Skip to content

The most ridiculous stats you have rolled for a Baldur's Gate character?

SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
I remember my first full play through of Baldurs's Gate after three attempts I rolled some amazing stats for a Paladin. Which is easier to do on a Paladin because you always get the class requirement minimum ie you will have a min Charisma 17, but despite that I managed:

Strength: 18/00
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 18
Intelligence: 11
Wisdom: 16
Charisma: 18

Which in turn meant that thanks to all the stat boosting tomes I imported into BGII looking like this:

Strength: 19
Dexterity: 19
Constitution: 19
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 18 (There were two wisdom boosting tomes if you know where to look!)
Charisma: 19

Question is what are the best stats you've managed to roll, and how long did it take you? I'd also be curious to know what are the crappiest stats anyone has managed to finish the game on?

Comments

• beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117
    If you really wanted some char with extraordinary stats than a Ranger or Ranger/Cleric would be easier for rolling higher stats, due to the ranger minimum ability scores requirements.

At some time I just resorted to rolling new stats and then setting all ability scores to its minimum score. This way you knew how many points you had to distribute. For my Fighter/Cleric/Mage had following stats once (without tomes):

18/xx

But that made the game feel rather dull for me as I always felt like having had cheated from the get go. Then I took some real dice and ended up with (without tomes):

RazorMoomintrollKukaracha
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    18/00

One of them luck moments of my life :) Fainted after getting those rolls for me thief.
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40
    The highest I've rolled is 94 total, which means you could have 4x18 stats and have 22 points left for the last two stats. Very nice.

I wasn't even aware that it was possible to get anywhere near 106 points like @cyberarmy got?
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    The highest I had was 99 total. Elven ranger :) but strenght wasn't 18/00, it was a crappy 18/20 smg ... But still !

@cyberarmy that does seem A LOT ! Screen, or it didn't happen :D:D
    RerelJairyanna
  • DalsdDalsd Member Posts: 11

Probably this for my paladin. A bit stupid one maybe..
    seekaShapiroKeatsDarkMagesaffon69
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Think it was a 98 or something similar? Don't have any proof for the matter, but hey, lemme try to get a 95+!
    Expect a reply in 5 hours! :P
    MatteoTuriniDragonspearBagorbooinyoureyes
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    It may not be in the spirit of this discussion (seeing as the stats aren't especially high) but after a little under an hour I rolled these stats for my first character:

18/72

What makes this so exceptional? My character was a dwarf fighter/cleric with low minimums (9 str, 12 con, 9 wis), and after stat tomes, lum's machine, tears of bhaal, and equipment (Crom Faeyr, Ring of Human Influence, Nymph's Cloak, Gauntlets of Dexterity) he had the following stats:

• MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    I hate spending time rolling dice instead of playing so what I usually do is enable cheats and Ctrl-Shift 8 to get 18 everywhere. I then lower the stats to get something I consider "standard" for the type of character I'm playing.
    I probably always end up with very slightly overpowered characters but I've always resisted the temptation to leave like that to get a broken char.
    Ossorybooinyoureyes
  • FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160

cyberarmy said:

18/00

One of them luck moments of my life :) Fainted after getting those rolls for me thief.

How did you manage to get a strength of 18/00 for a thief?
    It probably was a fighter/thief that he dualclassed into =P

• cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Medillen said:

The highest I had was 99 total. Elven ranger :) but strenght wasn't 18/00, it was a crappy 18/20 smg ... But still !

@cyberarmy that does seem A LOT ! Screen, or it didn't happen :D:D

That was years ago, cannot provide you any evidence regretfully. I just tought its karma repaying me all that time i wasted on good rolls.:)

@AceofWands It was a F/T mate, half elf, i think... that was 4-5 years ago :)
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2012
    My current character is:
    STR 18/58
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 11
    WIS 10
    CHA 13

Apart from the not perfect strength value (the roll was so good that I decided to go with it...after all, there's the +1 STR tome :D), I find this build a bit over the top.
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2012
    Highest I would ever roll would be low 90s. Getting 90 alone took at least an hour of clicking lol. The thing is that once you maxed out all your main class stats the marginal benefit of spending more time clicking for pointless stats essentially went from positive to negative hehe, so I usually would just stop clicking if I got into the 80s.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    edited July 2012
    Well, mine is not very impressive for you guys, but I got a pretty good roll for my current Kensai charname (the first warrior class I have ever played - and I plan to dual to mage later. What can I say, I love casters and rogues.):
    18/96
    Eagle-eyed viewers will note that this allows me to get an innate 20 in strength, 18 in the other three stats that matter to me and a 16 in Wisdom for Limited Wish by the end of BG2, with a passable Charisma to boot. It might not be a powergamer's dream but I was pretty pleased with it, especially that 96 percentile (though I'm still not clear how the percentiles even work...)
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    I sadly cant remember any of the good old chars I made, and the massive stats they had. Its been a long time since I played BG last :/

But in the link below is an explanation for the way the strength table works.

http://www.ancientscrossroads.com/adnd_tools/str_table.htm

And the percents were, as I remember it, only available to warrior classes, and maybe paladins?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2012
    97 in total for a cleric/ranger multiclass.

I think my stats were something like

18/38

booinyoureyes
  • beerflavourbeerflavour Member Posts: 117

cyberarmy said:

18/00

I wonder if a D&D gamer would get to choose between

1) winning several millions in a lottery
    2) rolling all 18s at character generation

what he/she would choose. ,)
    AdventSignDragonspearbooinyoureyes
  • AceofWandsAceofWands Member Posts: 33

cyberarmy said:

18/00

cyberarmy said:

18/00

Well winning the lottery is much more likely even if you have two 17s in there and a minimum 9 roll for DEX.
    Just how much more likely depends on what the engine does on rolls of 74 or less ,)

Zarathustra
  • FavreFavre Member Posts: 33
    On a human warrior
    18/00

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
    ░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
    ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
    █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
    █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
    ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
    ░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
    ░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
    ░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
    ░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
    ░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

U mad?
    booinyoureyes
    Haha, serious? How many times did you roll for that? That's awesome!
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    pha, i roll stats like that every time. magic of crtl+8 never fails.

seriously though, i don't have patience to roll extremely good stats, so i just cheat with ctrl+8 and then lower some stats to get a (relatively) reasonable stat numbers...

i am just cursed with the need for every fighter or whatever that i make, has to be intelligent and wise. and charismatic. and dextrous. damn....
    trinit said:

pha, i roll stats like that every time. magic of crtl+8 never fails.

seriously though, i don't have patience to roll extremely good stats, so i just cheat with ctrl+8 and then lower some stats to get a (relatively) reasonable stat numbers...

i am just cursed with the need for every fighter or whatever that i make, has to be intelligent and wise. and charismatic. and dextrous. damn....

Cheater =P.

Not VERY ridiculous, but it's a 96 nonetheless. And this is of course the stat roll of my newly created character. It's with a paladin, the Strength score was just 18/19 though, which is a shame. But a 96 is a 96.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    @Cheesebelly impressive :) I think the best stats comes from ranger and ranger/cleric thought, but paladin have auto 17 in charisma xD Not bad either
    @Medillen : yeah, I think it's either ranger/cleric or simply elven ranger? (Intelligence and Charisma scores are minimum 8 I believe?)
    Bards have also good rolls overall, if a bit more limited than paladins. Then again I got a 98 with a bard once XD
    edited July 2012
    @gfm50 :D

edit- i won't cheat for bg:ee editions, i promised myself that.
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    Best I ever got on a Human Fighter after 45 minutes of rolling because I was very determined to get that 18/00 =):

18/00

Worst rolls had me ending up with four stats in single digits XD
  • Papy_SilkPapy_Silk Member Posts: 44
    18 18 18 18 18 12. After like, 3 hours. :D I never managed to do better than that, even though after years of training my eyes are able to recognize any sub-16 average at first glance. *-*
    trinitMedillenszdobos
    i still have to count for three 18's and see the amount of points left, excluding the first ten point of the stat.

please dont ask :P
    QuartzOssoryAristilliusCrevsDaak