Skip to content

E.T.A. for MacOSX version?

1234568»

Comments

• KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Where did October - December go? lol
  • jedolleyjedolley Member Posts: 9
    My only complaint about waiting for the Mac version is that the updates have disappeared. It seems as if the PC and iPad version were primary and everything else in on the back burner.

• PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198

Recil said:

Did this thread just fall through a wormhole?

Um. It appears so? Why did all the September posts get put on the last page of this thread?
    Yeah, I got a message that some 50+ people commented on my thread, but there are hardly any new comments!
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    It'll all be well worth the wait, in the end. You will see.
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    Xtopher said:

"but ANY application that goes on a new Mac (mine is running Mountain Lion) has to be approved by the App store before it will install (like my HP printer updates have to come through the App store). SO EVEN IF THEY WROTE A MAC LAUNCHER, it would still need to go through the review process. "

Not entirely true. If you turn off gatekeeper in OS 10.8 anything will install just like it did in every other OS version before it. You only need to go through the Apple store if you want to use that distribution method and work with the default security settings of 10.8. Many people disable gatekeeper because the Apple store/installer doesn't fully support component level add ins for other apps and content additions yet.

oooo Thanks! This was making me angry! But not enough to look for a way around it...
  • KratosKratos Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2013
    Two questions and responses from Trent Orster's Twitter feed from about 23 hours ago.

Handy: "Hi Trent! Many are really looking forward to BG:EE on the Mac. Do you have a realistic time frame of when it will be available?"

Trent Orster: "You used the word "realistic" when referring to scheduling software development. We're doing our best to get it done." [Sounds a bit grumpy!]

Dave DuJour: "Any idea how much longer us Mac users will have to wait before submission? Days? Weeks?"

Trent Orster: "The Mac version was rejected on our first submission, so we're going through it with a fine tooth comb to ensure it passes." [final bug testing?]
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    I'm having a real difficult time viewing the most current posts in this thread due to the date issue with the final page. Would it be appropriate (for someone) to begin a new thread to make sure that we're seeing all of the updates?

It's a shame the Mac version has not yet been submitted again, but if it means the game is more likely to be approved, then perhaps it's worth it. The only other issue is related to the hold this will place on the PC and iPad updates, as Oster mentioned they were going to do synchronised launch/updates when the Mac version is finally released.
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    @Xtopher -- lol "Diamond" edition of NWN? That's funny to me. Because NWN wasn't really worth enough to merit an edition any more precious than lead.
  • ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33
    Test post - can't read anything past September 2012 (Page 8) of this thread?!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Thantalas, @Phillipdaigle:

This thread has been acting strange as of late: new posts do no longer show up at the last page and the last page is equal to the first page. Is there a way to restore this (for instance by deleting the complete last page or a lot of comments?).
  • SornSorn Member Posts: 41
    What is up with the time portal of this thread?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There seems to have been something going heinously wrong with the way this thread's working (not the content of the posts, but on the technical side of things). If someone wants to restart the thread anew, please do; I'm going to close this one in the hopes that that solves the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.