Skip to content

****** SPOILERS ********* "The Stuff"

Comments

• ToofyToofy Member Posts: 36
    swnmcmlxi said:

From his portrait it looks as if his attack sound would be "Heeeere's Johnny!!!" (thinking Nicholson, not McMahon).

I still give you credit for the Ed McMahon reference
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    While I'm glad people are enjoying Baeloth, we'll try to track down why he's not popping up for some people in the next patch.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325

While I'm glad people are enjoying Baeloth, we'll try to track down why he's not popping up for some people in the next patch.

Enjoy? You sir, are a bunch of wicked evil masterminds.

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Or do you mean malevolent malicious masterminds?
    geselle said:

Enjoy? You sir, are a bunch of wicked evil masterminds.

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    So here's a premature question that I just can't help asking. :)

Is Baeloth just an easter egg? Or will he be turning up in BG2EE with Dorn, Neera and Rasaad?
  • wildwild Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2013
    Got him to appear on a new game but still no luck on my other one with the clua console any thoughts? I had opened travel to Larswood but hadn't gone there before the patch.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    edited January 2013
    I haven't even gone looking for this guy yet, but I'll say it up front; *this is what I bought BGEE for; new party members*. Not the BG2 features, or Black Pits. This.

It is new party members that separates BGEE from GoG and/or various mods. It's why I came to the dance.

Baeloth totally needs to be in BG2EE, as well as an evil thief, please and thanks.

Needless to say, my current BGEE evil party will go to find him!
  • foster79foster79 Member Posts: 30

Glad to know he's not intentionally shy for people that have already explored that particular area! For some reason I went there very early in my game, wasn't looking forward to having to go all the way back to the last save where I hadn't wandered in.

Yeah. my current evil party couldn't find him where he was supposed to be. I deliberately didn't save anticipating that. I'll go back there again once this is patched.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    I started a new game, went to Larswood, killed all the Gibberlings around that tiny abandoned tower, killed some wolves, branched out a lot, killed everything in about half the map around the tower, and then waited beside the tower for a few minutes and nothing happened.

Is there a level, chapter, or some other trigger requirement? Thanks.

Edit:

Maybe a level requirement. I leveled up through the console and it worked. I'll come back every level or two and check it out. Ignore the post sorry.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    moopy said:

irement. I leveled up through the console and it worked. I'll come back every level or two and check it out. Ignore the post sorry.

People have been saying it's 5+. Not sure if people are full of it or not though.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    I'm positive it didn't work at level 1, and it worked at level 8 so. Maybe Ill test that.

Edit:
    It is definitely level 5. At level 4 I walked all around the tower and nothing would happen, and I leveled up to 5 while standing next to the tower. The moment I left the character sheet screen after leveling up to 5 I got the cut scene.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Mykra said:

People have been saying it's 5+. Not sure if people are full of it or not though.

You think @Balquo is full of it? Really?

You have to be level 5+.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Jalily said:

Mykra said:

You think @Balquo is full of it? Really?

Simmer m'friend, simmer. It was obviously tongue in cheek and all it meant was 'This is what I heard, not what I know.'
  • ToofyToofy Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2013
    Edit: nevermind, said mod already stated again that you have to be level 5 lol
    What if you're multiclass?
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    That is a really good question. Anyone know?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited January 2013
    To all seeing problems with Baeloth showing up:

Is your main character Level 5 or higher in at least one class?

If it is not, the cut scene will not happen.
    If it is, try the following:
    Enable Debug Mode
    If you aren't already there, go to Larswood
    Move near the location 1873,3035 (Press "Ctrl-X" to find out your current location)
    If you don't see the cutscene at this point, do the following:
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BA_START_SCENE","AR2900"), then Enter
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BAINVI", "GLOBAL"), then Enter

Tell us what values you are seeing for these two variables. Post a save game if you can.

To see if you can force the scene, do the following:
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BA_START_SCENE","AR2900",0) then Enter
    Type Ctrl-Space, then CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BAINVI", "GLOBAL",0) then Enter

and let us know how it works out!

(Edit: clarified for multiclass)
    @Cerevant what if your main is a multiclass?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Looks like at least one of the levels must be 5 or greater.
    @Cerevant Well that answers that for me. Xzar, you get to live a while longer.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    *Loading Chaotic Evil Playerchar*
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    I love it! Baeloth is awesome, great sorcerer and very funny NPC. i like the surprise very much. Thanks!
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Awesome addition to the game, and the best of the new NPCs. Keep up the good work.
  • lestatlestat Member Posts: 299
    definitely the npc i desidered. Drow rulez. Wanna see drow race as playable in the future!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited January 2013
    It's always great to have more choice. The more party members, the better.

Baeloth is a great NPC. I've liked him since the first second of his appearing. Now I don't even think about my party in BG2:EE without him. Sorcerers always were very strong if you know what spells to choose and now his personal character and the ring make Baeloth - for me - the best mage in BG2.

And it was so surprising we got a new NPC with a patch, just for free. It's unbelievable and absolutely fantastic if you compare this option of BG:EE to get free stuff with some other companies' DLCs.

But I'd like to mention his stats. We see only high CON (+2 hp per level), CHA (5% shop discount) and INT. But for a sorcerer INT is not required AT ALL. He doesn't memorize spells, so his INT stat is not important.

And for the Wish spell, you need WIS, not INT. A potion will do it fine.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Gah Baeloth. I killed you once, now I can actually use your jerkwad magic awesome skills!!!
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    I switched back to my evil blade playthrough upon hearing the news! I like Neera but Baeloth is a much better fit and I like sorcerors in this game :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I'd like to romance Baeloth. It would be great if your CHARNAME (male and female) can romance Baeloth.
  • pakbgeepakbgee Member Posts: 31
    Can't find the new dark elf sorc, read somewhere that hes in Larswood near the small stone tower, but hes not there!
    I am at chapter 6 just finished iron throne tower.