, while the one I want is gone bye-bye.

I think a bard would be interesting in the way that thieves are, for the flexibility is nice. The poor THAC0 kills thieves for me, though - you either go with a ranged weapon, or get ready to miss a lot (unless you go dual/multi). Not sure how people succeed with this class (aside from Swashbuckler, whose to hit bonuses eventually make them feasible at high levels).
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    I usually play Druids and Sorcerers, but also like Rangers, Rogues and Bards (3.0E+). Why?
    1. I'm quite interested in Druidic history and lore
    2. I love all forms of magic
    3. I love nature and the balance of all natural things
    4. I prefer wisdom over intelligence/charisma and dexterity over strength
    5. I despise Paladins.. and all classes/kits/prcs that require to be of an evil alignment