Skip to content

E.T.A. for MacOSX version?

Comments

• bivbibivbi Member Posts: 96
    edited December 2012
    My VMWare Fusion on Win XP SP3 can't run BGEE (i also have a macbook air late 2008 => intel core 2 duo 1.86 GHz + GeForce 9400M 256 MB). Graphics issue i think : can't launch a game or if i can, no bakcground/map (char on black).
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Is it out yet?

How about now?

*just getting that out of my system, semester is nearly over, students are leaving and I have a month till they return. I'm only buying 2 copies of this game, got the iPad and can't wait for the OS X version. As part of the original macbaldur community, I've been waiting over 10 years for a stable playthrough.
    Not yet T_T
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Well we have not heard anything about a rejection notification yet so I am just guessing by next Wednesday earliest probably 20-21st Dec.
  • xander32xander32 Member Posts: 2
    Don't know if anyone has noticed or mentioned, but they've put up an option to be notified when the game is released for everyone who just can't wait to get playing. You can find it here: http://www.baldursgate.com/osx.en.html
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    @knoland iTunes Connect is closed on the 21st, so it'll either be before then or the 29th.

@knoland iTunes Connect is closed on the 21st, so it'll either be before then or the 29th.

It's ok been gearing up for some paperback D&D ;) I can wait...
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    @Knoland "paperback" D&D? ... lol
  • jonnapierjonnapier Member Posts: 4
    bivbi said:

My VMWare Fusion on Win XP SP3 can't run BGEE (i also have a macbook air late 2008 => intel core 2 duo 1.86 GHz + GeForce 9400M 256 MB). Graphics issue i think : can't launch a game or if i can, no bakcground/map (char on black).

Same here - Parallels works ok though!

@Knoland "paperback" D&D? ... lol

Can't imagine why this is laugh out loud funny? Did I say something wrong?
    @Jonnapier thanks i'll try this maybe, if apple doesn't release BGEE within a week
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Why not sell the game as you have for the PC? Why wait for Apple to agree to sell it? Their loss.
    I already asked them, 2 weeks ago, they told me that was because of that fu****g contract. I agree with you, they'd rather put BGEE for PC, MAC and even ANDROID on BeamDog. But they aren't going to do this.
    For the same reason there is no Steam version: it's in their contract.

No idea why the rights holders wanted it that way, but there you go.
    Hum, for steam it's also because Trent Oster is BeamDog foundator AND because steam takes 30% of the price, actually quite different. Apple takes also 30 % and so do Google. I don't know how much BeamDog takes, but not far from others.
    edited December 2012
    @bivi: all the more reason to release it themselves, they'd get more money per sale.

Also, that tweet was about the iPad update, but it should be about 6 days anyway.
  • shtkckshtkck Member Posts: 22
    bivbi said:

Hum, for steam it's also because Trent Oster is BeamDog foundator AND because steam takes 30% of the price, actually quite different. Apple takes also 30 % and so do Google. I don't know how much BeamDog takes, but not far from others.

Even though Trent owns/works for/ is associated with Beamdog, a direct (albiet largely unknown and unwanted) competitor with Steam- they're shooting themselves in the foot for not distributing it on Steam. That was probably their stipulation as a game distributor, not one put on them by Atari or Wizards. Imagine the sheer amount of copies that would be sold to fans and people who are unaware of the series alike. That would surely outweigh the 30% that you speculate, also, I'm fairly sure if overhaul had a indie account they wouldn't have so much of cut taken out of their pie.

My two cents as a avid steam user and someone who has spent 400+ hours in BGI, TOTSC, BGII, TOB, IWDII.
    Actually BeamDog is only 2 years old, whereas steam is 9 years old. You can ask for players who used steam at it release, it wasn't known and it doesn't worked well. Now Steam is a large platform owned by Valve (something like $2.5 billions).

Wait and see, what is coming to us.

I think BeamDog can become a great platform, but they need to be trusted by video games publisher and enlarge their game store (and maybe start making a client for mac). Also the secret of the growth of Steam is called FPS^^. Where do you think Steam will be if ther wasn't Counter Strike, Halo, CoD.... on it ? Even now, look at Borderlands/Max Payne/..., they all are on steam, and sometimes at -50%.
    I don't need to be Captain Obvious to tell you that is the key of the glory for a video game platform.

Now having steam on your computer is almost like having facebook (exept that it is not the same population ^^), and having BeamDog is like having Google + . When you tell a steam user "Hey, look at this awesome RPG on BeamDog, download it you will have years of pleasure." he will tell you "What? look at those graphism, and what is BeamDog ?", and you will have to say "it's like steam, you can buy games there", and he will say "Haha, i already have steam, why taking a second software which do the same ?". And here come the problem. He will be right, if the only difference is the games, it's not enought to make peaple downloading BeamDog, BeamDog need to create a need, something you can't find on Steam, something unique, some expected games, some great things. And for now, they focus on BGEE and they can't search for a such thing.
    Take for exemple the iphone 5, they created a 0,5" need, adding $200. When they release it, i was like "OH dude, who's going to buy it ? i'm hopping nobody is enough stupid to change his 3 months old 4S to the 5"(Sorry for those who are in this case). And finally, you can see that it's one of the most wanted phone, more than more powerfull smartphone with better OS and cheaper (Don't say i am a Apple Hatter....... Ok just say it =p). That is called a need. If BeamDog can create a need like this one, they will be the kings of the online stores^^.
    For know, they are just one among others, with nothing (almost) special (sorry but like Metallica says : It's Sad But True ;).
    Now i thinks i'm going to stop writing things, otherwise i won't be readen^^.
  • WolfensoloWolfensolo Member Posts: 3
    Hoping the OSX version will be out before Xmas.
    i bet it's this Wednesday...
  • i've now lost interest.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I am sorry guys. Seems that the MAC version will be even more bug-free. :P
    It was rejected it seems like :(

"Very bad news. Mac OSX #BGEE has been rejected from the Apple Mac App store. We'll dig in and see what the problem is." From Trent's twitter.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253

i've now lost interest.

Same:( To keep myself busy I bought Kingdoms of Amalur which will do me for the next 2-3 months now. By then hopefully some more DLC is out!

edited December 2012
    Well the good news is it doesn't have to go to the back of the queue if it's a metadata issue, and sometimes the turnaround time is quite fast after resubmitting in that case. But I think the chances of it coming out by the Thursday cutoff date are very slim.

If they have to actually submit a new binary, we're looking at the first week of January.
    Post edited by FuzzyPuffin on
  • utopiautopia Member Posts: 5

I am sorry guys. Seems that the MAC version will be even more bug-free. :P
    It was rejected it seems like :(

"Very bad news. Mac OSX #BGEE has been rejected from the Apple Mac App store. We'll dig in and see what the problem is." From Trent's twitter.

bad news..
  • TriangleheadTrianglehead Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2012
    Seems like we can never catch a break...unfortunate. Seeing that the Ipad version was accepted and got its review expedited in the bargain, this wait we Mac users have to suffer through seems a little ridiculous in comparison, in my biased opinion.
    Post edited by Trianglehead on
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    Looking forward to the Mac release, too much iPad is not good for my neck! I want it to be fully connected so I can continue the game wherever I may be and whenever I have a few minutes.

Looking forward to the Mac release, too much iPad is not good for my neck! I want it to be fully connected so I can continue the game wherever I may be and whenever I have a few minutes.

have they invented a hands free attachment for the iPad that hangs from ones shoulder and places iPad comfortably in front of ones face? I better draw one up!
This discussion has been closed.