Skip to content

Average BG gamer age

Comments

• NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    25-29 here as well :D
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    @tilly

Thank you :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    First voter.... I feel old! Please. I need some older people to vote too!
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Done
    Lifat said:

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I totally thought this was a poll asking how old my character was.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    While I did not have Baldur's Gate 1 when growing up, I did have Baldur's Gate 2... It didn't say too much about the events of the first game so it was still an experience to play Baldur's Gate when I finally got the chance, it did however throw the biggest revelations out there...
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Lifat said:

There you go.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm 20, so I'm still kind of a brat. Doesn't matter, thought, BG awesomness is for everyone.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I did play BG when it first came out, despite my bracket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Zero people under the age of 20... guess that's not much of a surprise
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    edited January 2013
    Silchas said:

Zero people under the age of 20... guess that's not much of a surprise

yes but it's really a shame though

as for me 26.

as for my charname (because I thought this topic was about him at first), if you, like I as a fanfiction writer, think the whole story through enough, it makes a lot more sense for him or her not to be too old when leaving CK. definitely not 20 and even better 16 or younger

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Well. Now I feel a bit better. I played bg1 after bg2 too. I think I started playing bg1 in 2001. I'm from 86 so I was around 15.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited January 2013
    Well, the game outright says you're 20..so....why ask? I mean sure some races will obviously be higher, since relative 20 is a bit different for gnomes, dwarves, elves, but for the races with similar maturity rates to human (H-E, Halfling, Half-orc) ~20 sounds good. Humans though are 20...flat out, no possible difference because the game says so.

Though THIS Spawn of Bhaal, 27-28.
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    I'm surprised that people in the 20-25 and 25-30 is greater than 31-40. I was in high school when this game came out. I'd think 20-25 and 25-30 people would have been to young to play Baldur's gate or be interested in it.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

I'm surprised that people in the 20-25 and 25-30 is greater than 31-40. I was in high school when this game came out. I'd think 20-25 and 25-30 people would have been to young to play Baldur's gate or be interested in it.

Well I started playing video/computer games shortly before school, so at 7. So I had been into the hobby for some years when Baldur's Gate came around. Not quite sure what did it, but BG was the game that made mages (or wizards or whatever various games call them) my favourite class for most any RPG from that point on. There's a statement going around here and there occasionally that BG revitalized the RPG genre on computers... I'm inclined to believe it.
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    I was around 12 when BG came out.
  • ShadowWolfShadowWolf Member Posts: 33
    hmm i was in my teens when it came out, i still have the copies too.:)
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    I was nine when the first one came out, started playing when I was thirteen...and I haven't stopped since!
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    edited January 2013
    I was nine when Jimi Hendrix died. :) The link that @GodKaiserHell gave above leads to a similar player age poll in which over 1000 forum members have voted, so maybe new members might want to add to those statistics as well? More options for us old geezers here, though...
  • ADHDADHD Member Posts: 9
    I thanks my older brother every for showing this game when I was young xD
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    /me is the first voter below 20. Lulz!
  • ThorssonThorsson Member Posts: 190
    edited January 2013
    There was only one vote possible...
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242

Well I started playing video/computer games shortly before school, so at 7. So I had been into the hobby for some years when Baldur's Gate came around. Not quite sure what did it, but BG was the game that made mages (or wizards or whatever various games call them) my favourite class for most any RPG from that point on. There's a statement going around here and there occasionally that BG revitalized the RPG genre on computers... I'm inclined to believe it.
    Well you are lucky. When I was that age I was playing Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy on Nintendo lol. I still have the computerized music running through my head. You have been slain by a slime!
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I played bg when it first came out in high school and it blew me away.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.