Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    here's a try at a sarevok mosaic style image : http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7851/sarevokmosaic.png
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Over 250+ downloads of Archaic BETA 4.0 since its release just over a day ago! :)
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    Voting for the non-mosaic. I can't wait until you're finished this is going to be epic!
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    good stuff here.

I prefer the non-mosaic Friendly Arm Inn ! it fits 100% with BG1. Other wallpaper are cool too but it's not the Drizzt's saga here. And Sarevok theme is too red and there are too many different pictures for me.

Maybe could you try with a screenshot from the cinematic "entering Baldur's Gate" ?
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    @Magevil
    I love all the alterations and additions I am seeing.

Options! Options! Gotta LOVE the OPTIONS! XD
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    First let me say a thnak you for the work you already have done. I hope you can include a non-mosaic version of your GUI, as well as a standard inventory screen. That would be wonderful.
    @beastman already have non mosaic gui. Standard inventory coming in beta 5. Thx
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Magevil Not sure if anyone's brought up the text box in the inventory screen. There's a few longer strings that get displayed there that probably need more room. i.e. Boo.
    @Coriander - could you please supply some screenshots? That would be some great help. Thanks.
    Looks like there's a clipping problem any ways.

But most strings are shorter
    @Coriander Thank you. I will get this adjusted in BETA 5.0 release.
    @Magevil Looks like the text wraps fine with more label height.
    @Coriander - how are you adjusting label height?
    @Magevil With my magical developer powers ;)
    If you're using DLTCEP or NI you too can change the label height. It would probably be easier in DLTCEP unless you know the specific label you want to adjust already.
    @Coriander - I'm using DLTCEP but I haven't adjusted anything like that before. Could specify what file type and file I would need to adjust for this? Thanks.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited December 2012
    You should be editing the relevant .CHU file; for inventory... uh. Not sure which one. GUIINV.CHU?
    @Magevil The filetype for the UI is CHU. If you load them up you'll have a list of windows and under them a list of controls. For now the window and control IDs are hardcoded to be handled a certain way by the engine, so if you change them it might just crash when it tries to load the file. Same with the control type.

The "select control" button should give you a preview of the screen with the control highlighted/outlined.

The ingame screens will have the left and right bar as the first two windows. There may be more than one screen using the same background/layout i.e. mage spells and sorcerer spells
    BETA 5.0 is going to include Custom Start Screens, Updated Bronze Button Set with Bronze Dialog Buttons/Scroll Bar, Improved Inventory Screen, and Enhanced Record Screen and much more. Thanks for everyone's feedback and encouragement.
    edited December 2012
    Sword Coast Mosaic Start Screen for BETA 5.0

Let me know what you think of this one...
  • Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27
    @magevil the start screen looks really nice, maybe a little bit bright, but that could just be my phones weird screen messing up. Keep up the good work
    @notepic4 I agree its a bit bright. I try to tone it down a bit.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    These GUIs look real pretty. Too bad no one had an interest when the games were first released.
    @CoM_Solaufein - I understand and support Overhual decision to keep a simple GUI interface. If they had changed it up too much then people would be complaining about that. It's so hard to keep everyone happy. But hey at least we have Modders who are willing to step up and fill the void right? :) Thanks for your feedback.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    Nice sword coast one maybe a little to bright as the others said =)

Just an idea, do you plan a Weidu Installer for your mod ? it could greatly improve the whole install process as there are more and more options coming =)
  • sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    edited December 2012
    This is a fantastic project. Keep up the amazing work, I am really looking forward to its release!

I like the mozaic idea as well. Though the Drizzt ones look out of place considering his diminutive role in the series. The inventory ones look a bit heavy on the eyes but should be great on bigger screens.

My personal opinion would be to try and package in all of the artwork you can muster as I'm sure there will be fans for everything. :)
    @neoesprit - excellent images - I will use them for sure! Thanks.

@sebas - Yeah - Drizzt is not a major character but part of the D&D universe and peaks some interest. Thanks for your input.
    Preview of the new Record Screen for BETA 5:

I'm unsure of the sword - lots of empty space and needed something to go there. Opinions please...
  • TimTim Member Posts: 38
    Great work so far :)

you could use Pictograms for the Attributes to visualise them instead of the sword.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'd remove both the sword and the BG2 skull above it and use the empty space for something else. Maybe a mosaic of the classic, BG1 skull? Another thing worth mention is the "36" circle in the lower right overlaps with the arch. It would look better if you move it up a bit.
This discussion has been closed.