Skip to content

ETA?

help!!
i can't check this part of the forum as the last page takes us back to September postings!

Comments

• ZandriZandri Member Posts: 33
    Think mods deleted a bunch if posts as it started drifting off into piracy etc.. Well that was my assumption.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    People are still able to post though. The last one was posted yesterday yet but I can't see it either.

Hope this game is out on Mac this month!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    I was starting to think it was something on my end. I cleared browser caches and there is no way I can read the latest posts in that thread as well.
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • NicholsNichols Member Posts: 16
    I'm having the same issue! Hope it's released soon :'(
  • comatorycomatory Member Posts: 30
    "@trentoster: The Mac version was rejected on our first submission, so we're going through it with a fine tooth comb to ensure it passes."

Seems like they even haven't submitted yet. Looks like end of the january soonest.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i crumbled & got it on my gf's laptop, but because i'd been following the mac version so much, i didn't read the issues regarding the windows version. so after buying it i realised the laptop has integrated itel graphics and even with some fiddling the game won't show circles, FoW, highlight traps etc. for a 1st time player it would be unplayable, but it basically means that i just have to trigger traps all the time and not bother with sneaking. not too bad, overall i'm still glad i got it.

if the mac release is more bug free than the windows by the time it comes i might get it for mac too
    oldsch00l
    At this point I would get the windows version if I had an easy way to use it on the mac like this guy gives: http://www.paulthetall.com

I could never figure out wine and all that on my own.
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    Nichols said:

At this point I would get the windows version if I had an easy way to use it on the mac like this guy gives: http://www.paulthetall.com

I could never figure out wine and all that on my own.

It's running fine with Wineskin on the Mac, and it will likely have to do until the Mac version arrives. That said, I'm just playing the buggy iPad version or the original with BGT on my Windows partition. It would be great to have a native Mac version soon and I'm willing to wait. It's just a shame the PC and iPad updates might likely be delayed until the Mac launch to keep things 'synchronised', as Oster has tweeted.
    I keep seeing new comments on the old thread but still can't read them :'(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There was an issue with how the posts were collating, so I closed the thread. Go ahead and use this thread to continue the discussion.
    LazarusNineSixheadeddog
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    Ah, pity! It was the 3rd most viewed post on this site! Now I will never beat the others! ;-)
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Okay, then with the death of the broken thread.

Is it out yet?

How about now?

now?

come on... is it ready yet? /sob
    Sixheadeddog
  • TriangleheadTrianglehead Member Posts: 40
    It was my understanding that they're still prepping the Mac version to survive the gauntlet that is the Apple Approval Process. Is this still accurate?
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2013
    @Trianglehead According to Trent Oster's tweet three days ago, it seems you're correct: "@TrentOster The Mac version was rejected on our first submission, so we're going through it with a fine tooth comb to ensure it passes."

This is all fine and good, and I'd rather see it pass than get booted back, though it would be nice to see a Mac version soon. The only disappointing fact is that it means that updates to the iPad and PC are likely also delayed. See this from eight days ago: "@TrentOster We're planning a more synchronized Mac launch / iPad and PC update to synchronize versions so multiplayer works properly."
  • EpimethiusEpimethius Member Posts: 2
    Ive been following the development of this game for a while and forgive me for venting, but Im losing hope, (My next computer will be a PC after hoping and waiting for this game). I loved the original Baldur's gate, and Baldurs gate 2. I love the idea of a remake but seriously the constant yes its coming out, no its not, is reeeeeeeeally frustrating. Not all of us have twitter accounts (so no Trent I can't get news that way, posting to this forum or on the website would be nice) and the lack of hard news is irritating. There have been a lot of companies lately that have promised stuff and then nothing came of it and we've seen the companies disappear just as quickly. I personally would love assurances backed up by hard evidence that this is not whats going to happen here. It would be nice for someone to make the Mac version first and then come out with the PC version....
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197

@Trianglehead According to Trent Oster's tweet three days ago, it seems you're correct: "@TrentOster The Mac version was rejected on our first submission, so we're going through it with a fine tooth comb to ensure it passes."

This is all fine and good, and I'd rather see it pass than get booted back, though it would be nice to see a Mac version soon. The only disappointing fact is that it means that updates to the iPad and PC are likely also delayed. See this from eight days ago: "@TrentOster We're planning a more synchronized Mac launch / iPad and PC update to synchronize versions so multiplayer works properly."

Well, since the PC/iPad versions are what are driving sales at the moment, that's actually good news for us. Because if the Mac release is tied to the next PC/iPad update, that means they'll want to get all three out sooner rather than later. It ultimately works to our favor.

Ive been following the development of this game for a while and forgive me for venting, but Im losing hope, (My next computer will be a PC after hoping and waiting for this game). I loved the original Baldur's gate, and Baldurs gate 2. I love the idea of a remake but seriously the constant yes its coming out, no its not, is reeeeeeeeally frustrating. Not all of us have twitter accounts (so no Trent I can't get news that way, posting to this forum or on the website would be nice) and the lack of hard news is irritating. There have been a lot of companies lately that have promised stuff and then nothing came of it and we've seen the companies disappear just as quickly. I personally would love assurances backed up by hard evidence that this is not whats going to happen here. It would be nice for someone to make the Mac version first and then come out with the PC version....

lol... Hmm. Wow.

1) You're switching over to PC because of *this*?...

2) It's never been a question of "yes it's coming out" or "no it's not." It's always just been a matter of time and bug fixes. This is a pretty old game that this company is resurrecting; so naturally it's REALLY buggy. I don't think you'd have been any happier on the PC side, given how rocky the launch there was.

3) Trent Oster, Beamdog et al are probably even *more* frustrated than you are, because for all of their hard work they are *still* working both to fix bugs on all platforms and to get approval for release of the Mac and Android (and rumored Linux?) versions of the game.

4) You don't need a twitter account to get updates from Trent Oster. I don't use twitter, but every so often I click over to Trent's twitter page to see if he's given any new information about the OSX release.

5) It's a vicious circle. Company promises a game for Mac. Mac community gets excited. There are problems putting out the game. Some segments of the Mac community grow impatient and declare they've lost hope! Company begins to panic as the work it's put into the Mac platform begins to look like it won't bear fruit. Production on the game slows as the company starts to hedge its bets. Impatient/hopleless Mac community gets louder with its complaints. Finally, believing (falsely) that there's no profit to be made from the Mac platform, company backs away. Those among the impatient faction of the Mac community then have the gall to complain that no games are made for Mac anymore -- while the rest of us headdesk in frustration.

6) The "hard evidence" is that the game has been released, and that there *is* a version of it for Mac that has been submitted to the App Store twice so far. Nobody who's gotten that far with a game is going to just give up and not see it through to release.
    Cerevant
  • EpimethiusEpimethius Member Posts: 2
    Sorry venting on my part. Ill shut up now.
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197

Sorry venting on my part. Ill shut up now.

lol You don't have to shut up. And for what it's worth, we all get why it was you had to vent. Because, all things being equal, I'm sure we'd all rather be playing BGEE than talking about why or how it hasn't been released for our platform yet.
    I think, what I ought to have said (in fewer words and better tone) should have gone more like: chill out. Don't lost hope. Or something like that.
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    @TrentOster: @zaffle We are working on it. We haven't submitted the current build as it still needs some testing.

1 hour ago...
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    @Knoland
    thnx
    So late January release?
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    Hopefully mid but I guess more likely end of January. Patience is a virtue. lol
    At this stage I don't mind. We've missed the initial rush/buzz off the EE being released on the forum/net so another week or month isn't going to bother me.
    rexregSixheadeddog
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Since they didn't get an expedited review last time, would they be able to apply for one again this time around?
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    Scooter said:

Since they didn't get an expedited review last time, would they be able to apply for one again this time around?

Maybe, but Apple would just deny them again. Expedited reviews aren't really meant to be used for that purpose.
    Scooter
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I think it's more probable they'll submit the patch and when it's approved, use the planned release date feature of the app store to be able to release the patch to widows version in the same date, and, maybe, the OSX version as well.
  • shtkckshtkck Member Posts: 22
    I think the Mac version of BG:EE will launch alongside Project Eternity.
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    lol. that would be horrible. i'm sure when Project Eternity will be released, BG2:EE will be out there long time and maybe even a sequel got announced.
  • AdamAdam Member Posts: 3
    If I understood correctly, the team isn't submitting new build because they're testing whether it is flawless this time. Fine. Still I wonder why they won't submit this build ASAP and make testing afterwards.

This will make them keep a place in the review queue, however when they find out the build is not ready for release they can "reject" their own build, leaving the review queue.

@Overhaul is it what you do? If not, why?

FYI @all expedited review may be used just once per year per developer account. So if they've used that already, then they cannot do it again. Also expedited review should be used for critical app fixes, in this case it isn't a fix, but initial release, moreover it isn't critical :)