Skip to content

December 21, prepare for the Apocolypse!

Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
Hey there, so the 21st is supposed to be a big day, the Apocalypse (as per reliable extinct centuries old prediction from the Mayan calendar, and blockbuster movies involving neutrinos)! It's convenient that the 21st also falls on a Friday, thus we will be able to get the most out of the celebrations. I'll probably be checking the forums and *hopefully* be playing a nicely patched iPad BGEE. =)
MedullaOblongataUlfgar_Torunn

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Letundiel
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Am I boring if I say it's just their equivalent of ending one calendar and starting a new one, like how we do every single year?
    Letundiel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I won't stop anyone from dying at that day, if one's so depserate about apocalypse...
    Syntia13
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Hehe there doesn't seem to be as much hype about DEC 21 as there was for Y2K...remember that one? Anyway, hopefully there won't be too much mass hysteria.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    If the Mayans were so good at predictions, why didn't they predict the Spanish? ;)
    TJ_HookerSyntia13
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Aww, I hope nothing happens for real...I'm going to visit my boyfriend on the 27th to celebrate Christmas and New Year with him...and I'm currently working my @ss off to get all of my work done by the time I gotta leave. It would be a major trolling by Fate if anything indeed WERE to happen. >_>
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    My favorite end of the world theory for next week is the one about a giant planet that will hit planet Earth... Hercobulus, Hercubulus or something like that...

I always wanted to ask to those who believe this where is this giant planet that can't be seen one week away from collision. Any theories? :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mlnevese
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I thought this was amusing so I looked up a list of predicted apocalypses .
    [Deleted User]Cuv

I thought this was amusing so I looked up a list of predicted apocalypses .

Ohhh we have to wait until 2018 for the next end of the world? Time enough for BG3 to be out then :)
    Shandyr said:

mlnevese said:

My favorite end of the world theory for next week is the one about a giant planet that will hit planet Earth... Hercobulus, Hercubulus or something like that...

I always wanted to ask to those who believe this where is this giant planet that can't be seen one week away from collision. Any theories? :)

It's hiding behind a black hole!
    I actually saw someone in the net who believe a massive blackhole is coming to earth from 22 light years away... besides it being invisible, it must be traveling faster than light... Time to throw all our physics books in the trashcan :)

SilyCuvMedullaOblongata
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Ah, black holes, shifty ones, that lot. Never trust a black hole, I say, oh no. My uncle did that once, you see, trusted one, know what I'm saying, and look what happened to him!
    Anyway, this seemed topical:

Apparently sales of underground bunkers are doing very well. Reminds me of the pet-care service that offered to take care of your pets after another recent apocalypse. after the rapture.

Any tips for cashing in on the next apocalypse?

And we will all go together when we go.
    What a comforting fact that is to know.
    Universal bereavement,
    An inspiring achievement,
    Yes, we all will go together when we go.
    Space_hamster
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited December 2012
    Gangnam Style have 971,518,818 views, close to billion views, the of the world is near indeed.
    ElectricMonk
    You could fit a lot of twinkies in that Apocalypse tube.
    Moomintroll
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Apparently sales of underground bunkers are doing very well. Reminds me of the pet-care service that offered to take care of your pets after another recent apocalypse. after the rapture.

There is a saying that if gold is really expensive, sell pickaxes.
    Moomintroll
    I can just imagine all the terrified 'preppers' out there who will be huddling in their dark underground apocalypse tubes on Friday, awaiting the end. ;)
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    We should rob all their houses while they're away. They probably wouldn't even miss what we take, if the apocalypse doesn't come: just being still alive would be pleasure far too high to allow themselves to bother of their petty material possessions.
    what is supposed to happen? A bunker is quite a specific thing, do they have anti-calender shielding or soemthing?
    Boost the tachyon field through the main deflector!
    edited December 2012

It really depends... what is the theme of the 2018 apocalypse? This week's apocalypse seems to follow the destruction from the cosmos theme...

BTW does anyone risk to try to explain how a giant planet/black hole may be getting close to Earth at the speed of light and no one noticed them? :)

Post edited by mlnevese on
    @minevese I think it is supposed to be another second coming of Jesus. Not quite sure what that entails, dead coming back to life?

With any luck, rich believers will just give away all their belongings, what with camels, needles etc.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Boost the tachyon field through the main deflector!

Moomintroll
    edited December 2012

@minevese I think it is supposed to be another second coming of Jesus. Not quite sure what that entails, dead coming back to life?

So it's part second coming part zombie apocalypse... Maybe you can become a religious leader who also happen to sell zombie killing certified weapons? Only US$ 1000 more if you bless them so they become holy weapons :)

"Of course Sir, this holy rifle can hit a zombie's head 500 feet away and each bullet is personally blessed by the holy Moomintroll." :)
    Wikipedia tells me that all "the saved" who were once alive and all those alive now will go up into the air and be with the Lord.

perhaps umbrellas for those left behind?
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    World end? Yeah, for big cities like New York, London, Los Angeles, Tokyo, etc... Movies taught me that things go boom in globally recognized multi-million inhabitants cities. Good think I live in the mid'o'nowhere! Weeeehw! :D

Seriously though - I'd bet all my money the world doesn't end. Because if it does end, it won't matter, if it doesn't... then I get rich XD
    Moomintroll
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629

World end? Yeah, for big cities like New York, London, Los Angeles, Tokyo, etc... Movies taught me that things go boom in globally recognized multi-million inhabitants cities. Good think I live in the mid'o'nowhere! Weeeehw! :D

Seriously though - I'd bet all my money the world doesn't end. Because if it does end, it won't matter, if it doesn't... then I get rich XD

And I'd rightfully steal all of your monies, 'cus I own you! D:
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Can anyone work out if the chances that the world will destroy itself through nuclear armegeddon is more likely than you winning on the lottery? Lets say the UK lotto for standardisation practices...

Just wanna know my odds...
    Moomintrolllolien