3. 25-29
      37.99%
    4. 30-34
      14.35%
    5. 35-39
        6.99%
    6. 40+
        8.56%
paulsifer42The_New_Romancemch202SirBuliwyfNimzDentzgreenmonstercarugaSilver_MoondarrenkuoElandirARLENFake_SketchEquiptoEpitomyofShynessRisingsunMoradinfighter_mage_thiefAkuroNecdilzorMERLANCERavenX

Comments

• RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Sorry guys, had no idea how to add it to the existing thread, perhaps a lathander style omnipotent lawful good MOD could merge it for us?
    TalvraeQuartz
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    Damn, I just turned 25. Bumped up one poll category is like a gentle slap in the face. :P
    SirBuliwyfpaulsifer42elminster
  • ARLENARLEN Member Posts: 3
    Bwahaha :P First in line here!
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Sorry guys, had no idea how to add it to the existing thread, perhaps a lathander style omnipotent lawful good MOD could merge it for us?

Dont worry I alread summoned @Tanthalas at the older thread :)

Oooohhhh, a summoning... I'm getting all goose bumpy in anticipation!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Looks like its impossible to merge discussions with polls.
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    I was already grown up when i played it.... well, either that or I still haven't grown up yet.
    Renshtalisoldsch00lmellotronheart
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This doesn't seem all too surprising.
    Renshtalis
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124

gfm50 said:

Of the 20-29 demographic, I wonder how many of us grew up playing this game and the fact that it is a wonderful memory of our childhood is part of what brings us here =]?

That's totally me dude, total nostalgia. And I like to think ill be playing it for 13 more years!

This!
  • La_VoixLa_Voix Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 772
    gfm50 said:

Of the 20-29 demographic, I wonder how many of us grew up playing this game and the fact that it is a wonderful memory of our childhood is part of what brings us here =]?

Best. Childhood. Memories. EVAR!!!
    Duran
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm 20. Started to play BG as a little brat.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I'm 20 since one hour ago. :P
    RenshtalisSirBuliwyfKlonoaNWN_babaYaga
    Happy b'day bro!

@seeka funniest post Eva!!!
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Thanks.
    Renshtalis
    Ill buy you a miniature giant space hamster.... Or perhaps an ice weasel!
    Sophia
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    39 and feeling all my years ... 8D
    RenshtalisKoson
  • DalsdDalsd Member Posts: 11
    gfm50 said:

That's me. I also used to watch while my dad played the game. Didn't really make it very far by myself when I couldn't read yet so I also played my dad's save and copied it.
  • tpowltpowl Member Posts: 35
    39 man
  • TheSkrinTheSkrin Member Posts: 11
    23. Wasn't part of my childhood though; more of a recently acquired taste. Now that I'm old enough to appreciate good things.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    24, give it a couple of months and then I bump up to the next category.
  • catheraainecatheraaine Member Posts: 52
    23, and I recently found out my future father in-law could never beat the game, yet I at least three times when I was 10. He probably played a mage.... :]
    SirBuliwyf
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    34 :) I remember well when the first BG came out... soon! :D
    Renshtalis
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    26. Picked up a copy at a computer fair aged about 13. I still remember playground discussions about BG1. Been playing 1&2 every year or so since then. Good times.
  • ArndasArndas Member Posts: 42
    14, kids my age just don't appreciate great "old" games as much anymore...
    Renshtalis
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    24! thank god I fit into that 20-24 option... Im not supprised most are 25-29, I was really quite young when I played BG1 and didnt entirely understand the ruleset and found it insanely difficult. Strangely this didnt take away from my enjoyment (as people these days (according to alot of devs) need to have a game in which they never fail to enjoy it).

Dont think its entirely nostalgia that brings us back here though. BG was just a damn good game with tons of replayability. I know I never go back to any other games as much as the BG series.
    Renshtalismch202KnettgummiDalsd
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    @Excalibur_2102 agreed. And I don't really think it qualifies as nostalgia when I've been playing off and on since release, up until last run through ~2yrs ago...
    Renshtalis
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    My, I had know idea I fell into such an old-age minority group: 40+ 3%, with my 41 years of age and nephews and nieces still young bumbling kids, I fall into the same category as grandpa's teaching their grandsons to like Baldur's Gate. Or is no-one older playing Baldur's Gate? I know my parents' only game they play is Spider Solitaire. LOL.